• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Berserker (Fate/stay night) vs. Meliodas (Seven Deadly Sins)

Berserker Profiles states that you can take several life's at once. So what is the power he gets scaled to? Calculation wise?

Energy Consumption and managing it are important parts of Fate Servants and how they battle, just writing a blank check and saying, "Never runs out" is a massive buff given for no reason- not having as much stamina as another character is important. It's not other fiction faults that Servants are so shittily balanced in their setting that they run out in a few minutes of combat.

Also why would an attack being fired inside of him have anything to do with bypassing God Hand? What canon supports that over raw firepower given that he could be harmed by lesser attacks- it just wouldn't do anything past God Hand?

God Hand is based on his skin, iirc.

Also, if you don't want the "never run out" nonesense that isn't even what was mentioned above, then you can go with how good they are with their masters, which in this case is Illya, and that basically gives Herc almost "never runs out" stamina anyway.

Friendlysociopath said:
Also why would an attack being fired inside of him have anything to do with bypassing God Hand? What canon supports that over raw firepower given that he could be harmed by lesser attacks- it just wouldn't do anything past God Hand?
I think they're talking about how it took attacks from a Tier whose baseline is ten times higher than Mountain to take away that many lives, something Meliodas wouldn't be able to also do unless he is significantly higher than Berserker in AP.

Gemmysaur said:
God Hand is based on his skin, iirc.
Also, if you don't want the "never run out" nonesense that isn't even what was mentioned above, then you can go with how good they are with their masters, which in this case is Illya, and that basically gives Herc almost "never runs out" stamina anyway.
God Hand is based on his body in its entirety. His body is the NP.

Someone mentioned Servants are given "as much mana as needed" which certianly sounds like not running out to me. They have their own natural energy stores- use those. It's not other verses fault that Fate is so terribly balanced that everyone can only fight for a few minutes on their own.

Why bother kicking out explicit weaknesses the characters are meant to have? If Berserker is to have Illyana's stamina-infleunce- add her to the battlefield.

@Friendly

First, her name is Illyasviel, not Illyana.

Second, Illya does not have to be on the battlefield to maintain her connection to him. The battle is explicitly between Berserker and Meliodas. Imposing arbitrary restrictions to swing the vote in Meliodas' favor is bias at its finest.

Friendlysociopath said:
It's not other verses fault that Fate is so terribly balanced that everyone can only fight for a few minutes on their own.
This amuses me.

Make it the original Hero Hercules, then see how this goes lol

I feel like once we know the AP gap, we can safely decide if this is a stomp.

Can someone pull up the AP/Dura of Meliodas and Herc from calcs?

@Dargoo

Herc is in the several hundred megaton range for deflecting a weakened Excalibur and intercepting a broken phantasm Caladbolg.

I don't know what Meliodas' rating is based on.

My mistake with God Hand.

However, the "as much as needed" is them having enough to actually function. Most of them aren't even magi or have dragon cores so them running on their own stores is basically nil. This is why Independent Action is important, as it somewhat lowers their need for mana to even stay in the world without a master to supply them, else, they burn through their own stores and disappear in a while, depending on the amount of mana they have on themselves.

There's also Lancelot who immediately died once his master kicked the bucket, cutting off his supply of mana.

Then there's Medusa who is pathetically weak without a good master to provide her with mana, which Shinji can't do, and so has to resort to Bloodfort Andromeda and running around to drain people.

Lastly, why would Illya have to be in the battle? She's an external factor, yes, but servants can't maintain themselves for very long without them. She, along with any other master worth noting, is basically a lifeline.

The only calc I found puts Mel at 139 megatons. Everything else was loops of scaling.

Yeah, he really doesn't have a way to win this.

Meliodas seems to lose in a tough fight in unsealed state then, demon or not.

However he stomps once he gets unsealed, where base is enough.

My reply was meant to indicate that a loss in a tough fight is indicator enough to be put on profiles. The emphasis was on this fight and that other incarnations of him cant be used as a substitute to make things more fair.

I can dig that. I might actually start counting votes in that case.

Back