• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Be My Rimworld Pawns Season 2

Yes, Arceus, the latter is in fact the typical meaning of shotgun marriage.

Yes, Arceus, the latter is in fact the typical meaning of shotgun marriage.

"A shotgun wedding is a wedding arranged in response to pregnancy resulting from premarital sex. The phrase is a primarily U.S. colloquialism, termed as such based on a stereotypical scenario in which the father of the pregnant bride-to-be threatens the reluctant groom with a shotgun in order to ensure that he follows through with the wedding."

Uhhhh not quite

It's close enough and also I've heard it mentioned frequently in regards to weddings that just happen really fast.

It's close enough and also I've heard it mentioned frequently in regards to weddings that just happen really fast.
Ik but the official definition is definitely different. Just because some people use it differently doesn't make it the main meaning. Wouldn't say it's close enough.

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara was the worst wounded when the spawn of Cthulhu attacked, but it was not by them- rather, @Rakih_Elyan accidentally shot her in the rib with his flintlock.
Bambu, Monk are supposed to be a melee fighter.

What abilities does I have lol.

• The mouse woman began following @Rakih_Elyan and insulting him so he hit her on the head and she stopped.
  • We're building a medieval inn (I have other ideas for large-scale structures and projects). If anyone has a name suggestion, lemme hear it.
  • Hail works like a ******* airstrike in this game, it comes down so fast and in a straight line. Our poor dog Strick was concussed by a stray.
  • A meteor landed and crushed a turkey under it. Not our turkey, just a turkey.

Bambu, Monk are supposed to be a melee fighter.

What abilities does I have lol.
You do have melee abilities, but your pawn started with higher ranged and it's a more needed skillset. I also think you might be bugged?

So, mechanics time, for those interested. A Rimworld of Magic works by adding a trait to people that gives them access to a class. I didn't know it but you're meant to work towards crafting/buying these powerful books that give you access to a class, although from what I can tell you can also randomly spawn with one (like Armor getting Woodsman and NPC invaders sometimes having a class). What I think happened with you, Rakih, is you spawned with a class- another class aside from Monk, and now the game is confused because you don't have that class anymore, but it's trying to show me those skills still (and doesn't seem to consistently show Monk stuff, like your access to meditation and stuff is finicky as hell).

I think I know what I can do to fix it (specifically for your pawn, not in general), but it'd be a pain in the ass. But given that you're mentioning that you really want to be a melee guy, and I am merely the conduit of your wishes in terms of this game, I think I'll do it now- next post will be about that.

Fully intend for it to double as our brewery, yeah. We need more chemical recreational outlets, right now we just have ******* tea.

The mouse woman began following @Rakih_Elyan and insulting him so he hit her on the head and she stopped.
It works lol.

You do have melee abilities, but your pawn started with higher ranged and it's a more needed skillset. I also think you might be bugged?

So, mechanics time, for those interested. A Rimworld of Magic works by adding a trait to people that gives them access to a class. I didn't know it but you're meant to work towards crafting/buying these powerful books that give you access to a class, although from what I can tell you can also randomly spawn with one (like Armor getting Woodsman and NPC invaders sometimes having a class). What I think happened with you, Rakih, is you spawned with a class- another class aside from Monk, and now the game is confused because you don't have that class anymore, but it's trying to show me those skills still (and doesn't seem to consistently show Monk stuff, like your access to meditation and stuff is finicky as hell).

I think I know what I can do to fix it (specifically for your pawn, not in general), but it'd be a pain in the ass. But given that you're mentioning that you really want to be a melee guy, and I am merely the conduit of your wishes in terms of this game, I think I'll do it now- next post will be about that.
I see, thanks for the problem being solved.

• I have finally figured out why everyone is constantly throwing up. Two of @PsychoWarper's undead have a trait called "Repulsive" that makes people apparently in every sense literally sick by interacting with them. I've been trying to figure this out for HOURS.
  • @Crabwhale socked the mouse woman in the head and knocked her out in a single hit. She has the fragile trait, so it's actually sorta nice that it's her trying to start all these fights, since it normally only takes one hit to put her back in her place.
  • @Arceus0x and Psycho killed a REAL Star-Spawn of Cthulhu, which was about 4x our size and had super yoked resistance to everything except heat damage. I had the melee fighters present and lined up but honestly I don't think we could have killed that guy without the blazing power staff and death bolt. Spooky fight for sure.
  • I have fixed @Rakih_Elyan by saving his pawn and remaking him over and over again and adjusting things. He has everything he had before, minus Bladedancer- the requested trait was in fact a class causing his monk stuff to go haywire.
The Broken Drum
'cause it can't be beat! That's a good one, but I think I name too many things that.

@Arceus0x and Psycho killed a REAL Star-Spawn of Cthulhu, which was about 4x our size and had super yoked resistance to everything except heat damage. I had the melee fighters present and lined up but honestly I don't think we could have killed that guy without the blazing power staff and death bolt. Spooky fight for sure.

• I have finally figured out why everyone is constantly throwing up. Two of @PsychoWarper's undead have a trait called "Repulsive" that makes people apparently in every sense literally sick by interacting with them. I've been trying to figure this out for HOURS.
Lol, lmao even.
  • @Arceus0x and Psycho killed a REAL Star-Spawn of Cthulhu, which was about 4x our size and had super yoked resistance to everything except heat damage. I had the melee fighters present and lined up but honestly I don't think we could have killed that guy without the blazing power staff and death bolt. Spooky fight for sure.
Murdering Cthulhu is always fun, the real question is did I raise him as an undead slave?

Is my ass still on life support? Or I’m just chillin’ rn?
Chilling, although

• @GreyFang82, @PsychoWarper, @Tllmbrg and @Rakih_Elyan were sent with some of the undead to explore a dungeon. Seems like a finicky process but this has yielded us an 8-C feat, as the boss of the dungeon was none other than a full-on Diabolus, equal to the higher-up mechs used by Drite in the last one. We lost one of Psycho's skeleton minions in the process but, frankly, that's what they were there for.
  • @Nierre had a kid, his name is Ozymandias, King of Kings.
  • A nudist philosopher named Lil E crashed from space on our lawn. He has bright pink hair and is considered a scholar. This man is clearly destined to become a mayor of a major city in California, so we will house him until he is ready to leave.
  • Rakih's downtime is now dedicated to child-herding, because it is one of the few tasks he can actually be assigned. It builds his social skill too.
  • @Epiccheev looks nice as hell, that is all. He's working hard at crafting armor mostly, not much to report, just dripped out.
  • All of the less-combat oriented pawns insist on taking all of the best armor. It's infuriating.
  • A large sinkhole just opened in the middle of our fields, with horrible voices within demanding a sacrifice. While we... do have a baby just... itching to be sacrificed... instead, we will fight this horror. My pawn began to fill in the sinkhole and a massive, tunneling creature emerged to devour me- @PsychoWarper and @Crabwhale dealt with it, the creature ultimately falling when Psycho drained it of its life-essence for more mana. I wasn't sure how great the threat was (our attacks seemed to do very little to it) so all available hands were added to the fray- @GreyFang82 @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara @Armorchompy @Epiccheev @Nierre @Tllmbrg and @Rakih_Elyan all contributed to the battle for our farm fields. All of the feats so far are 8-C- was hoping that this thing would yield a higher value, since it seems to be really ******* large, but we have no page for it and I'm not familiar enough.
  • We have given @Tllmbrg very primitive grenades.
  • @Armorchompy suggested we have a feast when food is low. I have taken this as an act of treason and will punish him accordingly, perhaps by making a vomit-box for him to live in. We will see.
  • Construction of the inn is nearly complete. I like The Pie-Eyed Boar, suggested by Arceus, so we'll go with that. Nice and neutral, no references involved.
  • @PsychoWarper has managed to reduce his speed to a crawling 0.15 c/s, which is 0.225 m/s for those not paying attention. His ass CANNOT wear full plate armor. I need to set up an outfit design just for him to keep him out of anything that makes him even slower.

What's the loot?
@Nierre had a kid, his name is Ozymandias, King of Kings.
maxresdefault.jpg

While we... do have a baby just... itching to be sacrificed...

From the dungeon? Not much. It's not that it was poor- but I was itching for more. All in all, it had about 250 gold, a bunch of high value pelts, and exactly 17 queen bees (these are actually fairly valuable, something like 200 silver each).

Chilling, although

• @GreyFang82, @PsychoWarper, @Tllmbrg and @Rakih_Elyan were sent with some of the undead to explore a dungeon. Seems like a finicky process but this has yielded us an 8-C feat, as the boss of the dungeon was none other than a full-on Diabolus, equal to the higher-up mechs used by Drite in the last one. We lost one of Psycho's skeleton minions in the process but, frankly, that's what they were there for.
  • @Nierre had a kid, his name is Ozymandias, King of Kings.
  • A nudist philosopher named Lil E crashed from space on our lawn. He has bright pink hair and is considered a scholar. This man is clearly destined to become a mayor of a major city in California, so we will house him until he is ready to leave.
  • Rakih's downtime is now dedicated to child-herding, because it is one of the few tasks he can actually be assigned. It builds his social skill too.
  • @Epiccheev looks nice as hell, that is all. He's working hard at crafting armor mostly, not much to report, just dripped out.
  • All of the less-combat oriented pawns insist on taking all of the best armor. It's infuriating.
  • A large sinkhole just opened in the middle of our fields, with horrible voices within demanding a sacrifice. While we... do have a baby just... itching to be sacrificed... instead, we will fight this horror. My pawn began to fill in the sinkhole and a massive, tunneling creature emerged to devour me- @PsychoWarper and @Crabwhale dealt with it, the creature ultimately falling when Psycho drained it of its life-essence for more mana. I wasn't sure how great the threat was (our attacks seemed to do very little to it) so all available hands were added to the fray- @GreyFang82 @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara @Armorchompy @Epiccheev @Nierre @Tllmbrg and @Rakih_Elyan all contributed to the battle for our farm fields. All of the feats so far are 8-C- was hoping that this thing would yield a higher value, since it seems to be really ******* large, but we have no page for it and I'm not familiar enough.
  • We have given @Tllmbrg very primitive grenades.
  • @Armorchompy suggested we have a feast when food is low. I have taken this as an act of treason and will punish him accordingly, perhaps by making a vomit-box for him to live in. We will see.
  • Construction of the inn is nearly complete. I like The Pie-Eyed Boar, suggested by Arceus, so we'll go with that. Nice and neutral, no references involved.
  • @PsychoWarper has managed to reduce his speed to a crawling 0.15 c/s, which is 0.225 m/s for those not paying attention. His ass CANNOT wear full plate armor. I need to set up an outfit design just for him to keep him out of anything that makes him even slower.
And while this going on, rimworld me is getting murdered.

• Wasp (I choose to believe it is THE Wasp) has caused an international conflict and wants one of us to come mediate a peace treaty. I don't know whether I'll go, but if I do, it should probably be @GreyFang82 who handles it, if only because his social skill is the highest (followed by myself and then @Rakih_Elyan)
  • @Nierre had a child and is instantly pregnant again. Our colony cannot survive this. You Bastards.
  • We have acquired a diprotodon, which is essentially a wombat the size of a rhino. We use it like a horse and I have named it Artax (watch The Neverending Story btw, good movie, happy times)
  • @PsychoWarper threatened the life of one of his skeletal minions, which doesn't seem like a very nice thing to do.
  • A paraceratherium is the largest creature in the game. One self-tamed, which means it willingly joined our colony. Logically, we slaughtered it for the overwhelming amount of meat it will produce.
  • I've found a method of freezing food for long-term storage, we will not starve!
  • Decided that when (not if, for it is inevitable- there have been more close-calls than I will admit to this thread) one of us dies, we will raise him/her as an undead by Psycho. Unless it is Psycho who dies, in which case... bugger.

• A paraceratherium is the largest creature in the game. One self-tamed, which means it willingly joined our colony. Logically, we slaughtered it for the overwhelming amount of meat it will produce.
"waah waaah we can't make a feast we can't get enough food"
proceeds to get literal tens of metric tons of food

"waah waaah we can't make a feast we can't get enough food"
proceeds to get literal tens of metric tons of food
If this one is scientifically accurate then he's actually not that big. Irl they were 3m tall sloths. We could've used the guy to dig tunnels since irl they would dig out giant caves

If this one is scientifically accurate then he's actually not that big. Irl they were 3m tall sloths. We could've used the guy to dig tunnels since irl they would dig out giant caves
You're thinking of Megatherium.

Paraceratherium is this ******* thing:
SameerIndricotherium-56a2544f5f9b58b7d0c91bc0.jpg

Damn that’s crazy we’re all gonna starve because mfs can’t keep it in their pants till after winter.

Smh

Edit: Bambu we might need to get me spec’d into chronomancy for the food grown ability.

Back