• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
They cant even ressurect themselves on their own since their soul while in inferno is always incapacitated unless the soul comes in contact with the umbran watch.

Bayonetta being able to casually lift the Sands of Time & world the Climax Brace would give her Universal/Galaxy-Level lifting strength right?
Yes it would, I was going to add that later on. It scales to other witches like Jeanne too

Bout to got to bed but long story short, as long as the Umbra Watch remains intact and in contact with the witch’s soul they can resurrect themselves. Rodin explains this in the prologue of the sequel.
That has a time limit, and wouldn’t classify as low godly either. Not to mention you’d have to bring the watch to their soul in order for it to work anyways

Wait no. In regards to the healing factor, I was referring to the time Bayonetta tanked 3 blasts from Prophet Loptr. Her demons get one-shot by these same energy beams to the point that they’ve atomized & turned to dust.

As for the self resurrection, when Bayonetta dies in gameplay, you go to the dark room to choose whether or not to continue. Yes, and the Umbra Elder sat “The shadow remains cast.” And Bayo is resurrected. No and she’s dragged to Hell. Jeanne was only dragged to Inferno because her soul was separated from her body & Umbra Watch, and the Trinity’s balance was messed up.

Do they count gameplay mechanics for self resurrection? I don’t think they do, since a lot of games offer stuff like that.

Wait no. In regards to the healing factor, I was referring to the time Bayonetta tanked 3 blasts from Prophet Loptr. Her demons get one-shot by these same energy beams to the point that they’ve atomized & turned to dust.
We’d have to get better feats for this. Since that can just be regarded as her demons not being strong enough durability wise.

Game over screens are usually just gameplay mechanics unless made very specifically clear that its canon resurrection.

That's just durability. No evidence of low godly regen here.
The whole bleeding Flower Petals mechanic is actually an instant healing factor that repairs the damage as it happens.
Bayo already has mid regen. This isn't evidence of low godly.
As for the self resurrection, when Bayonetta dies in gameplay, you go to the dark room to choose whether or not to continue. Yes, and the Umbra Elder sat “The shadow remains cast.” And Bayo is resurrected. No and she’s dragged to Hell. Jeanne was only dragged to Inferno because her soul was separated from her body & Umbra Watch, and the Trinity’s balance was messed up.
All evidence points to the gameover screen being gameplay mechanics. Jeanne being dragged to inferno is because of the trinity being off balance? Where did you get this from? It's stated multiple times by Rodin and others that a witch gets dragged to hell as soon as they die.

I'm just saying if Jeanne's MFTL+ feat gets calced and approved that would upgrade a majority of the notable cast.

I get that, but the scaling we have set in place kinda does as well. I’m assuming you’re talking about angels and infernal demons?

Current verse tier scaling ties in with speed. Its not me personally that has a problem, its just the wiki as a whole that's had many problems in the past with the scaling thats being proposed which I'll elaborate more on tonight.

Previous issues with very similar scaling charts to the one being proposed atm have resulted in at least 3 upgrades for bayo being shot down and even a bayo downgrade for her base Bayo 2 key just a few months ago.

Sorry for the delay, I got more caught up in my work than I originally expected I'm typing it out right now.

Yes it would, I was going to add that later on. It scales to other witches like Jeanne too

That has a time limit, and wouldn’t classify as low godly either. Not to mention you’d have to bring the watch to their soul in order for it to work anyways
Honestly whether it has a time limit or not is irrelevant, no disrespect, plus like I said, as long as the watch is in contact with the soul resurrection is possible. Also I was referring to the Bleeding Flower Petals mechanic when I said low godly. I see I was wrong then I meant High. 🤗

Rodin did say dead witches get dragged to Hell. But he also said...

•”You’re only really dead once your soul’s been completely absorbed into another realm of the trinity.” Which takes roughly 24 hours.

•”The heart of an Umbra Witch. The magic that’s kept your kind alive in this world for eternities.

•”Should keep her body in this world stable but you’re gonna have to unite this with her soul, if you gon try and bring her back.”

Basically, as long as Bayo or Jeanne can return to their bodies or grab their watches after soul snatching, they’ll be fine. The question is can they do that? The answer...yes.

In 4 words; (Out-of-Body-Experience) from B1.

You're mistaken. They need the body intact AND the Umbran Watch. They need the watch to wake up as a soul, and they need a body intact to return to. This doesn't qualify for any type of regen. All this qualifies for is a non-combat applicable immortality type 8

Rodin did say dead witches get dragged to Hell. But he also said...

•”You’re only really dead once your soul’s been completely absorbed into another realm of the trinity.” Which takes roughly 24 hours.

•”The heart of an Umbra Witch. The magic that’s kept your kind alive in this world for eternities.

•”Should keep her body in this world stable but you’re gonna have to unite this with her soul, if you gon try and bring her back.”

Basically, as long as Bayo or Jeanne can return to their bodies or grab their watches after soul snatching, they’ll be fine. The question is can they do that? The answer...yes.

In 4 words; (Out-of-Body-Experience) from B1.
They’ll have to do this in the human world ofc. They should be capable of such considering the fact that they’re capable of astral projection.

You're mistaken. They need the body intact AND the Umbran Watch. They need the watch to wake up as a soul, and they need a body intact to return to. This doesn't qualify for any type of regen. All this qualifies for is a non-combat applicable immortality type 8
I’m not mistaken. The Umbran Watch provides limitless vitality. It’s why the UW don’t age and why they regenerate. Rodin even said that the watch would keep Jeanne’s body stable for at least 24 hours.

Jeanne was perfectly conscious in the human world after Gomorrah struck her. She was perfectly conscious when her soul was being dragged. Their souls only go unconscious when in Inferno. Plus Bayonetta has proven plenty times that UW can return to their somewhat-mortal bodies. The fights with Resentment & Alraune prove this.

Bleeding Roses just seems like a visual effect. But even if it was regen, it'd probably just be mid-low regen which is lower than what we already have covered on her profile.

Bleeding Roses just seems like a visual effect. But even if it was regen, it'd probably just be mid-low regen which is lower than what we already have covered on her profile.
I see but it isn’t a visual effect tho. I used to think the same thing but we see both Bayonetta & Jeanne bleeding Flower Petals in both gameplay AND CUTSCENES. So it’s canon.

Also, again like I said earlier, Bayonetta being able to undo disintegration should place her in high if not Mid-High, iirc.

Her summons are made from her hair, correct? So how strong is Bayonetta’s hair? Her WWs can hurt Jubileus and she was able to construct a tower out of just her hair that coiled around Jubileus and restrained her. Therefore, Bayonetta’s hair/hair-constructs should have universal durability.

Seeing as her demons are made from/summoned via her hair, they should be just as tough. Yet Loptrr was able to disintegrate them, each in one blast. Bayonetta was damaged by these blasts, hence we see the flower petals, but she healed the instant she was damaged, hence her short exhaustion.

When did bayo ever regenerate from disintegration?

Restraining is usually regarded as lifting strength, not durability.

Bayo scales massively above her summons. Bayo is equal to Balder who one shot her summons on 3 different occasions.

When did bayo ever regenerate from disintegration?

Restraining is usually regarded as lifting strength, not durability.

Bayo scales massively above her summons. Bayo is equal to Balder who one shot her summons on 3 different occasions.
As I’ve said, Bayonetta’s fpm let’s her regenerate as she’s damaged to stay in the fight. Remember in DMC3, when Dante cut Vergil in half by his diaphragm? Vergil’s torso should have been sent flying or have fallen off but he was fine because by the time Dante’s sword exited Vergil’s body, Vergil had already healed, though this did tire him out. I’m thinking Bayonetta did the same when Loptr blasted her, just much faster and with her whole body, given that his blasts can atomize her demons and we saw the flower petals showing she was in fact damaged.

Actually, having looked over everything, I can agree that Bayonetta being able to resist Disintegration is more for Durability than Regeneration. I submit. I’ll take the L.

Does anyone agree that Bayonetta herself, ALL of her weapons, and demons, & especially her torture attacks can harm/destroy souls? Or am I on my own with that too?

Back