• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barbatos scaling to Dream of the Endless for High 1B?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't Barbatos scaled to Dream if Barbatos was capable of eventually destroying the Dreaming by turning his books into Universes in Dark Knights Metal?

Dream/Daniel was even scared of Barbatos. So why not?

The destroying the Dreaming/Burning the library stuff were more like side effects of his actions.

Which could have destroyed the Dreaming and everything else as well, including Dream.

Barbatos is capable of indirectly killing Dream so why not?

This has already been discussed before, upgrading Barbatos to High 1-B would be contradictory to the fact that the heroes defeated him by using a metal of the New Gods. But maybe At least 2-A, possibly High 1-B via side effect could work and the justifications could be (Was indirectly going to destroy the Dreaming and everything else including Dream of the Endless) but still, i seriously doubt this will be accepted..

Barbatos is a incredibly inconsistent character. This makes him extremely hard to properly evaluate.

Possibly High 1-B via side effects could work because he was indirectly going to destroy the dreaming and all story and dream of the endless.

I suppose that we do have more than one indication of a High 1-B power level. The problem is that if we upgrade Barbatos, we likely have to do the same for the Anti-Monitor. It is all extremely inconsistent.

No, if we upgrade Barbatos to At least 2-A, likely High 1-B via side effect, We will not have to upgrade anti-monitor.

Well, we call it "via chain reaction" here, but you do have a point.

I would preferably like to see input from Matthew and Sandman31 first.

Well, i'm not sure about if this is an outlier or not. But he was indirectly going to burn everything including dream/daniel hall. Maybe Dream was only afraid of him because he could end the dreaming not necessarily of barbatos. And correct if i'm wrong, but i think it's the oldest incarnation of dream who is likely 1-A.

May I ask why destroying the Dark Multiverse was deemed 2-A when before it was said by some of the Knowledgable members it was High 1-B ?

Also I agree with scaling to Dream is a outlier... I believe it was just their way of showing off Barbato's power.

Well, the storyline was very inconsistent, due to that the Forge of Worlds was strictly stated to have created infinite universes, not higher levels of reality, and given that Barbatos was defeated with Element X of the New Gods.

I am uncertain about the entire issue though.

Has somebody asked Matthew and Sandman31 yet?

I have just asked Sandman31. Now we have to wait until his answer and Matthew.

Bump. @Elizio & @Ant I agree that the Dreaming was in-fact effected by what happened. I mean, the same Author did state in a interview that the New Gods existed in every Higher-Dimension... But I'll chalk that up as a inconsistency until proven otherwise .

Anyways ... This is a pretty glaring issue.

I still believe that Dream of the Endless being affraid of Barbatos was not an outlier because i think Dream/Daniel Hall was only affraid of him because his actions could have caused the destruction of his realm and all the stories. so, basically, everythig that Dream embody not necessaraly of Barbatos himself.

There's this theory that Daniel is not as strong as Morpheus and is still inexperienced to deal with Barbatos. Or am I wrong? That could solve this whole dillema.

Because it is strange that Barbatos who is 2-A is capable of indirectly killing Dream who is High 1B and possibly 1-A and scaring a High-1B possibly 1-A. It is REALLY weird.

Now hold up! Not asking for a revision or anything, just wanted a way to rationalize what happened in Dark Knights Metal.

I will be honest, scans should be provided the feats to be at least considered for an upgrade

Destroying the Dreaming doesnt mean you are equal to Dream. It doesnt evem seem like Barbatos is doing it via AP or chainn reaction or anything. The Dreaming and the Endless operates based on many rules so we have to be careful regarding them, an example is how the absence of Cain almost destroyed the Dreaming. Destroying the Dreaming also doesmt mean you are more powerful than Dream. Doctor Destiny was able to destroy the Dreaming with the Metarioptikon

I'll probably crock up some more questions for Sandman31.

Are there other occasions of non-High 1B characters destroying the Dreaming?

The Kindly Ones nearly destroyed the Dreaming. I dont think theyre High 1-B. I dont think the Dreaming is High 1-B. Even if it is, I dont think Barbatos would scale to it because he wasnt going to destroy the Dreaming via sheer power

Okay. So what do you suggest? Should Barbatos stay the way that he is now?

As far as I understood, he did not try to stop them, as he wanted to die.

The Dreaming was going to be destroyed because Barbatos turned the stories that should never be told of the Lucien's Library into reality.

And what about Barbatos corrupting the World Forge and his scream which is loud enough to be heard through the Bleed and not only thought the Multiverse. Or the statement that if Barbatos sinks the earth to the Dark Multiverse, everything will go with it.

Elizio33 said:
The Dreaming was going to be destroyed because Barbatos turned the stories that should never be told of the Lucien's Library into reality.
Not an AP feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back