• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for 10th strongest (non-smurf) 6-B: Wahlberg Baigan vs Zagred

SBA
Speed Equalized
Zagred is complete
Wahlberg starts with Uranus summoned
Battle for 10th place on the thread

Wahlberg Baigan
dg3hx83-f340cf9a-a7f6-48a7-a2e4-6aefb415acff.jpg
(credit to Chryfe14629 on Deviant Art)

Zagred
black-clover-devil-zagred.jpg

Wahlberg: 0
Zagred: 0
Incon: 1 (ArnoldStone18)

Last edited:
But like, this old man seems to counter very good Zagred, but if he is facing Yami for example, how would he dodge a dimension slash?

Because Zagred is the most haxed but you are bringing his counter, if we use Yami and he wins, he should not take the spot for just defeating Zagred

But like, this old man seems to counter very good Zagred, but if he is facing Yami for example, how would he dodge a dimension slash?

Because Zagred is the most haxed but you are bringing his counter, if we use Yami and he wins, he should not take the spot for just defeating Zagred
I am also confused by that
Existence Erasure & BFR (Wahlberg's personal magic, Spaces, allows him to freely erase space around him, which includes erasing the space he himself is in to get closer to an opponent

So spatial magic that does not work on Devils
How's that so
His holy magic is a good counter
It's not that he has holy magic, it's that magic is holy in nature, being bestowed by God.

Wahlberg can also create massive projections of Spaces, erasing larger areas such as with Space Sacrifice
Spaces_Sacrifice.png

And he can also swipe around the area multiple times with Spaces Bout
659c2f5de3fb3fef6dea448e4d130cab.jpg

So, theoretically, Wahlberg could suppress his presence and distract with a clone, like what Renatus and Tyrone did against Domina, get close by erasing the space he is in, and then blasting Zagred with Spaces

Though, this is assuming Zagred doesn't have ki

Though, this is assuming Zagred doesn't have ki
He does not have Ki but he can teleport (Spatial Manipulation (Switched Yuno's location with that of a nearby pebble) with word magic

Or vanish magic if he says "Vanish"

And his trident can destroy energy

And he would danmaku Baigan or try to pin him to the ground, he can also mimic magic if he find a word that suits the effect but that is a secondary tactic as best

And I don´t know if he can redirect spatial attacks, he should be able if they are proyectiles

He does not have Ki but he can teleport (Spatial Manipulation (Switched Yuno's location with that of a nearby pebble) with word magic
I meant ki sensing, like what Asta has
Or vanish magic if he says "Vanish"
He can do this, but Wahlberg can also get close constantly, and can likely hide his aura/presence for sneak attacks.
And his trident can destroy energy
This sorta feels like an "immovable object meets unstoppable force" type question. Because while the trident can do that, Wahlberg's space magic just eats anything in its path and erases it. So, would that count as energy and be destroyed, or would the trident be erased along with Zagred if he isn't fast enough to get out of the way.
And he would danmaku Baigan or try to pin him to the ground, he can also mimic magic if he find a word that suits the effect but that is a secondary tactic as best
Danmaku how, and with which spells. Because, you know, Wahlberg can very well erase these attacks.
And I don´t know if he can redirect spatial attacks, he should be able if they are proyectiles
They aren't really? Only the nails could count, but the Magic just travels and blasts through anything.

Just for not having references? The page had a lot of powers and good format, I don´t understand why they could not wait
Eh, i don't know. It was also poorly formated iirc. Ant also said they likey got confused since they thought it was a new user, which is understandable, I got straight to work after the 4 days were up. I made the fandom account recently so that I can help make Mashle profiles.

Leaning towards Wahlberg with that sneak attack stuff but I feel like it’s not in character for him to do that.

I’ll argue Zagred’s abilities to the fullest extent tho. BC comes first. 😀

Leaning towards Wahlberg with that sneak attack stuff but I feel like it’s not in character for him to do that.
Actually he did try to sneak attack Innocent Zero in their second fight, after he erased the space he was in
https://img.spoilerhat.com/img/?url=https://zjcdn.********.me/store/manga/32688/069.0/compressed/n20210705_175223_1332.jpg
Of course, It should also be reasonable his stealth capabilities with magic should be high than Renatus' and Tyrone's, since they're weaker than him. And it isn't because of personal magic, just plain ol usual magic.
I’ll argue Zagred’s abilities to the fullest extent tho. BC comes first. 😀
And that's 100% fair! We both support our own verses, it's only natural we argue to our fullest extents

Cna the sneaky stuff bypass enhanced senses? I don't see enhanced senses on Wahlberg's page. Does this mean that only Mash has enhanced senses?

Cna the sneaky stuff bypass enhanced senses? I don't see enhanced senses on Wahlberg's page. Does this mean that only Mash has enhanced senses?
I'm going to be honest, besides getting help to clean up the profile formating, I've been doing this by myself after LoK had basically disappeared, so sorry if some things are forgotten (I want a general wizard page now)

But besides that what do you mean bypass enhanced senses? Could you explain in more detail?

also please please please, if you're ever interested PLEASE read Mashle and help out on verse and profile stuff

But besides that what do you mean bypass enhanced senses? Could you explain in more detail?

Like, won’t Zagred use his enhanced senses to catch him? So I was asking how wahl would get around that.

also please please please, if you're ever interested PLEASE read Mashle and help out on verse and profile stuff
True… what chapter is after the first tournament? The tourney where IZ showed up and stuff. I stopped at the end of that arc, the celebratory chapter.

Like, won’t Zagred use his enhanced senses to catch him? So I was asking how wahl would get around that.
Oh OK, I get what you're saying. Well, when we take a look at when Renatus and Tyrone fought Domina, they were even able to fool him, hiding their presence as the clones they made fought. Wahlberg should be able to replicate this level of stealth because of him being superior (and this isn't a case of "personal magic" since Renatus wields Undeath magic and Tyrone Dragon magic). Would this be enough to get around enhanced senses? Assuming this is magic based and not ki based.

Also Wizards in Mashle probably should have enhanced senses, Innocent Zero while weakened could sense the whole fight at the tournament grounds many kilometers away and Rayne was able to sense Mash's power even though Mash doesn't have magic.
True… what chapter is after the first tournament? The tourney where IZ showed up and stuff. I stopped at the end of that arc, the celebratory chapter.
If you're talking about the beach chapter, then the chapter after that is 74. It's not a long read, action chapters are mainly focused on thr battle so there isn't too much dialog.

Don´t go to that chapter, watch the anime and if you are truly interested, read the manga

Also, I still think that Baigan counters Zagred too much, and because this is a match up for a place in the 10 strongest, Zagred can´t have any info, with info (for both to be fair), Zagred could do something

Don´t go to that chapter, watch the anime and if you are truly interested, read the manga
Arnold already reached up to the end of the tournament arc, and the anime has only reached the end of the Magia Lupus arc for its first season. Season 2 is coming out in January.
Also, I still think that Baigan counters Zagred too much, and because this is a match up for a place in the 10 strongest, Zagred can´t have any info, with info (for both to be fair), Zagred could do something
🗿

Oh OK, I get what you're saying. Well, when we take a look at when Renatus and Tyrone fought Domina, they were even able to fool him, hiding their presence as the clones they made fought. Wahlberg should be able to replicate this level of stealth because of him being superior (and this isn't a case of "personal magic" since Renatus wields Undeath magic and Tyrone Dragon magic). Would this be enough to get around enhanced senses? Assuming this is magic based and not ki based.

Also Wizards in Mashle probably should have enhanced senses, Innocent Zero while weakened could sense the whole fight at the tournament grounds many kilometers away and Rayne was able to sense Mash's power even though Mash doesn't have magic.

But aren't these examples special cases considering these are very important characters? It would have been more concrete to assume all wizards have enhanced senses if random no name or side character wizards had it. In black clover all mages can sense the flow of mana in their surroundings and they can also detect magical presence around them. Then there are mages who are exceptional at doing what regular mages do. So Zagred should, at the very least, be able to sense the flow of magic and detect Wahlberg behind him. Then Zagred just has to speak to protect himself.

But aren't these examples special cases considering these are very important characters? It would have been more concrete to assume all wizards have enhanced senses if random no name or side character wizards had it.
Well these are Divine Visonaries. This would still apply to those characters and wizards more powerful, since magic is a universal power system in the verse, get what I mean?
In black clover all mages can sense the flow of mana in their surroundings and they can also detect magical presence around them. Then there are mages who are exceptional at doing what regular mages do. So Zagred should, at the very least, be able to sense the flow of magic and detect Wahlberg behind him. Then Zagred just has to speak to protect himself.
I see, I see. But does Zagred have anything to protect himself outside of trying to get out of the way? I don't think he can try to defend against Waglberg's space magic since it eats any space it comes in contact with, cutting through space itself.

Holy magic is one of the few things that can destroy the invulnerable heart of a devil

So everyone in Mashle has holy properties that bypass the heart, in black clover, being sacred is rare but if in mashle is common, it will still affect his heart
Huh, didn't know that. But what about Wahlberg's Space magic, not considering the holy property of it in the first place, how would the effects of Space magic work against Zagred

And ignoring this fight all together, assuming Wahlberg wins, will I have to make more matches with BC characters in the 10th spot for Wahkberg to usurp the position?

how would the effects of Space magic work against Zagred
It would destroy the body but the heart would completely tank it, as another devil can tank Space magic that also erase everything and it could be argued to be even stronger than Baigan's space magic in layers but that is not the point

assuming Wahlberg wins, will I have to make more matches with BC characters in the 10th spot
In the thread, people are arguing and saying things like "This character beats this one because he counters everything, should he get a spot?" The answer is "Only if he can defeat as many people as the one he counters

And Baigan counters Zagred, but I don´t see him defeating Yami as Yami would precog him and say "No dude, you are not one shotting me" And use dimension slash first

It would destroy the body but the heart would completely tank it, as another devil can tank Space magic that also erase everything and it could be argued to be even stronger than Baigan's space magic in layers but that is not the point
Well guess this match was saved by holiness
In the thread, people are arguing and saying things like "This character beats this one because he counters everything, should he get a spot?" The answer is "Only if he can defeat as many people as the one he counters

And Baigan counters Zagred, but I don´t see him defeating Yami as Yami would precog him and say "No dude, you are not one shotting me" And use dimension slash first
Well I would rather make a match there first, to see what other Mashle supporters could say

Back