• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta Speed Upgrades

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Bayonetta Catches a Satellite

Ok, so in this video, Father Balder uses his telekinesis to pull a satellite down from orbit. It takes 6 seconds (From 7:11 to 7:17) for the satellite to reach Bayonetta from its position in orbit. Satellites orbit the Earth at an altitude of about 35786 km, or 35786000 meters.

35786000 / 6 = 5964333.33333m/s

5964333.33333 / 343 = Mach 17388

About 2% the Speed of Light

Cannot be Used, Cinematic Timing

Queen Sheba Punches Jubileus to the Su

In this video, Queen Sheba punches Jubileus to the sun...from beyond Pluto. Since we don't have an exact distance, we'll just use Pluto as a distance marker. Pluto is about 5,906,292,480 km, or 5,906,292,480,000 meters, from the sun. It takes about 67 seconds to go from Pluto (3:08) to the Sun (4:15).

5906292480000 / 67 = 88153619104.5 m/s

88153619104.5 / 343 = Mach 257007635.873

294 x the Speed of Light

Does Not Scale to Anyone

Jubileus' Approximate Size and Speed

The human iris is about 12 mm in diameter. Bayonetta is about 6 feet tall and can fit in her iris with room to spare, so Jubileus' iris is about 10 feet in diameter.

10 ft = 3048 mm / 12 = 254 x the size of Bayonetta

6 x 254 = 1524 ft = 464.5152 meters

Jubileus is about as tall as Queen Sheba's middle Proximal Phalange (The third bone of the middle finger). The average length of this bone is 1.5 inches, or 38.1 mm.

464.5152 meters = 464515.2 mm / 38.1 = 12192 x the size of Jubileus

464.5152 x 12192 = 5663369.3184 meters

5663369.3184 / 2.998e+8 = .0188, Just below 2% SoL

Jubileus' Body Travels to and Destroys Earth

Note: This may be cinematic timing

In this video Bayonetta and Jeanne keep up with Jubileus' body as it is speeding towards Earth. Her body is continually moving from 4:24 to 6:01 (minus the 10 second flashback), and (Although it doesn't happen in the video) after failing the 1:20 minute fight scene Jubileus' body destroys Earth.

Assuming it took 156 seconds for Jubileus' body to reach Earth from Pluto.

7500000000000 m / 156 s = 48076923076.9 m/s / 2.998e+8 m/s = 160c.

However, it's possible she was much closer to Earth, so let's use the Asteroid Belt as a scale, just to be safe. The distance from the Asteroid Belt to Earth is 276712824.277 meters.

276712824.277 / 2.998e+8 = approx. 92% SoL

Jubileus Returns to Pluto After Crashing into Mercury

So after Sheba punches Jubileus towards the sun, if she crashes into any planet she is able to recover within a few seconds and return to Bayonetta's position beyond Pluto in a relatively short amount of time. The furthest planet she collide with and recover is Mercury. The distance between Mercury and Pluto is 5848388282880 meters, so let's use a few possible timeframes.

5 minutes = 300 seconds, 5848388282880 / 300 = 19494627609.6 m/s / 2.998e+8 = 65c

10 minutes = 600 seconds, 5848388282880 / 600 = 9747313804.8 m/s / 2.998e+8 = 32c

20 minutes = 1200 seconds, 5848388282880 / 1200 = 4873656902.4 m/s / 2.998e+8 = 16c

30 minutes = 1800 seconds, 5848388282880 / 1800 = 3249104601.6 m/s / 2.998e+8 = 10c

60 minutes = 3600 seconds, 5848388282880 / 3600 = 1624552300.8 m/s / 2.998e+8 = 5 c

So even though it is likely one of the shorter timeframes, if we assume it took her an entire hour to return to her former position beyond Pluto, she is still FTL.

I'm not a good calcer by any means, but this looks pretty legit for combat speed from my perspective. Maybe not Travel Speed (she isn't exactly moving anywhere).

Well, for one thing she didn't really do any movement, except kinda turning around in a cut. So unsure if that should even be combat speed.

Second there is cinematic time involved here, in a bad way (cuts involved and seemingly slow moving object)

Third objects like that falling would likely slow down through air resistance, so it could very well be slower at the impact then it was on average.

So presumebly by your calculations, Bayonetta's feat of catching a satelitte is Sub-Relativisitc and would make just about everyone in the verse scalable to it, eh?

Pretty much, i'm honsetly supprised that i missed this when i redid Bayonetta's profile.

Hmm. So far, Reppuzan seems to agree. DT is just....dik since his comment sort of confused me as to what he is refering to.

For me? Mmm don't know atm...

"I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I was super lazy.

Bayo has a pretty blatant FTL feat in the first game. After Jubileus is knocked into the sun, he comes out and his corpse is flying toward the Earth. It can get there in 1 minute and 20 seconds. Bayo kept up with it as it was flying toward the earth, so FTL Bayo.

And lastly, one of the smallest pieces of Jubileus is enough to knock the earth into relativistic speeds. Bayo destroys the whole body. So small star level for Bayo's DC in base form.

Any comments? "

Posting this here because I'm a moron XP

Though Bayo in base form isn't FTL, but with the Left Eye she is and she would actually be MFTL. Not sure about the small star part though, i'll have to take a look at it.

But not her base form, at least not for the first game. Also, would you happen to have a calc for the small star portion (Which would also be for her with the Left Eye)?

Nah, sorry. I had a friend rough calc it for me a long time ago, but he's long since quit Vs Debating, and I'd rather not ask him about it.

Well then I could try to calc it. What feat was it exactly? Do you have a video I can use?

It's during when Bayonetta destroys the pieces of Jubileus. If she doesn't destroy them in time, you get the cutscene. Unfortunately, there's no playthroughs where anyone sucks enough to lose XD

Alright well i'll replay that part tomorrow and see what i can find. Other than that you agree with the speed upgrades?

But you're talking about the phsyical part of Jubileus right? Not the part that hit the sun?

I mean, the first feat would make sense (at least in my eyes) since it's similar to the feat Bayo is currently scaled to (Loptr pulling a meteorite out of the sky and throwing it at her).

I also feel that the second feat is acceptable since it was one continuous scene with no camera cuts, meaning no "cinematic time" as DontTalk mentioned.

Of course, I haven't been on this site for that long, so take my word with a grain of salt.

The second feat is fine calculation wise, however note that the speed someone gets punched to doesn't equal any speed for the character.

Basically neither the character doing the punching nor the character punched to that speed have to be that fast in combat or travel or reactions.

Currently she is MHS+, mach 5583, but if this is accepted Bayonetta would be just below 2% the speed of light and Sheba would be 294 times faster than the speed of light.

I agree with DontTalk actually, we don't see the timeframe for the satellite one (cinematic) and the second one isn't a speed feat at all (in terms of character speed).

The other feat you are describing, in which she keeps up with someone flying away FTL, may be good and I would like to see some proof for that one added/a calc if it exists.

Ok, now that i look at the first feat i can see it being cinematic timing. But for the second one, if Jubileus was launched at MFTL speeds wouldn't that mean she was punched at that speed? They were in space after all, so there would be no air resistance to slow her.

Probably not. Fiction tends to make a massive distinction between punching power and speed, especially for attacks above lightspeed (which should be physically impossible). They are generally gauged separately.

What about the fact that she can collide with Mercury, recover in seconds, and return to Bayonetta's position past Pluto in a few minutes?

That should probably be more reliable, but it would still need a calculation.

Do you have a link for that one? If that's true and you assume a timespan of 10 minutes, she would be about 42,000c

I'll try to find an exact timeframe, but even if we assume it takes 10 minutes that would be 32xSoL. Heck even if we assume 30 minutes that's still 10xSoL.

I'm also trying to calc the other feat HomestuckLover brought up, about keeping up with Jubileus' body as it was launched towards Earth.

We should probably get this other speed feat calculated, then, if the first two aren't going to be accepted. Given Bayonetta can keep pace with Jubileus, should be a fairly easy thing to scale.

Hmm, I can't seem to find a stated time frame, but I think 10 minutes is a pretty safe estimate. Unless we use the time it takes for her to get to Mercury as the time it takes for her to get back...?

Ok, so I calced the feat brought up by HL. Jubileus' body reached Earth in about 28.8 minutes (1730 seconds). Again I'll use Pluto as a distance marker, so that's about 7.5 billion kilometers (7500000000000 meters). 7500000000000 / 1730 = 4335260115.61 / 2.998e+8 = approx. 14xSoL.

Still, are you sure Sheba punching Jubileus wouldn't be useable? Jubileus was stationary just before the punch, and it was only after the punch that she was moving that fast.

I don't see too much issue with it: you can't simply punch someone and make them fly away at FTL speeds with sufficient force, that ain't how that works, which as far as I can tell can only mean that Sheba must've thrown the punch at those speeds in order to push Jubileus away at those speeds, but my opinion is but one. If the majority will not accept it, then that's just not going to fly.

Didnt Jeanne intercept Aesir who got drop kicked by Omne? A being who is like much stronger than Sheba?

With that logic we can assume Jeanne managed to see Aesir fly towards her at MFTL speed and catch him with her summon.

idk though your call.

Back