• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Revisions Part 3: Post-Timeskip (Fullbring, TYBW and CFYOW Novel) (Part 2)

Damage3245 said:
@USKlaverei; please do not quote large posts.
And no, I do have more notes written up (and I'm most of the way through a reread of the arc), but I wanted to post something initially to see what the responses would be.

Not every character scales to Shikai Renji. I think it would be good to nail down the scaling for those that don't first.
There is no need to quote someone who does not climb for him, totally meaningless, and he only needs to quote who climbs and that is it. You are complicating something so simple.

@Sigurd, isn't it part of his profile? I just looked at Zaraki and it is in his keys list.

You can treat it as the Thousand Year Blood Warfare key then, the intent is still the same.

Your thing doesn't make sense, it ignored common sense.

Somehow Unohana is Rel as well but she was blitzing Kenpachi and instantly killing him over 1,000 times. With each death making him more powerful than before.

Aernasilver said:
"As fast as themselves 2 arcs ago". Yeah no.
That justification is already used for several characters, what exactly makes it wrong?

Unohana kept bodying Kenpachi for what apparently is during days from what is implied and he is without his eyepatch and following the whole fact he got curbstomped earlier by Royd and actually becam e stronger to defeat Loyd he is more powerful than his previous selves and she destroyed him arguably worse than Royd did, honestly I'm not sure if she even needs any keys aside from her as her Retsu self basically how she carries herself for centuries and as Yachiru or basically when she's actually going all out and fighting. As Retsu it can be kinda implied Post Resurrection Ichigo is around her level because of the whole "Oh our Spirit Energy isn't that different it's just that you're not good at it" Unohana says Ichigo is captain level, the cloak is brought up and Unohana just has this grimace on her where she basically takes a double take thinking to herself "Did I just said he was at Captain Level in a weakened state ?" And I know Captain Level is a vague term however since a few pages ago she just compared their powers and said they were similar and that Ichigo was just weakened it can be implied at least that

Aernasilver said:
I have already explained my problems to you. You are just outright ignoring it.
You just said "Yeah no" in your last post. That's not an explanation.

Purgy said:
@Damage is your scaling referring to TYBW when it says "Post-Timeskip"?
Not for all of them. I tried to keep it simple by using the keys already I their profiles.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
What still needs to be discussed?
The speed scaling for the majority of the characters.

Some supporters want to try and scale as many people as possible to Post-Royal Guard Training Shikai Renji, so that most of the cast will be FTL.

I'm trying to suggest a more conservative method of scaling.

@Sigurd; in this case I believe it to also be more accurate as well, otherwise I wouldn't be proposing it.

I have yet to see someone agree with your proposition i see others agreeing with OP - you as of now and by the speed this is going nothing will get solved unless we involved more members.

Ask for additional knowledgeable staff members to participate is the best option.

But with the upcoming forum move, I doubt we'll get everything settled in time so it might be best to postpone the revisions themselves.

I feel like Damage makes sense here.

Just assuming someone got massively stronger or faster cause they trained for a period of time doesn't really make sense to me. Especially since if we take the series at its premise for the arc the gotei 13 and everyone are massively weaker than they would be in a war setting yet we know that several of the cast have been training and still on active duty.

Following this if they don't show anything that is beyond what they did in the past why would we assume that they are stronger now than they were

AnonymousBlank said:
So what's happened over the last few days? Did any agreement get reached (he says despite seeing Damage's last post)?
Nope, there has been zero progress regarding the result of this thread.

Damages said he was going to make the list of whoever goes up to Shikai Renji, but until then he is just rolling up to do that.

USklaverei said:
Damages said he was going to make the list of whoever goes up to Shikai Renji, but until then he is just rolling up to do that.
When did I say that?

I said I was going to make a proposal for alternate scaling for characters.

Evidently people disagree with what I've posted so far, so what would be the point in continuing until we reach common ground on those characters?

I told you to scale the characters that scale from Shikai Renji and you said "okay, tomorrow I will do that".
So, you made a scale totally nothing to do with the thing.

If you do not have a better solution, then we will continue with the post since the majority agree.

@USklaverei; that's not how it works. Getting a group of Bleach fans together to agree with massive upgrades and ending up with the only staff member on the thread raising objections doesn't mean you can say "Well, nobody agrees with Damage so we'll continue with it anyway."

Give me a reason why my proposed scaling is faulty.

> "getting a bunch of fans together to agree with massive upgrades"

Let's not imply were somehow getting everyone to FRA or something, not even sure where this would occur since you're in that discord server.

Not trying to imply that; I'm just saying that pretty much everyone who has agreed with the proposed scaling is Bleach supporter. There hasn't been a lot of objective evaluations of what's being proposed.

Damage3245 said:
Give me a reason why my proposed scaling is faulty.
You have made a ridiculous scale for those who have not scaled it, and that is useless here.
Make a dimension of who goes to Shikai Renji and so we can debate.

I don't see how our scaling isn't an objective view. It's exactly the same as it now with some adjustments. The same scaling for like years or something.

Your scaling only works via ignoring several things to force an odd scaling chain based on what you believe is correct, not what the series implies and etc.

@USklaverei; I already left a comment responding to several points in your proposed scaling to Renji, and that went mostly unanswered.

@Sigurd; You mean your interpretation of what the series implies? Because in my version I'm trying to stick to what the manga has shown us mostly rather than relying on "Should be faster than X and Y" and when that gets question the most common response is "Common sense" or "Logic".

Back