• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayo3-Site.jpg

Introduction​

This thread is a continuation of here, where it was agreed upon that the World of Chaos, and its neighboring universes, are 2-A structures. This thread will discuss the characters that scale to the cosmology upgrade, along with some other topics.

Disclaimer​

I will be using the word Countless to describe certain things, only to keep it consistent with the wording used in some scans. However it’s already been accepted that there are infinite universes, so we are all on the same page.

The Scaling​

To begin, the main premise of Bayonetta 3 is that the World of Chaos has been split into Countless parallel worlds. The main villain Singularity is going around destroying these infinite universes one by one, absorbing their power into his. Eventually granting him enough strength to wipe out the entire Trinity of Realities.

By the end of the game Singularity has accomplished this —- destroying all alternate universes, and fully integrating with their Multiverses Chaos Energy. Making Singularity 2-A as a result.

Scaling Chain​

Bayonetta 3 Cereza fought against all of Singularities evolutions, and was capable of putting him down in multiple instances. Along with her, the other Bayonettas were also able to harm Singularity Balance to an extent. With Bayonetta and Jeanne giving him a thorough beat-down at the very end. Jeanne for certain should scale to 2-A due to putting up a good fight against Balance, and she is also considered to be Bayonettas equal.

Later into the battle, Bayonetta 1 & 2 respectively are able to fight against, and damage Singularity Definition. Growing stronger after losing their prior fight against him. Luka is also able to fight against Singularity Defintion, and was integral to his defeat. All of the mentioned characters should scale.

Viola can not only take hits from this Singularity, but also fights against Dark Eve, who is an amalgamations of the evil in Bayos across the infinite multiverse. Due to this I’m fine with scaling Viola to 2-A, but can settle with a likely.

Other Gods

Thanks to the new information presented in 3, it gives us more context to Aesirs scan. The possibilities he observed, although said to be “multiple” in the Japanese translation, is more consistent with the “Infinite” English Localization. Due to this Aesir should scale to 2-A, along with every other God in the Trinity. This includes Jubileus, Sheba, Omne, and Rodin. Jubileus is capable of merging the entirety Trinity, and Rodin scales from her. Sheba and Omne are also considered equal to Aesir.

Profile Justifications​

CharacterTier
Bayonetta2-A (Fought all of Singularity’s forms after he merged with the entire World of Chaos.)
Singularity2-A (Became one with all the Chaotic energy of the World of Chaos, and is said to be capable of destroying the entire Trinity with a snap.)
Jeanne2-A (Was instrumental to the defeat of Singularity Balance, who had merged with all the Chaotic energy in the Multiverse. Is said to be Bayonettas equal.)
Luka2-A (Helped defeat a weakened Singularity Definition, who merged with all the Chaotic energy in the Multiverse.)
Viola2-A (Can take hits from Singularity Definition, who can destroy the Trinity with a snap. Defeated Dark Eve, who is an amalgamation of Bayonettas evil across the multiverse.)

I gave justifications for the main cast of 3, as the others won’t differ much.

Last edited:
Hold on, I got lost for a moment.

There are countless parallel worlds, and then someone destroys infinite universes.

How is it possible that a person can destroy infinite universes if the universe only has countless from the beginning?

Hold on, I got lost for a moment.

There are countless parallel worlds, and then someone destroys infinite universes.

How is it possible that a person can destroy infinite universes if the universe only has countless from the beginning?

Disclaimer

I will be using the word Countless to describe certain things, only to keep it consistent with the wording used in some scans. However it’s already been accepted that there are infinite universes, so we are all on the same page.

Okay good, i was going to retype it since I made some mistakes. But they use the word countless in some of the scans, but the interpretation is to be infinite. I used countless as well to not confuse, which is why I made the disclaimer. But there’s an infinite amount of universes.

Well....

I have read the cosmology explanation blog and the upgrade thread which may have been accepted. They use the word "countless (無数)", to describe the universe there is infinite, even though in Japanese words there is already a word for infinite (無限) itself. Which is kind of weird honestly.

Anyway on the blog, I didn't find any evidence that the size of the realm there is infinite, there is only an explanation that “Paradiso is thousands of times larger than the Human World”, and the assumption that each realm there is infinite in size is a bit vague in my opinion, but oh that's okay, for for the sake of argument, let's say that if the size there is infinite, it still won't give them a 2-A rating, whether the size is infinite or not, it doesn't matter.

To qualify for 2-A is to have an infinite amount of space time continuum, not on its size actually. Unless the wiki tiering system has changed.

Well....

I have read the cosmology explanation blog and the upgrade thread which may have been accepted. They use the word "countless (無数)", to describe the universe there is infinite, even though in Japanese words there is already a word for infinite (無限) itself. Which is kind of weird honestly.

Anyway on the blog, I didn't find any evidence that the size of the realm there is infinite, there is only an explanation that “Paradiso is thousands of times larger than the Human World”, and the assumption that each realm there is infinite in size is a bit vague in my opinion, but oh that's okay, for for the sake of argument, let's say that if the size there is infinite, it still won't give them a 2-A rating, whether the size is infinite or not, it doesn't matter.

To qualify for 2-A is to have an infinite amount of space time continuum, not on its size actually. Unless the wiki tiering system has changed.
This scan tells us that time reflects infinitely, and is shown when reference alternate timelines. The interpretation being that there are an infinite amount of alternate timelines that reflecting one another, which fulfills the condition of 2-A, and it uses the kanji for infinity.

Agree with scaling to 2-A but I think the justifications are a little off.

Luka’s justification I think should acknowledge that it’s a weakened singularity definition, but can also just be downscaled from bayo as he could somewhat hold his own in their chapter 2 showdown. Also, Bayo’s doesn’t really need to mention phenomenal affirmation as it’s something singularity does by default.

I also think that second key Viola should just straight up scale to 2-A since she scales above Luka and I’m pretty sure she destroyed a singularity duplicate as well as pierced him straight through the abdomen.

This scan tells us that time reflects infinitely, and is shown when reference alternate timelines. The interpretation being that there are an infinite amount of alternate timelines that reflecting one another, which fulfills the condition of 2-A, and it uses the kanji for infinity.
Mind sending more proof or context that infinitely there refers to the number of universes and not to the time itself? even in 1 timeline (universe), the time might as well be infinite.
If your size is as big as a multiverse, you scale. A realm or any object or character for that matter can be as big as it wants and it would scale accordingly.
Having Infinite size ≠ Having infinite amount of space time. You can be big like the multiverse, but that won't give you a 2-A rating.

Last edited:
Having Infinite size ≠ Having infinite amount of space time. You can be big like the multiverse, but that won't give you a 2-A rating.
Then you are wrong.
Size is main measuring stick we use to scale cosmologies, for Tier 2 number of universes are just method of obtaining that. Since we don't know distance between universes you cannot get a scale of size.
While a Multiverse is a set of universes, Multiverse by itself is singular entity and is measured in size by amount of universes it has, hence it's rating.

For example, look at all the Tier 1 cosmologies, Most of the stuff is rated the way it is because some individual structure is as Aleph times bigger than a 4D structure, uncaring of whether it is empty or not inside.

So I don't see why Tier 2 is not allowed to use same logic.

I can give you quite a lot of example which are Tier 2 because they are big enough to contain multiverses inside it.

Yggdrasil for GoW is 2C, because it is bigger than 9 low2C realms, so big infact that it transcneds space and time, making it unquantifiably above 4D.

Demon World in DMC is Infinitely large 9D realm.

Blazblue has Boundry being low1C for containing and transcending the 2A multiverse inside it.

The list goes on.

Agree with scaling to 2-A but I think the justifications are a little off.

Luka’s justification I think should acknowledge that it’s a weakened singularity definition, but can also just be downscaled from bayo as he could somewhat hold his own in their chapter 2 showdown. Also, Bayo’s doesn’t really need to mention phenomenal affirmation as it’s something singularity does by default.

I also think that second key Viola should just straight up scale to 2-A since she scales above Luka and I’m pretty sure she destroyed a singularity duplicate as well as pierced him straight through the abdomen.
I’ve altered the justifications accordingly

Mind sending more proof or context that infinitely there refers to the number of universes and not to the time itself? even in 1 timeline (universe), the time might as well be infinite.
Context of the series. The game is about is the Multiverse and it’s alternate timelines, and how one change can create a new diverging path. A mention of time reflecting infinitely, would most definitely be referencing how these timelines reflect one another. Proven further in Bayonetta 3, when we’re shown that Bayonettas 1 & 2 are different people, despite their timelines being basically the same. The events across timelines reflect one another, infinitely.

Last edited:
For example, look at all the Tier 1 cosmologies, Most of the stuff is rated the way it is because some individual structure is as Aleph times bigger than a 4D structure, uncaring of whether it is empty or not inside.

So I don't see why Tier 2 is not allowed to use same logic.
Aleph number are different story, they have their own reasons and are much better than infinite (something like that ig) if we compare in size comparison. Aleph number itself described as uncountable infinite (aleph-1 and so on) is bigger and very different from infinite, even if applied to the amount of universe, that should grant it Low 1-C (5D) as far as I know. So I don't see that logic is relevant here.

I will not discuss or touch other verses, due to my lack of knowledge about cosmology and what the context is like. Pardon me.

Context of the series. The game is about is the Multiverse and it’s alternate timelines, and how one change can create a new diverging path. A mention of time reflecting infinitely, wouldnt most definitely be referencing how these timelines reflect one another. Proven further in Bayonetta 3, when we’re shown that Bayonettas 1 & 2 are different people, despite their timelines being basically the same. The events across timelines reflect one another, infinitely.
If the context is like that, then I have no obligation to disagree with the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back