• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyperception said:
His speed would prevent that
You're also banking on the fact that Beerus would not only immediately recognize the threat, but also realize Sans could teleport (Beerus, himself, and objects) as well as undertstand Sans' soul manipulation and blue attacks.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
It's important to remember I'm not really vouching for either side, right now. I'm just going up to anyone who thinks they know the outcome and questioning it, because in my opinion, this is an incredibly difficult battle to determine that could go either way for both parties.
I'm with Azzy here. It's true that Beerus has the power to easily crush Sans in one blow/ki blast, but Sans does at least have the reactions to counter that plus his teleportation ability.

Well my point is that Beerus would kill Sans before he could teleport, or otherwise. And yes, Sans CAN kill Beerus, it's just that the occasion won't pop up soon enough.

SaikouTouhou said:
Well my point is that Beerus would kill Sans before he could teleport, or otherwise. And yes, Sans CAN kill Beerus, it's just that the occasion won't pop up soon enough.
This is implying that Beerus would instantly walk up and kill his opponent as soon as the fight begins, which I have yet to see him do. He has more of a playful personality towards most battles. There's also the possibility that Sans could just hold Beerus in place with his soul manipulation/keep warping him back to where he started for long enough to land a single hit. Like I said, these aren't surefire victory methods, but it's far from a 100% victory for either side.

I'm with Azzy here. It's true that Beerus has the power to easily crush Sans in one blow/ki blast, but Sans does at least have the reactions to counter that plus his teleportation ability.

Wat

but the question is could beerus even land a ki blast on sans, his reaction speed and ability to predict Beerus' movements would make that very difficult, and besides that any large attacks Beerus throws could be even more easily avoided due to teleportation. sans would also be able to dictate the flow of the battle due to the large girth of his attacks, his soul manipulation to affect beerus' gravity, and his ability to instantly teleport both him and beerus over great distances repeatibly in great succession, as well as being able to attack Beerus even while sans is dodgeing or preforming other actions. and the interesting thing is is that none of this would really tire sans out, in fact the only thing that tired sans out was dodging a constent barrage of universe+ attacks and even then he was still able to keep fighting at full power. so honestly the only way that Beerus could beat sans is if he could maintain a high level of attacks for him while all the while having to dodge constant and varied attacks where he often won't be able to fly at all neer perfectly as only a few screw ups could kill him. And due to the nature of sans' attacks and ruthless offencive be unable to diflect any of his attacks or charge at all as they never stop. sorry for the long post.

Hyperception said:
I'm legit not seeing why someone who can not only judge exactly what someone's going to do just by looking at them, but also instantaneously teleport, set up attacks while teleporting, hold his opponent's soul in place, instantly warp his opponent wherever he wishes, and dodge in his sleep can't use all that to react to a single attack from Beerus, who doesn't exactly like to go all out, right away.

I'm legit not seeing why someone who can not only judge exactly what someone's going to do just by looking at them, but also instantaneously teleport, set up attacks while teleporting, hold his opponent's soul in place, instantly warp his opponent wherever he wishes, and dodge in his sleep can't use all that to react to a single attack from Beerus, who doesn't exactly like to go all out, right away.
Sans cannot teleport or react to Beerus because a casual Beerus would blitz him before he could do a thing

Please elaborate how Beerus would blitz while unknowingly having his soul stuck in place. Also, have you seen casual Beerus? He's rather prone to actually...ya know, letting his opponents do things.

Hyperception said:
Sans cannot teleport or react to Beerus because a casual Beerus would blitz him before he could do a thing
HOW?! sans doesn't even have to dodge Beerus' attack as it's coming at him, he just has to deternine if Beerus will attack (which he will undeniably do) and act acordingly and then Beerus will be pretty much F'ed

Please elaborate how Beerus would blitz while unknowingly having his soul stuck in place. Also, have you seen casual Beerus? He's rather prone to actually...ya know, letting his opponents do things.
By being,like,trillions of times faster

Also as a question, how many of Beerus' attacks require him to charge him and how much does he need to get from casual to max? (I don't follow new DB closesly sorry) . because he will not be able to do any of that since the bone zone litterally never stops.

Hyperception said:
is that in flying speed or ground speed?

Squid peanut said:
Hyperception said:
HOW?! sans doesn't even have to dodge Beerus' attack as it's coming at him, he just has to deternine if Beerus will attack (which he will undeniably do) and act acordingly and then Beerus will be pretty much F'ed
You can determine that you are about to get shot,But that would not help you react to the bullet

Hyperception said:
And that will do what exactly while he's held in place against his will? Or if Sans decides to throw up a blue bone which Beerus might unknowingly touch while not realizing he had to remain motionless? Or when Beerus lets Sans throw the first attack, which he innevitably will due to that being in his character to do so?

Squid peanut said:
Hyperception said:
is that in flying speed or ground speed?
Flying

Hyperception said:
And that will do what exactly while he's held in place against his will? Or if Sans decides to throw up a blue bone which Beerus might unknowingly touch while not realizing he had to remain motionless? Or when Beerus lets Sans throw the first attack, which he innevitably will due to that being in his character to do so?
He still tries to dodge attacks.

And how does Sans soul maipulation exactly work

Hyperception said:

As far as we know from what has been shown, it is automatic when he wishes for it to be. His opponent's soul is "turned blue", which allows Sans to either control their position, how "gravity" functions for them, fling them around like a ragdoll, etc.

Hyperception said:

As far as we know from what has been shown, it is automatic when he wishes for it to be. His opponent's soul is "turned blue", which allows Sans to either control their position, how "gravity" functions for them, fling them around like a ragdoll, etc.
ok

for the first comment. yes you can, it's a feet that is often mistaken for the other. what I'm saying though is is that sans won't have to react to Beerus' fist flying towards him, he won't have to react to Beerus winding up to punch, all he has to react to is the look on Beerus' face, that he will be punching. that requires far less speed.

and for the second comment. then it would be largly irelevant as the "blue attack" forces an opponent onto the ground

also I just want to say that I'm loving your points and involvement in this discousion. This is really fun and engaging as to how the battle could possibly go down and I just love that. also I just want to say that even if I seem to get heated, I respect your opinion and think your an awsome dude, I just feel that sans would win.

Honestly, considering the fact Sans repeatedly killed Chara, I'd say he has this. Speed or not, Sans can easily counter. One Gasterblaster caster should end this.

Man this battle has gone LONG. I don't even know who has an upper hand anymore!

I do believe Sans can win this. But Beerus has the superior firepower, and when he hits Sans at least once the results ain't pretty. I guess this really is inconclusive until Beerus gets an upgrade.

DC upgrade won't do shit tho, and Speed upgrade neither, since his massive speed adventage already.

I think the point here is weather or not we must consider Sans doging attacks as just dodging or as reality breaking.

I'm for Beerus, here.

Also, Teleportation doesn't make you MFTL+. It's instantaneous, changing where you are in a space.

I personally think Beerus has this in the bag.

We never said Sans is MFTL+ because teleportation. If he was, then it would be settled and sans would wins.

this really comes down to what beerus wants to do at the begining of the fight and if sans can read him fast enough. if Beerus lets sans have the first shot, sans wins due to insane KR, if sans can read beerus fast enough, he can aim dodge his attacks decrease his mobility and win, but if Beerus goes serious ASAP he has the stats to blitz sans

Sans being MFTL+ is actually in the page of VSbattle.

---

Frankly I thought a little and I think there is a key feature. How close do the two start?

Azathoth asked me simply 'why doesn't Sans just teleport a bone in Beerus' head' and now it hit me... most likely he can't. Remember that, as Sans says, he is using his strongest attack in the beginning. He can't pull off a better and stronger move. Also remember, Sans' attacks can still be seen and reacted to from a guy who is 'just' relativistic+. I know it's nigh impossible to kill Sans in the first try... but I doubt it's COMPLETELY impossible.

Why doesn't he just 'dunked on' Chara-possessed Frisk? From the way he acts, it seems that Sans has to outright hug him AKA being in an awful close combat. I doubt Beerus would let Sans hug him in combat. Also, Sans' stamina also plays badly against him. He seems he gets tired, unlike Beerus who... well, hasn't really so far.

Well the thing about strongest attack is probably just Game Play mechanic. Yes I know Undertale has no fourth wall but there wasn't any real explanation as to why all attacks must be dodgable.

COnsidering that Asriel subtly breaks it by making an infinite barrage of attacks, I assume they just can't because stamina and close range

Well Asriel is not the only one making a undogeable attack, but it have never been directly adressed, and it's unlikely to be actually canon. Even with how much Undertale breaks the fourth wall, there is a point where it's still a game and must have non-explained fourth wall-y thing.

That's the thing about no fourth wall: all fights must be winnable because it's a video game. But besides that, doesn't Beerus have that invisible attack? I think it'd take more than reading Beerus' face to dodge it.

Usually most are explained actually why they don't

1) Toriel and Asgore are holding back against you

2) Papyrus is the nicest guy around so he is doing his best not to harm you

3) Undyne wants a fair fight

4) Mettaton is putting up a show for his audience (sure, he claims he is going serious, but he is still an egoistical primadonna focused on ratings)

Flowey is the only character who subtly breaks the fourth wall as he tries to use undodgeable attacks but then ends up 'cockblocked'. Sans can't make undodgeable attacks because, he is not a fighter and likely he just can't. Remember Sans' whole boss fight is unfair on purpose

Sans can make undodgeable attacks, but he can't do it on the fly. He needs his opponent's guard to be down so he can set up on them.

I wrote about the 'getting dunked on'. From the way he talks and acts, he seems he is outright hugging Chara to dunk him.

But I don't think Beerus would be THAT careless.

Btw, you know, the MFTL+ speed for Sans... I think it should disappear. Teleportation is technically not a speed feat

I don't think he's hugging him. I think he's offering them to come in for a hug and then attacking when their guard is completely down.

Not saying he would. Saying he can do an unavoidable attack, but his opponent's guard needs to be completely down for a few seconds so he can set it up.

Teleportation usually isn't a speed, but I consider teleportation that can be activated immediately in battle (especially a form of teleportation in which the character can act while teleporting) to be something used in conjuction with speed. Regardless, it might actually be more something "instantaneous" than MFTL+ speed.

Beerus is no idiot. But he's also one cocky guy. Sans with OP scenario has a shot. Beerus is not the type of guy that takes things seriously the fist time. So Sans would certanly be able to come up with something to get him hit at least one.

After all. Beerus is probably going to walk of and if Sans attack him straight out he would probably just tank it in order to prove that he is superior. That's he's way to do things in a random encounter. In one of the first episodes of Super he fight with a random alien and left him transform, attack him, ect. The thing is. One Gasterblaster. Karmic Retribution and Beerus would probably be struggling in pain. Let's not even talk about if Sans gets to dunk him once. If Beerus tries to tank Sans' attack (Which, let's be honest. He would) Sans would probably come out with the majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back