• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
OP has been updated according after doing a little research on internet reviews of the game.
Also I added GTA V as the number for sandbox, anyone who has something better can let me know.
I also added Dies Irae in number 1 of the Visual novels because I am biased.

OP has been updated according after doing a little research on internet reviews of the game.
Also I added GTA V as the number for sandbox, anyone who has something better can let me know.
I also added Dies Irae in number 1 of the Visual novels because I am biased.

now call me childishly crazy but shouldn't Minecraft be above GTA V?

For number 2 strategy we have Conqueror's Blade.
It is free to play, the graphics is top notch also, and then it is has an impressive world building based on rome.
Tbh I would give it 1, but the thing is Total war Atilla is better when it is not only about battle but also politics, but in terms of battles Conqueror's blade has it, since you can act as an actual general on the battlefield not just someone who controls every unit, which is something more tasking also

Last edited:
For number three Strategy, I am proposing Stronghold legend, although it may not have epic battles like the first two, it has really good storyline and humor.
Also if you enjoy games like tower defense, townsmen e.t.c. you will enjoy this. It has some awesome battles too

I'd consider Hollow Knight more Action-Adventure, because it also involves a lot of exploration as well as puzzle solving like most Metroidvanias. Portal is likely Adventure due to its nonviolent nature and heavily cerebral gameplay

I'd consider Hollow Knight more Action-Adventure, because it also involves a lot of exploration as well as puzzle solving like most Metroidvanias. Portal is likely Adventure due to its nonviolent nature and heavily cerebral gameplay
Does portal involve lot of puzzles according to what I saw? cause if it does then thats a strategy game

Someone brought up Genshin and Honkai above. I wanna bring up the Fire Emblem series for strategy, as well as Fate/Stay Night in particular for Visual Novels (don't rope the other Nasuverse vns with it)

Tbh I think there should be more specific categories because some are too vague and large, so trying to rank them would be like comparing apples and oranges. Like, you can't really compare a first person shooter like Call of Duty or Titanfall to a fighting game like Smash Bros or Mortal Kombat

Last edited:
DUDE 🗿

OCEANOFGAMES IS A PIRATE SITE.

REPLACE THOSE LINKS WITH STEAM LINKS.

Console exclusives would be replaced with their home site links.

I think I'm in favor of having a separate genre for Gachas... just because right now there are like 3 Gachas games in the role-play genre.

DUDE 🗿

OCEANOFGAMES IS A PIRATE SITE.

REPLACE THOSE LINKS WITH STEAM LINKS.

Console exclusives would be replaced with their home site links.
Ah when I get to PC, I forgot
Tbh I think there should be more specific categories because some are too vague and large, so trying to rank them would be like comparing apples and oranges. Like, you can't really compare a first person shooter like Call of Duty or Titanfall to a fighting game like Smash Bros or Mortal Kombat
I will try and widen the action category a bit more

Action:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Tekken 7
Street Fighter 6 (Let's be real, it isn't even out yet, and you know it's about to be hype)
SIFU (Based off of the descriptions, I think it falls under this one best)

Action-Adventure:
Breath of the Wild definitely
Tears of the Kingdom isn't even out yet, but I assure you it will be no. 1 in two seconds.

RPG:
Elden Ring (off reviews alone, I would place it as no. 1 lol)

Strategy:
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Not three hopes, three houses, play it, you'll thank me later)

Anyone that knows about the existence of Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (I play on Shadow of Death but there are other, potentially better, versions) should automatically include it in the Number 1 for strategy with no explanation needed
Should anyone object I am probably not even qualified to answer properly but the game is extremely rich in strategy with turn-based combat, exploration and "resource management" all playing a vital role to your success. Mix that in with godlike music and good graphics for a game that came out in 1999 and you get one of my favourite games ever.
For sport (or action/fighting...you do you) this is going to sound weird but I'd recommend WWE 2k14 specifically. As someone who never gave a shit (and still, to this day, doesn't plan to) about anything wrestling the game hooked me like few others. The gameplay is surprisingly interesting enough to not be boring thanks to counters (you can counter EVERYTHING) and the ability to escape being pinned if your timing is on point, balanced by the fact that targeting specific body parts and going for submissions is another viable strategy. The story mode is actually not bad despite being "just beat the other dude" you get to see some iconic moments if you're a fan and even if you're not some of the entrances/cutcenes are unironically cool or at least fun. Where the game shines however is in the customization, you can make your wrestler from scratch and customize EVERYTHING, from taking 4 different jabs just to look goofy to making an ungodly abomination of different outfits+weird body to creating your own special/finisher. I could probably go on but time is a bitch, I'll try to respond within this century if needed.

Back