• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He most likely can sense power levels. However, he is not the kind to belittle his opponent as much as, say, Frieza

Quite the contrary in fact. Again. Beerus likes to show the opponent how inferior he is and. If the oponent is powerful enough. He left him a shot in order to see his power. This happen, again, against that random alien in Super where Beerus toyed a LOT with him before one-shotting him and against Vegeta, after his rage boost Beerus tanked everything he had in order to see his power. Either way. It is unlikely that he is going to blitz Sans with his MFTL speed and oneshot him with a finger. He didn't even do that with Goku. Yes, he one-shot him but left him time to attack, dodge him and block his attacks.

If this were, say, bloodlusted Beerus. This wouldn't be even debatable.

Having not read all eighteen septillion messages has it been brought up that just because Sans can teleport doesn't mean he can keep up with Beerus?

Like, Captain Kirk with the Enterprise can teleport too but we wouldn't see Kirk vs. Beerus based on Kirk being MFTL+ through teleportation. I'm pretty sure Beerus would blitz, as even his casual attacks should kill Sans.

Well as brought up before, Beerus doesn't exactly blitzes, that's just not how he rolls. Sans being quite weak won't help in making Beerus go seriously.

Well I'd imagine that if Beerus actually took damage from the Karma that he'd immediately begin trying and accidentally kill Sans

Alice Liddel in WikiLand said:
Again. Beerus in character doesn't blitz. At least not at the start of the battle.

I was more saying that if the Karma hurts Beerus he might overestimate him since he'd be one of the few people to ever actually hurt him.

SaikouTouhou said:
Also Karma kills a 2-B character in seconds. If Beerus gets scraped, he dies.
Chara was in Frisk's body, and Frisk has Mountain level durability at that time as they weren't filled with immense amounts of determination. Tier is just range + destructive capacity, not an indicator of durability.

LordXcano said:
Chara was in Frisk's body, and Frisk has Mountain level durability at that time as they weren't filled with immense amounts of determination. Tier is just range + destructive capacity, not an indicator of durability.
Chara was actually filled with stupidly high amounts of Determination and KI. There's a reason they try to fight nothing and every single SAVE point just becomes "DETERMINATION" in a genocide run.

Chara was like a single level away from their max power tho. If you counts it as only Universal+, still stomps Beer Us.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
LordXcano said:
Chara was actually filled with stupidly high amounts of Determination and KI. There's a reason they try to fight nothing and every single SAVE point just becomes "DETERMINATION" in a genocide run.
That'd still require Chara's determination alone to be higher than all of the human soul's determination combined, is there anything supporting that though?

LordXcano said:
That'd still require Chara's determination alone to be higher than all of the human soul's determination combined, is there anything supporting that though?
Why would it have to be higher? I don't see why that would be the case.

Just realized that Sans would actually have to hit Beerus first in order for Karmic Retribution to take place, and I doubt that'd occur. Even looking at his fight against the dinosaur man Beerus doesn't seem to be the kind of "I'm strong lemme just tank this". He dodges everything he can, and once he realizes San's attacks are some several billion times slower than him he'll just end it after showing off for a bit.

LordXcano said:
Just realized that Sans would actually have to hit Beerus first in order for Karmic Retribution to take place, and I doubt that'd occur. Even looking at his fight against the dinosaur man Beerus doesn't seem to be the kind of "I'm strong lemme just tank this". He dodges everything he can, and once he realizes San's attacks are some several billion times slower than him he'll just end it after showing off for a bit.
Obviously, but Sans isn't going to try and hit him without teleporting a few attacks and flinging him around with Blue Mode. Sans knows when someone's much stronger than he is (which is often), meaning he's going to try everything he can right off the bat. Like I said before, it'll only take one hit for each party.

Does Sans ever actually demonstrate any attack tat Frisk/Chara can't dodge though? I'm assuming not since there are videos of 0 damage Sans fights. So I kinda doubt he can just throw you around while using Gasterblasters or teleport attacks inside of you.

LordXcano said:
Does Sans ever actually demonstrate any attack tat Frisk/Chara can't dodge though? I'm assuming not since there are videos of 0 damage Sans fights. So I kinda doubt he can just throw you around while using Gasterblasters or teleport attacks inside of you.

If you try to spare him. He kills you with an undodgable attack.

LordXcano said:
Except that's exactly the kind of stuff he does in his first and last (and spare) attacks. Frisk/Chara also got...ya know, infinite do-overs to learn literally everything Sans could and would do, and even then, they only won by beating him at his own game and cheating.

"infinite times"

Nobody ever implied that. Having an endless number of opportunities to fight someone does not mean you have to do so an endless number of times. Just that you don't have a limit. I implied that you're not supposed to beat him on your first try, which you're most likely not going to unless you're aware of the battle and how it works, beforehand. Also, as I said, he uses an unavoidable attack when you attempt to spare him, and combines Gasterblasters, tossing you around, bones, and teleportation in several attacks.

LordXcano said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kFnUCNIStRw
Not once does Sans use an unavoidable attack, every one of them is successfully dodged. There's also nothing suggesting Sans was fought infinite times, if you're really good you can beat him on the first fight.
No. You actually CAN'T beat him in your first fight. In a human possible way. There is simply no way to dodge absolutly everything. Expect absolutly everything (Like attack you while you are in menu) and react to them AND still win.

You have to die a couple of time and memorize patterns.

LordXcano said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kFnUCNIStRwNot once does Sans use an unavoidable attack, every one of them is successfully dodged. There's also nothing suggesting Sans was fought infinite times, if you're really good you can beat him on the first fight.
No. You actually CAN'T beat him in your first fight. In a human possible way. There is simply no way to dodge absolutly everything. Expect absolutly everything (Like attack you while you are in menu) and react to them AND still win.
Thats the thing though... Beerus isn't human. He's a god.. gottem

Zerzavyx98 said:
LordXcano said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kFnUCNIStRwNot once does Sans use an unavoidable attack, every one of them is successfully dodged. There's also nothing suggesting Sans was fought infinite times, if you're really good you can beat him on the first fight.
Thats the thing though... Beerus isn't human. He's a god.. gottem

What that have to do with the debate? we are talking about why. Us. The player. Can't beat Sans in the first time. I'm actually sure that even if Beerus is supossed to be MFTL we are still capable of see him fighting in Super, soo...

I think it is worth mentioning that sans can take away Beerus' flight (and thus his flight speed). also even a glancing blow from sans will instantly put Beerus on his last legs as Chara possessed Frisk was seriously damaged by sans to spite having durability comparable to that of a multiverse after only killing at max a small country. Beerus has destroyed planets. so I say this battle will be decided by these things.

1) will Beerus in character let sans go First / will sans attack preemtively

2) will Beerus know to jump or be able to jump before bones abruply come out of all of the ground at once

3) will Beerus be able to fly through a gap in countless bones that was a tight fit for someone child sized and do so without touching any of them once

4) does he have a good enough poker face that sans can't predict his attacks if he survives two and three or attacks before

Wait, is there anything stopping Beerus from just blowing up the bones? They are magic but they're obviously physical, so what's stopping Beerus from realizing "hey there's too many here" and blowing them up?

LordXcano said:
Wait, is there anything stopping Beerus from just blowing up the bones? They are magic but they're obviously physical, so what's stopping Beerus from realizing "hey there's too many here" and blowing them up?
Nothing in fact. We didn't see them being destroyed but that doesn't mean that they can't be destroyed. Must of us just agree that Beerus would eat at least a couple of them and that would be a great danger for him. But of course. If he just play smart this time...That would certanly be a problem.

Pretty much. He just needs to play it smart and realize he can't let any of them touch him. Personally, I think a bigger threat would be blue bones, as I don't think Beerus would instantly realize the solution is to stop moving.

Hey, is it even confirmed that Sans has 1 HP? I mean, he took a super-strong hit from Chara and still kept going long enough to talk for a bit, and given that most monsters didn't even get that much accomplished I'd think he wouldn't be as glass-cannony as we usually think of him as being.

"The easiest enemy, has only 1 HP"

And the thing about surviving just seems that the attack slashed him in half, so he took time to die out of his wounds, not that his body actually resisted the blow.

Just curious. I mean, it's not like the game's narration itself is entirely reliable, and one of Sans's big things is making the battle interface his personal lap dog.

Yeah but at this point, it has become obvious that the narration is an actual character, so I don't think it would be controlled by Sans.

And I don't see any reasons, other than Sans taking time to die, that would hint at sans not having a single HP.

LordXcano said:

given that chara was unable to stop or negate sans bones and that they never impact just induce an effect, physical actions are most likely ineffective, at least for Beerus

Squid peanut said:
given that chara was unable to stop or negate sans bones and that they never impact just induce an effect, physical actions are most likely ineffective, at least for Beerus
I know Undertale is very literal with its game mechanics but I think once you extrapolate literal mechanics to that level then we would also have to say that Froggit is above Sans just by doing more damage per hit and having more HP.

Well it is kinda the case. Sans being shit tier is canon, he just has Durability negation and reality warping to work it out.

SaikouTouhou said:
Well it is kinda the case. Sans being shit tier is canon, he just has Durability negation and reality warping to work it out.
I've only seen teleportation and magic from Sans. He makes bones and Gasterblasters and can teleport. What suggests he can negate durability/reality warp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back