• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

PrinceofPein

Username Only
Hello Ladies, Gentlemen, Chads and Mrks, I finished playing Total war Atilla Legendary challenge and started scouring the internet for games that challenging and Addictive, but all I found on the internet is well trash, which got me an Idea for this thread. This is a thread for anyone out there that has also suffered the same thing as I did, trying to find a game to play after finishing a really interesting one and decides to find other games that is similar but you just can't find one. So you kept searching and then you lost all hopes and decided to give up and you shut yourself away from humanity never to see daylight again. But don't worry I am here to save you as usual.
The purpose of this thread is simple, we try and list the best games for each and every genres out there, be it PC, Consoles or Mobiles.
The listing will be based on:
  • Gameplay
  • Story
  • Art design & graphics
  • Challenge
  • Audience/fans Reception
  • Vs battle members experience/view
I will try to find links to download or buy the games picked in the thread and update the OP with it.

1. Action​

Games that emphasize physical challenges that require hand-eye coordination and motor skill to overcome. They center around the player, who is in control of most of the action. Examples of such games/sub genres will be shooters games(COD), platform games(Mario), Fighting games(Mortal Kombat) e.t.c.
Due to the broad category of action games, here are the sub-genres
Platform games
1. Super Mario
2. Katana Zero

Shooter games
1. Call of duty
2. Original Doom

Hack and Slash games
1. Greek God of War
2. Bayonetta
3. Devil May Cry
4. Blood and Glory (Mobile)

Fighting/duel games (e.g. Mortal Kombat)
2. The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
3. Tekken 5
4. Guilty Gear

Survival games (e.g. Resident evil)
1. The suffering

2. Sandbox​

These games are often associated with player choice, open environments, and non-linear gameplay. players often have less concrete goals and narrative pathways to pursue. Instead of beating the boss and saving the princess or the girl mean to you in High school but you love either way, you may face a variety of tasks you can accomplish in a number of different ways. Examples will be Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto, Simulations (The sims) e.t.c.
The top five are:
1. Minecraft
2. Grand-Theft Auto V
3. Don't Starve Together
4. Terraria

3. Adventure​

These games normally require the player to solve various puzzles by interacting with people or the environment, most often in a non-confrontational way or with little confrontations and actions. Examples will be Uncharted, Indiana Jones, Tomb Raiders e.t.c.
The top 5 are:

4. Action-adventure​

Action-adventure games can divide into action or adventure games, they combine elements of their two component genres. These games tend to focus on exploration andusually involve item gathering, simple puzzle solving, and combat. Examples will be Final Fantasy, Assassin's creed, Legend of Zelda e.t.c.
The top are:
1. God of War
2. Sekiro
3. Yakuza 0
4. Witcher 3
5. Assassins Creed
6. God Hand

5. Role-Playing Game​

These games cast the player in the role of a character that grows in strength and experience over the course of the game. By overcoming difficult challenges and/or defeating monsters, the player gains experience points which represent the character's progress in a chosen profession or class. Examples of such games/subgenres are: MMORPG(Eve Online, League of Legends), Elden ring, World of Warcraft, Geshin Impact e.t.c.
The top 5 are:
1. Xenogears
2. Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth
3. Kingdom Hearts
4. Nier:Automata
5. Skyrim or any other TES games

GACHAS

1. Honkai Impact
2. Geshin Impact
3. Guardian Tales (Mobile)
4. Fate/Grand Order (Mobile)

6. Strategy Games​

Strategy video games focus on gameplay requiring careful and skillful thinking and planning in order to achieve victory and the action scales from world domination to squad-based tactics. Strategy video games generally take one of four archetypal forms, turn-based, real-time, strategy or tactics. or mixture of two or more of these at the same time. Examples are: LOTR: Battle for middle-earth, Total wars, Mobile legends, Civilization, Clash of kings, clash royale e.t.c.
Top 10 are:
1. Total War: Atilla
2. Conqueror's Blade
3. Heroes of Might & Magic III
4. Stronghold Legend
5. Portal 2
6. Chess
7.13 Sentinels
8. Library of Ruina

7. Visual Novel​

A visual novel is a game featuring mostly static graphics, usually with anime-style art, where as a payer you get choices to pick some replies sometimes and that will have an overall impact on how the game continues. Examples are: Dies Irae, Fate, Clannad e.t.c.
The top are:
1. Dies Irae Amantes Amentes
2. Tsukihime Remake
3. Umineko
4. Higurashi
5. The House in Fata Morgana
6. Doki Doki Literature Club

8. Sport games​

Sports games emulate the playing of traditional physical sports. Some emphasize actually playing the sport, while others emphasize the strategy behind the sport. Examples will be PES, FIFA, Dream league, Football Manager, NBA e.t.c.
Top are:
1. Rocket League
2. Inazuma Eleven Strikers
3. Midnight Club
4. Gran Turismo and Forza
5. FIFA and PES
6. Need for speed

Thanks to everyone who will help out, You folks are the real heroes

Disclaimer: Pain or the vs wiki will not be liable for anyone who does not enjoy any game on this list because you suck.

Last edited:
Anyway, I will go first.
For the Strategy games out there, I will like to propose that Total war Atilla be put on the list (It should be chess but well who plays it anymore).
This is coming from someone who plays lots of strategy games, Anyone who has a strategy game that has a multiplayer, can feel free to challenge me, I will take you on, as long as it is battle based and controlling of soldiers.

The reason why I picked Total war Atilla out of the the total war games I have played and believe me I have played a lot.
It is the most comprehensive, sure it may not have the best graphics, but it is quite challenging, here is an intro video and also a gameplay video below

1. The intro (Watch till the end)

2. Here is an example of battle game play, The stamp is at the time the battle began (1:42)

3. An interface video of the world map and the likes

I should also add that since it is based on a true life stories, in some cases no matter the choice you make, if you are a faction that was at war with each other during that time period, the diplomatic relations between you will fail no matter your choice, which is a downside to the game.

Also anyone who wants tips on the game feel free to ask here or in DM.

Rocket League as the best Sports Game!

There is no story, it is just fast paced car football

Rocket League as the best Sports Game!

There is no story, it is just fast paced car football

Basically you are a car playing football?
Nice I will add it to the list

I really wanna put forward Sekiro as my personal number 1 action-adventure. It might be expected, given it won GOTY, but I thought the gameplay and swordplay were divine. To a point where it's my benchmark for good swordplay in other games, the fluidity of the animations and enemy diversity keeps combat fresh and fast-paced. A lot of Soulslike fans dislike the one character with little build variety, but for me, Sekiro was never going to be a true RPG like its predecessors, and I think the advances made in its combat were worth the trade-off and set it apart from other Fromsoftware Soulsborne games. Its streamlined deflect-attack based combat is incredibly satisfying and the sound design only magnifies this further.

The story is a short and simple one that plays by Fromsoft conventional themes of stagnation, filth, and cycles, but also includes a personal element for our protagonist Wolf, that tells a tale of loyalty and willingness to end a cycle of stagnation with a samurai backdrop. The various areas have incredibly well-designed aesthetics that push the boundaries of what the setting allows. The music is top-notch and IMO just as good as the various stellar soundtracks in other Fromsoft games, and it achieves this by staying relatively within the bounds of being Japanese. The fact that such awesome bangers like Owl (Father), Divine Dragon, Fountainhead Palace, and The Gentle Blade still manage to make an impression on me speaks loads of how good I think the music is.

The challenge pretty much speaks for itself, and the fact that the likes of Demon of Hatred, Isshin, and Owl remain infamous for many players while also remaining mostly respected by veterans tells you something about the boss difficulty. Areas are fairly challenging, even for people who've played the game for some time, and it keeps you on your toes even if you are lazy.
Dishonored is a close second for me personally. The gameplay is divine, and the various abilities given to you makes the game incredibly unique and fun to experiment with. The worldbuilding is fascinating, and its commentary on politics and social classes are shockingly profound for a video game of its time. The worldbuilding is amazing, and the detail of the environments and the NPC conversations makes everything feel alive. It's a fun challenge that requires creativity and skill to pull off many different maneuvers that the mind can think of.

ULTRAKILL AND I WILL NOT ELABORATE ANY FURTHER
I WILL!!

ULTRAKILL is a fast-paced first person shooter with the aesthetics of a retro shooter like Quake, the crazy movement options of Titanfall, and a story that's basically a REALLY good re-telling of Divine Comedy (Those stories written by the Dante guy where he visits Hell and other places). It sports an unique soundtrack whose tracks sound completely different from one another while still fitting the theme of the level you're in, and features a cast of enemies who all interact with the player in different ways. You're given different options on how to play through a level, whether it'd be taking out entire groups of enemies with the Marksman revolver, a gun that let's you fire out a coin that you can then shoot and make it ricochet and land onto the weakpoint of an enemy, take out a large opponent with many types of explosives, or beat the current hardest boss of the game by ******* parrying his attacks with your robo-fists.

This game has it all and has completely ruined my enjoyment of video games. So anyways I'm nominating it for Action.

I really wanna put forward Sekiro as my personal number 1 action-adventure. It might be expected, given it won GOTY, but I thought the gameplay and swordplay were divine. To a point where it's my benchmark for good swordplay in other games, the fluidity of the animations and enemy diversity keeps combat fresh and fast-paced. A lot of Soulslike fans dislike the one character with little build variety, but for me, Sekiro was never going to be a true RPG like its predecessors, and I think the advances made in its combat were worth the trade-off and set it apart from other Fromsoftware Soulsborne games. Its streamlined deflect-attack based combat is incredibly satisfying and the sound design only magnifies this further.

The story is a short and simple one that plays by Fromsoft conventional themes of stagnation, filth, and cycles, but also includes a personal element for our protagonist Wolf, that tells a tale of loyalty and willingness to end a cycle of stagnation with a samurai backdrop. The various areas have incredibly well-designed aesthetics that push the boundaries of what the setting allows. The music is top-notch and IMO just as good as the various stellar soundtracks in other Fromsoft games, and it achieves this by staying relatively within the bounds of being Japanese. The fact that such awesome bangers like Owl (Father), Divine Dragon, Fountainhead Palace, and The Gentle Blade still manage to make an impression on me speaks loads of how good I think the music is.

The challenge pretty much speaks for itself, and the fact that the likes of Demon of Hatred, Isshin, and Owl remain infamous for many players while also remaining mostly respected by veterans tells you something about the boss difficulty. Areas are fairly challenging, even for people who've played the game for some time, and it keeps you on your toes even if you are lazy.
Dishonored is a close second for me personally. The gameplay is divine, and the various abilities given to you makes the game incredibly unique and fun to experiment with. The worldbuilding is fascinating, and its commentary on politics and social classes are shockingly profound for a video game of its time. The worldbuilding is amazing, and the detail of the environments and the NPC conversations makes everything feel alive. It's a fun challenge that requires creativity and skill to pull off many different maneuvers that the mind can think of.
I WILL!!

ULTRAKILL is a fast-paced first person shooter with the aesthetics of a retro shooter like Quake, the crazy movement options of Titanfall, and a story that's basically a REALLY good re-telling of Divine Comedy (Those stories written by the Dante guy where he visits Hell and other places). It sports an unique soundtrack whose tracks sound completely different from one another while still fitting the theme of the level you're in, and features a cast of enemies who all interact with the player in different ways. You're given different options on how to play through a level, whether it'd be taking out entire groups of enemies with the Marksman revolver, a gun that let's you fire out a coin that you can then shoot and make it ricochet and land onto the weakpoint of an enemy, take out a large opponent with many types of explosives, or beat the current hardest boss of the game by ******* parrying his attacks with your robo-fists.

This game has it all and has completely ruined my enjoyment of video games. So anyways I'm nominating it for Action.
Noted both, I will find a link to download and buy them later and update the OP

Genshin impact & Honkai impact 3rd are two great games from Mihoyo
Having played both and experiencing how it gets you glued to your screen, I personally prefer Honkai impact to Genshin impact.
You should see how we argue Honkai impact Vs PGR in Anime family even when they know Honkai is peak
Not only is Honkai harder than Genshin but it also has this fast-paced fighting style.
Punishing Gray Raven is also as good as both and just as face-paced as Honkai

Here's a little Honkai gameplay..

Genshin impact & Honkai impact 3rd are two great games from Mihoyo
Having played both and experiencing how it gets you glued to your screen, I personally prefer Honkai impact to Genshin impact.
You should see how we argue Honkai impact Vs PGR in Anime family even when they know Honkai is peak
Not only is Honkai harder than Genshin but it also has this fast-paced fighting style.
Punishing Gray Raven is also as good as both and just as face-paced as Honkai

Here's a little Honkai gameplay..

Noted

Arguing over mids, can't be me

Definitely Yakuza 0 for Action Adventure. Kamurocho and Sotenbori are vibrant and always fun to run around, and when combat kicks in, it almost always seamlessly blends in to where you're currently standing in the cities. The minigames are also addicting, consisting of Disco, Karaoke, Pocket Circuit, Cabaret Club Battle, and more. The story is also impeccable, very emotional and easy to get into. The music is also a banger. I don't have much else to say.

Definitely Yakuza 0 for Action Adventure. Kamurocho and Sotenbori are vibrant and always fun to run around, and when combat kicks in, it almost always seamlessly blends in to where you're currently standing in the cities. The minigames are also addicting, consisting of Disco, Karaoke, Pocket Circuit, Cabaret Club Battle, and more. The story is also impeccable, very emotional and easy to get into. The music is also a banger. I don't have much else to say.
So in which order are you proposing it?

I would put Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Trilogy somewhere in the middle or the bottom of the top 5 in Action-Adventure.

As once explained, nothing tops the level of narrative writing the Ezio trilogy did. It was a fundamental departure from the stoic setting of AC1 into a more vibrant and thriving environment of Renaissance Italy all the way to Ottoman Turkey, and to detail one man's life from birth to death in such vivid detail is a feat rarely many people can pull off with such grace, a young womanizer hardened by tragedy and battle to become a man of incredible wisdom and experience, such a story is hardly repeated, let alone made from a character's birth to their death, and it shows in Ubisoft's refusal to further develop and build up new protagonists and to just keep jumping from one new setting to another which explains their current mediocrity. The old gameplay was also great in its own way that it promoted player agency above all else, that it didn't hold your hand too much and allowed you to choose where you wanted to go, and the combat was also pretty decent, but we both know it's the parkour and free-running that catches everyone's attention. And the hoods. And beating up the Pope in fisticuffs.

There's also the topic of how insanely detailed the historical cities in these games were to a T, ignoring some of the few anachronism, impressing most historians out there too.

4SsEUJs.jpg

possibly one of the greatest gems I've seen for a mobile game, the best aspect of Guardian Tales is its story (especially post world 9) the gameplay is fun, and I think within what it is (a gacha) it's pretty kind to anyone and more so now that they're giving away one of the best characters just for completing the story.

this is just an excuse for more people to play it lol.

Back