• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover speed downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay then.

There is still like 4 anti feats for refraction/ reflection alone.

So realistically it wouldn't be accepted as light speed. There is way to many anti feats against each requirement and it's not even called light in official translation.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Unless you have the official Japanese scans doesn't really matter. Is doesn't call it light.
Show me the JAPANESE scan in that case, if you insist so much on that.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
According to Jisho we can see this Kanji "Ú¡öµ│ò" which means magic, witchcraft, or sorcery. So the VIZ translation is correct.
If we're playing this game, it also has the kanji "Kuro" (Ú╗Æ) which translates to black and yet it doesn't mention black at all. 2 can play this.

Ionliosite said:
If we're playing this game, it also has the kanji "Kuro" (Ú╗Æ) which translates to black and yet it doesn't mention black at all. 2 can play this.
That's a non-sequitur; the word for light is not in the raws. Therefore it is never called in-verse.

You can't point to another portion of the raws and try to claim it's inconsistent when what your claim needs to have in the raws to be remotely factually accurate simply is not there whatsoever

Xulrev said:
You can't point to another portion of the raws and try to claim it's inconsistent when what your claim needs to have in the raws to be remotely factually accurate simply is not there whatsoever
I don't see how it relates to what I was doing at all. I was just pointing out mistakes on VIZ's translations, nothing more, nothing less. Treating VIZ's word as a fact is iffy given, as I pointed out, they makes mistakes too. As a translator myself, I know it's a hard job.

"Ú╗Æ" Isn't there lol

"Ú╗Æ" Isn't there lol

Go read it again if you seriously say so.

Ionliosite said:
I don't see how it relates to what I was doing at all. I was just pointing out mistakes on VIZ's translations, nothing more, nothing less. Treating VIZ's word as a fact is iffy given, as I pointed out, they makes mistakes too. As a translator myself, I know it's a hard job.
Wait where on earth is Kuro in the raws? Can you point it out to me? I'm not seeing it. But I'm also not a translator so mayhaps I'm simply missing it?

Also. The fact of the matter is that 'Light' in the raws does not exist. You need it to be there to have a point. You can't say Viz is inaccurate and somehow missed something that simply....isn't there.....if it really isn't there.

Poisoning The Well only goes so far as argumentative fallacies are concerned.

So to summarise this thread as we are getting off topic:

The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid:

It does not.

The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror:

It does not. It is using magical mirrors, it also destroys the crystal instead of reflecting off it

The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources:

It has no mention of being light or light speed in the Japanese raw.

It is stated to be made of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source:

Nothing about this.

It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera:

Nothing about this.

1/ That's still refraction

2/ We already said it is reflected on non Magical mirrors. And I do think there's crystal that doesn't reflect light

U r big gay said:
wtf Jessica
Are you ******* breaking up with me?

you ******* bitch
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Epsilon R said:
1/ That's still refraction
2/ We already said it is reflected on non Magical mirrors
Considering it's just magic and nothing is stated or shown about it being light, it'd be a stretch to use it as such. Downright illogical, I'd argue.

I still think Licht's/Patri light constructs are not the speed of light, just his Divine Ray of Punishment, but that's for another topic.

FTL

@Sigurd There's only one anti feat, the crystal (And again I'm sure there are crystals that doesn't reflect light)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back