• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best (or worst) experiences you had in roleplays?

Hey all, guy who promises he will join your RP thread only to never hop on here. I've noticed that we already have a writing thread, a thread where you discuss your favorite fanfics, a thread where you discuss the worst fanfics you've ever, and obviously a massive amount of RP threads. So I got bored while waiting for my favorite RP game to go up tommorow and decided to make this thread. It's obvious what it's about from the title, so I'll just write some examples I've had.

- Being a peasant that just got done growing and harvesting some plant whose leaves essentially function as hallucinogens that lower your speed but increase your intelligence and somehow your luck. I lace a pipe with it, and offer it to a barbarian that has been defending my farm from bandits. After the first puff, he immediately goes from talking like an illiterate brute to talking like some well-read man from the 19th century, and he started trying to convince himself and everyone else that he was actually once the bank accountant of the town we lived in.

- Post-apocalyptic setting. I'm a member of a massive and violent tribal faction, whose obviously in a war against a more civilized faction. We both have our eyes set on a small town, and would like to take control over it peacefully first before setting on conquering it. While our finest diplomat goes to speak with their mayor, I go undercover as a member of a smaller raider tribe that both major factions are interested in absorbing into their military, and I'm forced to speak in grunts and other non-verbal ways as my character has a distinct accent that's unique to his faction, which would result me in me getting caught. While waiting for her chance to speak with the mayor, the enemy faction's diplomat visits the smaller tribe, and I try my best to keep her distracted and prevent her from leaving, giving our diplomat more time to convince the mayor to let his town be absorbed into our faction and making said mayor assume the enemy's diplomat won't arrive.

- Probably my favorite one. I'm a runaway from an ancient society who fell due to infighting and demonic corruption. Unable to find any shelter or surviving kin, I decide to join a mercenary group that's accepting of all kinds of people. Here, I meet a character with a cool personality, who acts human, has human flaws, and who understands their fellow mercenaries and tries their best to help them out with their issues, all the while trying to fix their own problems and try to hone their craft. While I forgot their name, they were a pretty cool character with an interesting backstory whose player tried to slowly reveal to everyone else, all the while their character's personality bounced off the personalities of the other mercenaries in a natural and fun way. They're the reason why I still haven't given up on this hobby, and I hope I'll be able to meet another character similar to them who's fun to interact with.

My worst experience in any RP is when I was like, 17 or 18 (I forgor) and I was doing RP with a mf who was in a discord server I was in, and like, he was really stuck-up. At the time I wasn't exactly CONFIDENT in my social skills so I made a lot of mistakes when uh, typing responses, and sometimes misinterpreted what was happening.

Like 5 minutes into the RP he blocked me and called me an illiterate mouthbreather in the same server.

My worst experience in any RP is when I was like, 17 or 18 (I forgor) and I was doing RP with a mf who was in a discord server I was in, and like, he was really stuck-up. At the time I wasn't exactly CONFIDENT in my social skills so I made a lot of mistakes when uh, typing responses, and sometimes misinterpreted what was happening.

Like 5 minutes into the RP he blocked me and called me an illiterate mouthbreather in the same server.
The beginning of Azontr Arc

I was in one in 2017 but it died and I didn't enter another one until 2020, just a couple of months after I joined the wiki

the RP was literally as short as ~ 8

The rp had rules that wouldn't let you interact with anything living. I tried making zombies? A warning. Tried to attack a guy without consent? Warning. They had a very annoying warning system.
They had a guy roleplay as godzilla and when i tried to roleplay as ghidorah they said no cause "too many kaiju".
Worst of all it was the most popular rp on roleplay amino and had curators backing it.

Funny/bad experience was when i was rping in pokemon and was op at times and ended up annoying a guy (he really enjoyed that furry pokemon cuddling bits and had an annoying freaking character).
He got be banned there after a while and a bunch of arguments. It also was more of a private thing. Some people weren't happy about it and one let me in a few times. This guy would nerdrage every time though.
So one time i was there he came in angry and i said "ok I'm leaving" and i just observed what would be said and he went "i swear if he joins again" to which i promptly joined and pissed him off beyond repair and made a clown of him in the process. I was later apologized to by the maker of the thread but at that point the amino made cringe rules and roleplays basically died.

I didn't have much experience in roleplaying (or acting in general), but I have to say, the first time I read the rp in this forum, I am interested, until I joined and realized timezone exist and I will be behind all of the development most of the time, so I decided to quit rp-ing

I didn't have much experience in roleplaying (or acting in general), but I have to say, the first time I read the rp in this forum, I am interested, until I joined and realized timezone exist and I will be behind all of the development most of the time, so I decided to quit rp-ing
Average Azontrverse RP player (they live on the opposite side of reality where time doesn't exist)

I did a lot of fighting roleplay and I sometimes used a character that was meant to be unbeatable yet a stronger overpowered OC beat her. It was fun having my OC challenge that other OC again and again just to lose and have her powers copied. My roleplays with that dude went beyond that, I even made fan art of his OC and we pretty much had a roleplay of a crossover between our stories and characters. I miss those times. It was fun, we were good friends.

Yet, one day, for no reason at all, he started ignoring me. I talked to him and he didn't say anything. I saw him online and roleplay with others yet he didn't say anything to me. I never knew why.

I eventually left that community. I still miss him. Those were one of the best and most fun roleplays I ever had, he was a good friend. None of my current roleplays are as good as the ones we had. I still do roleplay just because I still want to have as much fun as I had but it seems those days are long gone.

I still do roleplay just because I still want to have as much fun as I had but it seems those days are long gone.
Bro punching me right in the feels.

I had a similar experience with a girl who I'd become friends with on Roblox in 2017- We used to do a lot of different roleplays in a lot of different fandoms basically everyday, but now I barely if ever talk to her, and we never RP anymore. No RP has ever been as fun as they were in 2017.

I was doing a fighting roleplay with someone using an OP character and it all went to hell.

If I remember well he started doing asspulls and being unreasonably invulnerable to every attack I did while getting angry if I dodged his undodgeable attacks.

The fight went turned into cosmic combat and at that point I was just doing the same things he was doing, becoming invulnerable to all his attacks and pulling out bullshit (Though that character I was using was a reality warper that could obtain all the powers she desired so it was technically in-character but eh)

If I remember well it ended up turning into a cosmic 1v1 between him turning his character into his strongest one, a toon force cartoon while my character created a transformation that turned her into a cartoon too.

He got so angry at me that I wasn't letting him win that he started being sexist towards me and name-calling me (He thought I was a girl just because I used a female character)

In the end, I angered him so much that he rage quitted and blocked me.

I don't remember all the details but making him mald and seethe just because I didn't accept the actions of his OC was funny as hell.

Go fight your local omnipotent OC fella with asspulls or with a similar OC. They will rage in hilarious ways when you don't partake in their power fantasies by not being deleted from existence and humiliated. It's funny as shit, I suggest trolling too.

Oh man. I've been RPing on Discord since 2017 and I have a handful of stories to tell. Here's some summaries, I can elaborate if asked. Most of these are from multifandom RPs, for context.

- Guy comes in and plays his OC named Adam. Adam was made to be as powerscaley as possible (server wasn't focused in powerscaling). His bio said he could destroy multiverses. Bro had a whole debate with himself about whether or not his OC could beat Archie Sonic. He decided he could. All of his replies were like 2 sentences long. He was awful OOC too

- I was in a DC server. The player who had Giganta started DMing me for "hot giantess erp" outta nowhere.

- I was banned from a Pokémon server for xenophobia. The xenophobia in question? I called the Gen 1 rival by his English name (Blue) rather than his Japanese name (Green). That's it.

- The owner of an RP server got hacked via Roblox and the hackers turned the server into a kpop stan group.

- Was in a superhero RP and someone made a lion furry guy who's power was eating people and keeping them in a fleshy pocket dimension. The Writer's Barely Disguised Vore Fetish

- Spawn RPer who was violently racist. Odd combination

- Crazy girl joined an RP. Turns out she had a history in the RP community that involved a time she (irl) captured a wild snake and tried to keep it as a pet and then considered stomping it death to put it down after people asked her to release it

Guy comes in and plays his OC named Adam. Adam was made to be as powerscaley as possible (server wasn't focused in powerscaling). His bio said he could destroy multiverses. Bro had a whole debate with himself about whether or not his OC could beat Archie Sonic. He decided he could. All of his replies were like 2 sentences long. He was awful OOC too
Wait.

oh
my
shit

Adam, as in, Adam Daimao? The Spiker guy? I can't believe he became infamous in other multifandom RP servers, crazy.

I haven't really talked about this much. But back in middle school I used to somewhat dabble in combat RPs on Google+. I was terrible, of course, anyone who RPs with me know can attest that I'm still pretty bad, but I was like...13 then so it was even worse.

Anyway, so I ran into one of those types of people. Like uh...the type that will kinda force action onto you. Like instead of saying “my character slashes at your character”, they say shit like “my character plunges their claws into characters chest, tearing out their heart and leaving time to bleed out.” And would get mad whenever I said that...didnt actually happen.

Anyone who's done combat rps can probably understand how annoying that can get.

Anyway so the fight ended in like 5 comments with him describing how his werewolf oc brutally ripped mine apart (without giving me any chance to describe my character like...defending himself). We got into an argument, mods got involved and he ended up winning that fight. It was a tournament type RP so that meant I was kinda kicked out after that, lol.

Adam, as in, Adam Daimao? The Spiker guy? I can't believe he became infamous in other multifandom RP servers, crazy.
Nooooooooo waaaaaaay, yes Adam Daimao!! Small world. He was an obvious Sonic ripoff and had spike knuckles I think. Also had a robot counterpart

His player did something real bad but that's a heavy topic probably best not discussed here

But yeah dude's a menace lol

I haven't really talked about this much. But back in middle school I used to somewhat dabble in combat RPs on Google+. I was terrible, of course, anyone who RPs with me know can attest that I'm still pretty bad, but I was like...13 then so it was even worse.

Anyway, so I ran into one of those types of people. Like uh...the type that will kinda force action onto you. Like instead of saying “my character slashes at your character”, they say shit like “my character plunges their claws into characters chest, tearing out their heart and leaving time to bleed out.” And would get mad whenever I said that...didnt actually happen.

Anyway so the fight ended in like 5 comments with him describing how his werewolf oc brutally ripped mine apart (without giving me any chance to describe my character like...defending himself). We got into an argument, mods got involved and he ended up winning that fight. It was a tournament type RP so that meant I was kinda kicked out after that, lol.
Forced action? That's how you English speakers call it? In Spanish that's called Mano Negra.

That reminds me. I want to go back to doing combat roleplay again. I wonder, do English speakers still do combat roleplays? That genre is pretty much dead in Spanish communities since they're horny ***** who prefer to do nasty and boring stuff like romance roleplays.

Forced action? That's how you English speakers call it? In Spanish that's called Mano Negra.

That reminds me. I want to go back to doing combat roleplay again. I wonder, do English speakers still do combat roleplays? That genre is pretty much dead in Spanish communities since they're horny ***** who prefer to do nasty and boring stuff like romance roleplays.
Yeah, there are plenty of combat RP's in English-speaking communities. I'm pretty sure most of the RP's on this site have some element of combat to them, though it's largely dependent on who's running it.

Around 2017 I used to be on Roblox joining a bunch of random games made for Role-playing. One of the Fandoms that was most popular around the time was for the horror game Bendy and the Ink Machine, so I'd typically join a lot of games tailored around that setting to do random RPs with random people.

My poor experience doing this was also contributed to me being like 15, but most of the time in a public space like that the RP was just a random mf coming up behind you and saying "* kills you *" with asterisks surrounding the words to denote action, and then expecting you to play along.

In a public space like that with no real moderation or people to enforce rules, shit got really toxic as well sometimes, so if you'd joined a random plot that some people had brewed up with each other and started ******* around (you found it), they told you off really violently lol. This happened a lot for like 15 year old me cause I was dumb and autistic and didn't know how to RP.

Nooooooooo waaaaaaay, yes Adam Daimao!! Small world. He was an obvious Sonic ripoff and had spike knuckles I think. Also had a robot counterpart

His player did something real bad but that's a heavy topic probably best not discussed here

But yeah dude's a menace lol
He started off as a saiyan OC, then a Sonic OC, then a "totally original member of a species i created this time trust me guys."
Surreal as **** to meet someone else here who knows about him, and crazy how he hasn't changed a bit and still continues being a menace. Isn't that guy in highschool now?

I wonder, do English speakers still do combat roleplays? That genre is pretty much dead in Spanish communities since they're horny ***** who prefer to do nasty and boring stuff like romance roleplays.
Mix of both, sadly.

Doing a tournament RP with strangers is already bad enough, but doing it on Google+ really makes me wonder how did you manage to stay sane after all this time.

Mix of both, sadly.

Doing a tournament RP with strangers is already bad enough, but doing it on Google+ really makes me wonder how did you manage to stay sane after all this time.
It wasn't all bad, to be fair.
I actually had what I consider to be one of the most fun fights I've ever RPed in the first round of that tournament.

Can't remember what his OC was, but both of us were playing Demi-gods. My character armed with like, a variety of mythical relics, while he fought mostly with his skill and technique.

It was a pretty intense fight. A lot of RP fights I've experienced kinda end up with someone’s OC just being like...untouchable pretty much, due to uh...speed or skill or some other stuff. But that fight had like...a really satisfying back and forth, with both of our characters trading blows and just...feeling even with each other? Idk I just remember really liking it lol.

I ended up losing since he chopped all my dude's limbs off, black knight style, but it was still really entertaining.

That reminds me, losing fights in roleplays can reveal lots of things about your characters.

I have a character made Akina that at that point I wrote her up to be a human that can obtain the powers of a god.

In the roleplay, Akina took notice of a goddess that was one of the strongest beings so she went up to her and provoked her.

Before the fight, both agreed that the winner will be the one who wins 2 times for the first time.

The fight started and the goddess stopped time and instantly killed Akina. Akina revived and complained, saying it was unfair and unfun. The goddess stopped time and killed her again.

Akina respawned and continued complaining, she was crying and stomping the floor in a fit of rage and humiliation.

They had a discussion, the goddess told her that she won according to the rules they agreed on. Akina complained about how the fight wasn't flashy nor interesting but after a while she agreed that the goddess won.

Akina asked the goddess for a rematch but the goddess said she wasn't in the mood for a rematch right now and she promised a second round in the next week.

The goddess pointed out that Akina didn't start with her strongest form and that she lacked important resistances so Akina promised to gain more abilities and resistances to have a fairer fight in the future.

Content with a promise for a rematch, Akina stopped crying and continued talking to the goddess as a friend.

Back