• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover speed downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I want to say that the Gauche Beam is not the speed of light.
Yes that's right. It has all the properties of one, but it is not one. It was never called light.

Another thing that also confirms that this is not the speed of light is Gauche being surprised by an attack on the speed of light , he himself mentions that he did not even see the attack, which totally contradicts its beam as the speed of light.

hmm I have actually had questions about BC's light speed because that quote is quite contradictory for a verse of FTL fighters.

Actually read black clover again. The same arc it's called light.

Also lol do you know that Asta has fought Patri many times and still consider him fast even tho they are both FTL???

This whole thread jumped the gun.

Just because he was surprised doesn't mean he was slower.

Gauche only has that speed with his mirror and reactions anyway he doesn't have that as travel speed

Rocker1189 said:
hmm I have actually had questions about BC's light speed because that quote is quite contradictory for a verse of FTL fighters.

Nope lol they are consistent SOL and this is established in literally the same arc. The person who made this thread didn't even finish the arc because the scans he brought was from the same arc that said the beam is light

AstralKing7 said:
Actually read black clover again. The same arc it's called light.
Also lol do you know that Asta has fought Patri many times and still consider him fast even tho they are both FTL???

This whole thread jumped the gun.

Just because he was surprised doesn't mean he was slower.

Gauche only has that speed with his mirror and reactions anyway he doesn't have that as travel speed
It is not me who needs to see Black Clover again, I see so much juggling in these profiles that it gets to nausea.

Gauche is constantly struggling with his beams and positioning the mirrors to reflect them, but as I quoted, this was NEVER quoted as being light.

Like magic users need to see magic to sense it. His reactions still scale to his senses.

His beam is still called light

Light speed and FTL and MFTL is still consistent in verse. This was a poor attempt to downgrade the verse tbh because this is one the verses that establishes speed the most and directly at that

Epsilon R said:
First: https://i0.wp.com/mangachapters.com...ef096b9906069b18956/BlackClover-(4).jpgSecond, the attack is faster than Light not SoL. But even if it's normally LS, Yami said that Patry can increase the speed of his attacks: https://i0.wp.com/mangachapters.com...30394e15541e7ecfe2a12821/BlackClover-(12).jpg
First of all, this is a fan translation, in the original translation, VIZ, says absolutely nothing about light.

Second, Licht cites this about his light projectiles, which I can also argue is not the speed of light, since his Sacred Ray is his fastest magic and is the speed of light.

You know what? Let's go by the standards:

• The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
It does

• The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror. The same way a laser being called light isn't enough to fit the standards, a laser not being called light isn't enough to not fit the criterias
It does

• The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources
  • It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera
Furthermore, there are a few criteria which show a beam is NOT real light:

• It is shown at different speeds in the same material
Nope

• It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans
Nope

• They do not travel in straight lines (unless you can prove refraction/reflection, see above)
They do

Now Gauche's beams are beams of light going by the standards

AstralKing7 said:
Like magic users need to see magic to sense it. His reactions still scale to his senses.
His beam is still called light

Light speed and FTL and MFTL is still consistent in verse. This was a poor attempt to downgrade the verse tbh because this is one the verses that establishes speed the most and directly at that
So how does a guy who constantly fights with light be surprised at the speed of light and can't even see it?

There is nothing consistent, the Marealeona 98x calculation is totally wrong and the MFTL calculation uses the wrong beam speed.

The same way as Asta and literally Yami brhh. The same peolle who deflects light speed attacks all the time.

This is literally downplay.

I'd love to hear how the calcs are wrong when Calc group members said they were fine

Next knowledgeable members who know the context of the feats also agree.

But now you who didn't even know Gauches beam was called light tried to make a downgrade thread and call the speed inconsistent when you didn't even know ablut what was going on

Dude, the only thing you brought is "it's not called light"

you're gonna have to try harder than that if you want your downgrade

AstralKing7 said:
The same way as Asta and literally Yami brhh. The same peolle who deflects light speed attacks all the time.
This is literally downplay.

I'd love to hear how the calcs are wrong when Calc group members said they were fine

Next knowledgeable members who know the context of the feats also agree.

But now you who didn't even know Gauches beam was called light tried to make a downgrade thread and call the speed inconsistent when you didn't even know ablut what was going on
I'm waiting for the Gauche beam quote to be light from an original source, the source we use most on the VIZ site says absolutely NOTHING about it.

Epsilon R said:
Dude, the only thing you brought is "it's not called light"
you're gonna have to try harder than that if you want your downgrade
Yes, it was not called light and it cannot see an attack on the speed of light.

Yammi could only foresee the attacks with Ki, as he himself quotes the WHOLE fight.
Even Julius could only deal with Licht using his precognition, since when he failed, he was injured by it.

1/ That's not enough for the laser to not be Light Speed. Try again

2/ That's just means Patry is Faster than Yami, that doesn't mean Yami isn't MFTL

3/ same thing as 2

Seriously, try again

1- But that is not a laser, how will it be light? It is not said to be light, why would it be light?
This is just like the Cyclops beam, it reflects in a mirror, moves in a straight line, but it is not light.

2- Yes, Yami stated that Patri was moving at the speed of light, just like Laia, as Yami is MFTL?

Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats

Just because it is not said to be light, that doesn't mean it isn't

Gauche's beams move always at the same speed, doesn't explode, moves straight, gets reflected in Non-Magical mirrors, gets refracted in some material and is called "Reflect RAY"

Arguments against? It is not said to be light and Gauche got blitzed by a light attack (If I'm shooting with a gun, does that mean my reaction speed is equal to the bullet' s travel speed? Does that mean if someone shoots me with a gun I should react to the bullet? Of course not)

Lmfao this guy just downplayed Julius below light speed

What's crazy is that Julius is literally going to have a mftl+ calc for spreading his mana zone around the whole country before light speed attacks could hit millions of people at point blank.

A calc group member was the one who said it also.

Stop the downplay

I see you literally ignored the issue of Yami, where he mentions that he can't hit something at lightning speed, OK.

Of course, if there is no mention of being light, there is no point in quoting the page, since it is for LIGHT. Since Gauche's mirror is magical, he can even make clones out of it, so it's no big deal.

This is very interesting, Gauche uses light, but it was NEVER quoted in the whole manga, and when it is light magic, it is clearly quoted, but ok.
Gauche can't see attacks at lightning speed either, but he can fight his beams quietly, hmmm.

Also feats > Statements (While I do think statements are also important)

Yami parried several beams from Patry > Yami saying he moved at the speed of light (Which doesn't really contradict the former) or Yami saying he can't touch him (and again they are comparable in speed so it's normal if he can dodge it)

USklaverei said:
This is very interesting, Gauche uses light, but it was NEVER quoted in the whole manga, and when it is light magic, it is clearly quoted, but ok.
Gauche can't see attacks at lightning speed either, but he can fight his beams quietly, hmmm.
Tell me when he couldn't dodge lightning exactly? Knowing that the only characters he fought so far are Asta, a girl that reflects light, a dude using Zombies, and Patry

First Patry is using Light, not lightning

Second, what does everything you said so far have to do with Gauche's laser not being LS?

But there he is wondering, not stating, however, it is a point that he be amazed at the speed of light.

My question is:

• How does an MFTL guy have difficulty or be amazed at the speed of light?
  • How does an MFTL guy say he can't hit a guy at lightning speed?
  • How does an MFTL guy need to predict attacks to defend against an attack at lightning speed?

AstralKing7 said:
I love the downplay I'll actually ask a knowledgeable staff member on BC to come here when I get time
I love how Black Clover ********** here, this is really embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back