• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I hope you are having a good day. I immediately move on to the arguments for Thread.
Fearhax additions
Nodt's fear manipulation must be an improved fear manip because it acts on the nerves, not just the mind.

New layer standards:
'''Layering''' is the ability to break through resistances to one's ability/hax. Successfully using an ability against a resistant character means that the ability is "layered." Further, resisting a layered ability is an indication of layered resistance, so on and so forth. An ability becoming stronger does not automatically mean it is layered unless it is shown to overcome a resistance. Crucially this is not the same as resistance negation, against which layering is irrelevant.
Okay, so let's look at the layers of Nodt's Fear hax.

Byakuya has fear mp resistance from his soul physiology and Nodt affects him with fearhax.

Byakuya's resistance < Nodt's fear

Afterwards, Shikai Rukia is not affected by his fearhax, but when he transforms into his Tatar Foras form, Nodt can affect Shikai Rukia.

Base Nodt's fear < Shikai Rukia's resistance < Tatar Foras Nodt's fear

Byakuya is unaffected by Fear for 2 rounds

Base Nodt's fear < Shikai Rukia's resistance < Tatar Foras Nodt's fear < Byakuya's resistance

TL;DR

Nodt's fearhax and Byakuya's fearhax resistance should be 3 layer, and Rukia's fearhax resistance should be 2 layer.

And: Thanks to @Valeska24 for helping with layering and to Bleach supporters for making the Soul physiology
Kuchiki - Nodt additions

Passive ice manipulation for Rukia's BanKai form. In this form, Rukia is completely covered in ice and anyone who touches or approaches her is completely frozen, anyone who does not have absolute 0 resistance is disintegrated in this ice.

Limited power null resistance for As Nodt

I have multiple arguments for this,

1. Rukia's Sode No Shirayuki failed to block As nodt's fear.
2. As nodt was able to use Tatar Foras ability even after being completely frozen by Rukia

Adding power null for Rukia's BanKai

Nodt, who was normally not affected by limited power null and absolute 0 and went to Tarar Foras and survived, was completely immobilized and defeated after being hit with BanKai.

tbh, it looks more like PN with layers

Limited sealing resistance for Nodt

Freed from the ice seal of Rukia's Shikai state

So sit back and watch this zeref soloer
VideoCapture_20240302-090522.jpg

Last edited:
We can discuss the layers here in a CRT as well, like in this case they’re very simple and blatant. But just FYI As Nodt already has Abs 0 resistance as per the Quincy physiology page, so that part can be removed from the OP.
Okay, I will remove the mentioned topic from the thread in a moment

Correct me if wrong, but the second Rukia uses Bankai she kills As Nodt, so I don’t know if we can say that Bankai Rukia resisted Tartar Foras fear manip. So I think I’m leaning to disagree with Bankai Rukia. Also, if her Bankai is power nulling The Fear, then she wouldn’t even be subject to it in the first place.

Correct me if wrong, but the second Rukia uses Bankai she kills As Nodt, so I don’t know if we can say that Bankai Rukia resisted Tartar Foras fear manip. So I think I’m leaning to disagree with Bankai Rukia. Also, if her Bankai is power nulling The Fear, then she wouldn’t even be subject to it in the first place.
I disagree with Op on this point rukia was never able to resist Tatar Foras' fear manipulation, she was already out of fear when Byakuya saved her from Nodt's domain so this is completely About Byakuya

Correct me if wrong, but the second Rukia uses Bankai she kills As Nodt, so I don’t know if we can say that Bankai Rukia resisted Tartar Foras fear manip.
I think Rukia gained resistance to this in her conversation with her brother before Bankai. And Bankai wasn't affected by Nodt before unlocking. But it can still be said that this is due to Power Null (even though I don't think so). That's why we can save it as 2-layer, probably 3-layer.

Here's the link to the scene for you

Okay, so there are two things we need to talk about here.
1) If you agree with my proposal above then the 3 layer resistance will be for Shikai state, not Bankai

2) If Arc disagrees, then we'll assume that Rukia's Power Null in Bankai will also null in Nodt's fear

tbh, it doesn't matter to me

1) If you agree with my proposal above then the 3 layer resistance will be for Shikai state, not Bankai
Shikai Rukia couldn't resist Äs' fear Manipulation dude 🙏☠️

Tartar foras would never have had any effect on Rukia if that had happened, but no, Rukia was clearly on the verge of freaking out

The reason why Fear Manipulation was not effective afterwards was because Byakuya disrupted Nodt's field and saved Rukia. After this scene, the effect of the paralysis on Rukia was lifted and her hallucinations were broken, so Rukia did not resist this, Byakuya completely saved her ass

And if you still claim otherwise, that's contradicting yourself. Even after getting rid of Fear, Shikai Rukia clearly warned Byakuya not to look into Nodt's eyes

I wouldn’t count, Byakuya “breaking her out” of Tartar Foras briefly as a resistance for Rukia. So I’m still in disagreement for Rukia resisting Tartar Foras at all.

I wouldn’t count, Byakuya “breaking her out” of Tartar Foras briefly as a resistance for Rukia. So I’m still in disagreement for Rukia resisting Tartar Foras at all.
hmm, despite everything, rukia still encounters him and looks at him. If you still disagree after this point, there is nothing I can do.

Can I assume you agree with the others?

hmm, despite everything, rukia still encounters him and looks at him. If you still disagree after this point, there is nothing I can do.

Can I assume you agree with the others?
She wasn’t able to resist it of her own accord, it was only thanks to Byakuya that she broke free from Tartar Foras. As such I don’t think she should gain resistance to Tartar Foras.

She wasn’t able to resist it of her own accord, it was only thanks to Byakuya that she broke free from Tartar Foras. As such I don’t think she should gain resistance to Tartar Foras
then I assume you accept 3 layer resistance for Byakuya and 2 layer resistance for Rukia

Last edited:
I agree for the fear manip/resistance layers for As Nodt and Byakuya. Idk about the limited power null/resistance tho, Rukia isn’t like Toshiro, she doesn’t negate the abilities of whatever she freezes, but she is able to freeze raw energy and Reishi. So As Nodt using his ability while being frozen isn’t really a resistance per say

(Slightly off topic but can’t Shikai/immature Bankai Toshiro also do the same as Rukia, like what he did against Cang Du’s Reishi serpent attack?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back