• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Revisions Part 3: Post-Timeskip (Fullbring, TYBW and CFYOW Novel) (Part 2)

Antvasima said:
Okay. Have any revisions been accepted then?
Nothing is conclusive yet. Qawsed and I thought the Attack Potency's suggestion could be fine but there wasn't much of discussion there so more discussion is necessary.

There was already a huge thread discussing the Gremmy Meteor feat. You'll have to make another CGM thread to discuss which calc is better.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
There was already a huge thread discussing the Gremmy Meteor feat. You'll have to make another CGM thread to discuss which calc is better.
Yeah, I think you have to do this, speaking as the creator of the currently accepted Gremmy calc.

Why does Gremmy scale to the meteor? Unless I'm missing something, doesn't he do this feat through RW? Also he never hurts Kenpachii nor is he able to survive at attack from him.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
Why does Hremmy scale to the meteor? Unless I'm missing something, doesn't he do this feat through RW? Also he never hurts Kenpachii nor is he able to survive at attack from him.
gremmy used to scale to the half of the meteor yield,as he needed to double up his power (create a clone) to make meteor, I.e. he is using energy to create things,otherwise he could imagine both the meteor and the galaxy room by himself,without the help of the additional clones

i believe it is all stated in the currently accepted meteor calc

Does anyone know what the reasoning is for Kenpachi's Shikai multiplying his stats by 7?

I don't think that can be the case; since the meteor he destroyed was created by two clones, and the Gremmy that tried to become stronger than him was just a single Gremmy.

Elizhaa said:
Nothing is conclusive yet. Qawsed and I thought the Attack Potency's suggestion could be fine but there wasn't much of discussion there so more discussion is necessary.
You can ask more staff members for input help if you wish. We are in a hurry before April 15 after all. You should primarily use the Bleach verse page, but can also use the VS Battles Staff page if there aren't enough people available.

GremmDamage3245 said:
Does anyone know what the reasoning is for Kenpachi's Shikai multiplying his stats by 7?
Gremmy's power increases for each clone, 2 clones = meteor. So half the yield of the meteor x 7 for total Gremmy amount is what Kenpachi scales to.

Tokinada should scale to ~ Byakuya, no?

Cause bankai Ginjo is near released Hikone tier, and Tokinada survived direct hit(by getsuga) from him..

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Gremmy's power increases for each clone, 2 clones = meteor. So half the yield of the meteor x 7 for total Gremmy amount is what Kenpachi scales to.
That doesn't really explain why the difference between base Kenpachi and Shikai Kenpachi would be 7x though.

Shikai Kenpachi only cut one of the individual Gremmy's though, and that was when he forgot to harden his body. He wasn't shown overpowering the collective force of the Gremmy's.

The only time he overpowered more than one Gremmy at a time was when he destroyed the meteor.

That's just a durability feat for the first one, which I don't think means anything for the multiplier since Gremmy never hurt base Kenpachi, and the Galaxy Room feat is attributed to Spatial Manipulation & Durability Negation on Kenpachi's profile so that's not an AP feat.

And Kenpachi's AP is equal to his durability thanks to Gerard.

>which I don't think means anything for the multiplier since Gremmy never hurt base Kenpachi

Well that doesn't matter really since Shikai Kenpachi's durability is equal to the Suicide Bomb and Gerard makes Kenpachi's AP equal to his durability.

@IMade; I reread the Hoffnung part of Gerard's fight and it doesn't say anywhere that Kenpachi is hit with an force equal to his own AP. Just that if he damages the sword, then he will be hurt in turn.

And it does matter; you're saying that since the combined explosions of seven Gremmy's damaged Shikai Kenpachi, then a single Gremmy can damage base Kenpachi, but I don't see the basis for that.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

@IMade; my point is that it is never stated the Kenpachi is being hit with a force equal to his own AP. So we shouldn't assume that his own AP is being thrown back at him.

As for whether that's scalable or not, I really doubt that it should be. It seems weird to treat it like this:

- Gremmy barely scuffs up Kenpachi --> Gremmy's AP = Kenpachi Durability

- Kenpachi survives an explosion from 7 Gremmy's with massive damage --> Shikai Kenpachi's Durability = 7x Gremmy's AP

Something doesn't seem right.

It also doesn't seem right that some guns and missiles that Gremmy imagined would have exactly half the power of the meteor he later summons. If he could barely scratch Kenpachi with his full power, how would doubling his power mean that Kenpachi would definitely die?

@Antvasima @Elizhaa

What exactly do we do if we can't come down to a complete agreement? From what I'm reading the move is in 2 days and the wiki will be on lockdown for at least a month?

And I rather our months of work not fall into oblivion as it is now :/.

@Sigurd; we'll pick up the discussion/revisions as soon as the lockdown is over.

Since day 1 I've requested a full alternative scaling done by those opposed and I've seen nothing so far or at least ones for the characters they're concerned with. This makes me somewhat annoyed that our thread has been stalled this long to now wait for at least a month longer now.

We can keep working on the proposals and discuss them off-site, we just wouldn't be able to get them approved until the forum is back.

We did though with those that choose to help out with the ratings. If I recall IMade showed you it multiple times to avoid this specifically because he knows how nitpicky you are.

@Sigurd; for the Soul Society / Arrancar Arc ratings, I recall that I was shown some proposals ahead of time.

Not for this thread.

I don't recall discussing the rest of it in detail though. Just those parts.

Back