• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bill vs. Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh no there are no feats just statements like his insult, ford calling him a higher dimensional being etc. etc.

if we went off feats he would be Low 7-B to 3-C

DMB 1 said:
Well, Chuck's hax seems more like Intimidation: it happens because he is so strong compared to anyone in his verse.
To me, it seems more like his real hax is just being able to interact with things like time, rather than the fear he causes to them itself.
I mean, yes, he's so big and tough he scares everything.

Not all verses do that however

The joke is that he's so scary that abstract concepts that cannot logically feel fear get spooked. Bill has never done that. In fact, a majority of fictional characters have no such feats. But Chuck does. And that's why it's a fearhax. Because he has feats and Bill does not have actual feats of resisting a fear so potent it effects abstracts.

I mean, yeah, kinda

But more on point to this, he doesn't have feats of resisting Chuck's brand of fear.

question, does smelling fear have anything to do with this situation

then there is the whole thing where bill just knows who you are when he first meats you

should they know they are fighting? or should they have to figure it out cuz if bill knows he will just hax him

Yeah, but the joke itself implies that he's so strong that things just fear him. And the guy interacts with similar things also through other means, not with a specific ability. It actually seems that they are afraid of him because they know how strong he is. And the argument for them to be non-sentient is because concepts themselves aren't. But the fact that they are scared debunks it. Somebody told me that "the joke" is that even non-sentient things fear him, however, the joke is actually a bit different, and that would be like saying that you can soul hax someone without a soul: the feat disproves itself.

Also, we really need to clarify what type of hax is more potent whether it affects a certain type of being or not, or it's simply just an extension of someone's power.

By this logic, mind haxxing a ghost would be superior to the mind hax of 10.000 regular humans.

Totallynotchewbacca said:
question, does smelling fear have anything to do with this situation
He'll probably have his sinuses explode if he uses such an ability

DMB 1 said:
Yeah, but the joke itself implies that he's so strong that things just fear him. And the guy interacts with similar things also through other means, not with a specific ability.

Also, we really need to clarify what type of hax is more potent whether it effects a certain type of being or not, or it's simply just an extension of someone's power.

By this logic, mind haxxing a ghost would be superior to the mind hax of 10.000 regular humans.
And? He's so tough and scary that things that shouldn't fear him fear him and actively don't want to be anywhere near him without him actually doing anything. Did Bill ever do that? More importantly to this situation, did Bill ever resist this sort of shenanigans?

It certainly bypasses a lot of forms of resistance.

I mean.... depending on the mindhax that is literally just using the power. Kinda not the same thing, Ghosts still have minds, Concepts don't have instincts.

or maybe he sees the over confident man and goes yeah this is the dude
From 4 KM away from out of nowhere he just off chance sees Chuck

seems legit

But that's missing the hyperbolic value of the joke

It wouldn't be funny if Time could be spooked by any run of the mill character.

well he has clairyvoyance, enhanced senses, all seeing eye thing, and watches from within birch trees
All of those things aren't passive. He has to use them. And he can easily do so...

However, to Ouroboros us back round, he's got a 50/50 chance of actually having the audacity to look at whatever is giving him such extreme unholy fear as opposed to just bailing from wherever he's at.

ok but does sba mean they know they are fighting because if yes then bill if not then inconclusive

or bill just law manips as that is what he does and hopes it kills chuck

The joke being hyperbolic or funny or not isn't an argument, it would be like saying that Bugs Bunny is tier 0 because the joke implies that he's above anyone or something. And the joke itself says it's done through things fearing him because they know his power unless you wanna argue that Chuck now has the ability to give concepts a consciousness to make them understand his power.

And again, if someone soulhaxes a person who is said to not have a soul, then its means that it's either not soulhax, or that the guy not having a soul isn't true. The same should be for Chuck, and in the book, the nature of concepts isn't even specified.

DMB 1 said:
The joke being hyperbolic or funny or not isn't an argument, it would be like saying that Bugs Bunny is tier 0 because the joke implies that he's above anyone or something. And the joke itself says it's done through things fearing him because they know his power unless you wanna argue that Chuck now has the ability to give concepts a consciousness to make them understand his power.
And again, if someone soulhaxes a person who is said to not have a soul, then its means that it's either not soulhax, or that the guy not having a soul isn't true. The same should be for Chuck, and in the book, the nature of concepts isn't even specified.
False equivalency, Bugs doesn't have feats.

Concepts logically should not be able to think or understand fear or such things. But they do because Chuck is that manly.

That is also a false equivalency. The thing with Chuck is that he's so tough he just does stuff that don't make sense, the reason that his jokes are funny is because their hyperbole and their acknowledgement of giving the finger to conventional logic. And, to flip that argument around, the concepts aren't specified to be personifications either, so, there is no direct evidence of either interpretation. But, the root of Chuck Norris facts suggest that indeed, it doesn't make sense, but it just works.

ok but does sba mean they know they are fighting because if yes then bill if not then inconclusive

or bill just law manips as that is what he does and hopes it kills chuck
If they both know about eachother, then Chuck can just crush his laws with his bare opinions and subconsciously tell Bill to go commit die.

Doesn't have Tier 0 feats my man

Also look at his profile my dude, that's apart of his powerset is being the source of natural selection and crushing facts with his bare opinions.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
That just sounds like toon force
And how does this invalidate anything exactly?

He does the feat

The feat's the feat

facts not laws

i dunno at this point i think i am going to vote incon unless bill has something up his sleeve

OH WAIT! Bill is smart! he could just run away then with his range kill chuck! It's perfect! MWAHAHAHA

That doesn't stop subconsiously making him go commit die

In fact, actually, if they know they're fighting eachother, thoughts beat fingersnaps and Chuck wins.

If they don't, it's incon.

"thoughts"

Well, his law manipulation and death manipulation are thought based, but they probably wouldn't work. His fear manipulation is more intimidation that works on non sentient beings, and his tranmutation requires touching bill

i think it is known bill doesn't need finger snaps just does them as shown when some of if not most just happen with no finger snap

I will join on inconclusive for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back