• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
There can be all manner of reasons. For example, if you kill past Cereza it might erase the existence of the Bayonetta that existed in the first two games. She is her past self after all. Doing that might bring Aesir or Jubileus, or both, back to life. If Bayonetta was absent during the second game and the eye belonged to someone else, or even already belonged to Loptr, Aesir would have emerged at full power and changed things. This swords person could be someone who wanted that.

Well my issue with this theory, is that it depends on how the eyes of the world truly work. Bayonetta dying in the past would just mean there’s no left eye of darkness, since she’s the only umbran witch left aside from Jeanne. That wouldn’t bring aesir or jubilee back, especially since she needs both eyes to be resurrected properly. The eyes of the world choose their wielders, and it’s unlikely that the eye would choose anyone since there’s no other candidates. Unless said person stops the entirety of the witch hunts.

I think someone trying to kill all Cerezas across time is kinda strange, since it wouldn’t exactly do anything aside from just cause another Armageddon like event since the left eye would be gone. Unless they want that situation.

Plus we don't know what else changed when Bayonetta saved Cereza from being put in that coma. Interesting how she still has the same connection to, and history with, Luka even though a Cereza that was never put in stasis also never emerged from that lake when Luka's father was killed, and was therefore never wrongly believed to be the guilty party, and was therefore never Luka's obsession. Bayonetta seems to have made her timeline inconsistent or even unstable by doing that. There's also the fact that Bayonetta has certainly thumbed her nose at a lot of people. Demons and angels alike hate her because she refuses to play by either of their rules and actively destroys the game board for good measure.
We don’t know whether Cereza has a connection with Luka or not. Cheshire isn’t a doll that Luka gave her, she got that as a child. Realistically she shouldn’t know Luka at all. Unless there’s something I’m missing ?

No, I meant Bayonetta's connection to Luka from the first two games. I called her Cereza because that's also her name before she gave herself the name Bayonetta due to her lost memories. I know she nicknamed him Cheshire after her doll, obviously meaning she saw him as small and cutesy.

By the way, I could only watch the trailer on a phone, so tiny details eluded me. Was the Bayonetta in the trailer lacking the mole on her face? If so, that actually does mean something. There was a hint in a Kamiya tweet when someone asked him why little Cereza didn't have the mole yet, and he answered that a witch gets a mole after going through a very important event. He was being vague, but that answer isn't bunk. It matches the historical information about witches. When they made a pact with a demon they got a mark somewhere on their body. During witch trials they'd often check the accused's body for marks. That's probably why there's a cliche about witches having warts.

In short, if the Bayonetta in the trailer is indeed lacking a mole in her face or has it somewhere else, it indicates the Bayonetta in the trailer made a different pact, possibly with a different demon. She might have even never made one at all if there's no mole.

By the way, the next content revision will come soon. Including Loki’s 2-C upgrade, maybe some angels and demons as well.

By the way, I could only watch the trailer on a phone, so tiny details eluded me. Was the Bayonetta in the trailer lacking the mole on her face? If so, that actually does mean something. There was a hint in a Kamiya tweet when someone asked him why little Cereza didn't have the mole yet, and he answered that a witch gets a mole after going through a very important event. He was being vague, but that answer isn't bunk. It matches the historical information about witches. When they made a pact with a demon they got a mark somewhere on their body. During witch trials they'd often check the accused's body for marks. That's probably why there's a cliche about witches having warts.

In short, if the Bayonetta in the trailer is indeed lacking a mole in her face or has it somewhere else, it indicates the Bayonetta in the trailer made a different pact, possibly with a different demon. She might have even never made one at all if there's no mole.
As far as I can tell she doesn’t have a mole, and her guns are different from any Bayonetta we’ve seen so far. Probably an alternate timeline bayo.

That’s… not exactly 2-C, you need to have feats of destroying or creating that amount of universal space times with hax. Him erasing the eyes is just a hax thing it wouldn’t grant a tier

Well that’s weird. If the Eyes have 2-C levels of durability, and Loki erased them across all of time, I thought that would be enough.

But the eyes aren’t really physical objects that you can apply durability to. Also… EE is something that specifically ignores durability.

I kind of got the impression Loki was only able to erase the eyes. A unique ability to specifically make the Eyes of the World vanish. A final counter to Aesir. It didn't seem as if he could just erase whatever he wanted. Plus he was elsewhere when it happened.

Loki explicitly said it was the power to erase anything and everything from the world. Loki choosing not to erase Aesir directly is probably some PIS.

Him not erasing Loki was probably due to making the story be interesting, since having balder and Bayonetta beat him up would be way better to watch.

No way DMC just found an immeasurable speed statement from a damn loading screen...

Y'all, are we sure we've read through everything in the Bayo series?

I also own the Bayonetta 1 and two guidebooks. So i pretty much have all the content. But I’m still finding things little by little

Regardless DMC has 5 games, multiple story content and books, and whatever else. We’re not ever going to compare to the scale of what they have, atleast with how easily it could be for them to find it.

You guys just have to be more open to accepting certain feats, and not writing them off because of how badly our side of the wiki was handled.

I don’t think anyone will see Bayonetta (the series) how I do, which isn’t a shot at anyone lol we’re all different people. I just know a lot about the lore because I’ve put so much time into it, so I definitely think we could have infinite/immeasurable speed with two different evidence pieces.

Regardless DMC has 5 games, multiple story content and books, and whatever else. We’re not ever going to compare to the scale of what they have, atleast with how easily it could be for them to find it.
Tbh. All Cosmic stuff comes from lore of only 2 games and a manga.
Hax stuff majorly comes from one novel.
This alone comprises of 80-90% percent.

Rest of games just has important but minimal contributions.

Unfortunately her art book isn’t too good for feats, as it is for expanding on lore

But I’ll read it again, maybe I missed something

By the way, going forward I don’t really want to hear much about dmc and their scaling. We talk about it a lot, and relate it to Bayonetta, and it gets old :(

Just found evidence of inferno being infinite in size, which also scales to paradiso in the Bayonetta discord. (For vs battles) I suggest joining if you haven’t already https://discord.gg/SCZrtM2U

If not, just know an infinite speed and Immeasurable LS thread will come, unless we find something better.

In my little knowledge of the verse I remember that there are still some Hax to add for the Bayonetta verse that are not yet in the profiles

Back