• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barbatos scaling to Dream of the Endless for High 1B?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the notion that Barbatos is way too inconsistent. He gets beaten with New God-level powers despite supposedly threatening the Dreaming.

I'd prefer we keep it to its most consistent feats, especially since he needed anti-music to destroy the multiverse at large through a highly convoluted plan.

You have a point, Barbatos is too inconsistent but i still think that if we add the "destroying the dreaming" only as a chain reaction could work. But i think we should remove the "Corrupting the World Forge" feat on his profile and just keep the "Killing the Forger and shaking the strings of the multiverse with his Anti-Music" feats.

@Reppuzan & Ryukama

Thank you for the input. Perhaps we should mention Barbatos' inconsistency in a footnote within his profile if it is not done already?

No footnote about Barbatos' inconsistency has been added on his profile yet. It would be better that way. and since Sandman debunked the "Barbatos corrupted the World Forge", should we remove this on his profile and just keep his consistent feats like Reppuzan said.

That seems like a good idea, yes. Should I unlock the page for you to edit?

Yes but for the footnote, I would prefer that Sandman31 give his final word about the chain reaction's suggestion before. I can remove the corrupting the world forge. And since i think about it, should i remove most of the justifications of his powers and add them to the notable powers section?

Okay. You can remove the world forge mention in the meantime, but the justifications/explanations for his powers should probably remain.

Antvasima said:
@Reppuzan & Ryukama
Thank you for the input. Perhaps we should mention Barbatos' inconsistency in a footnote within his profile if it is not done already?
I dont think that it should be mentioned in the profile. Its not really an inconsistency. The Dreaming being affected and threatened by Barbatos action doesnt have anything to do with his powerlevel

@Sandman31

So if you are Low-2C, you can destroy the Dreaming as long as you create a Universe out of a story from Lucien's library?

@Sandman31

So we should not list any higher power level for Barbatos via chain reaction?

I dont think that it should be mentioned in the profile. Its not really an inconsistency. The Dreaming being affected and threatened by Barbatos action doesnt have anything to do with his powerlevel

Well, Barbatos himself is a one of the stories of lucien's library and during Metal, he bringed the others stories of lucien's library (The Dark Multiverse, Dark Universes, Dark Knight and the Dark Army) into reality. Because of this, the library burn and potentielly, the entire dreaming with it.

Antvasima said:
What do you have in mind?
I don't know. A better explanation about Barbatos' near invincibility and the "Nth Metal and the Tenth Metal are the only materials capable of harming Barbatos stuff" to avoid NLF.

I think that invulnerability is a NLF. The metals allow far weaker characters to harm him, but more powerful ones should still be able to do so.

Antvasima said:
I think that invulnerability is a NLF. The metals allow far weaker characters to harm him, but more powerful ones should still be able to do so.
I do agree.

Are you agree with "Barbatos is nearly immune to all kinds of conventional harms but can be harmed by lesser beings with the heavy metals of the Dark Multiverse".

A 4-D being harm would not be harm by 3-D being unless done by a Weakness.

So, Invulnerability is legit from a 3-D perspective but from a 4-D perspective, it is NFL since he has no feat.

Yes, it should be removed. I will unlock the page so you can do so.

I think we are done here. One last thing, since the upgrade of the Monitor and the Anti-Monitor was apparently accepted, should we change the justification "Killed the Forger who created an infinite amont of universes" for "Killed the Forger, a being comparable to The Monitor and the Anti-Monitor" instead? And should he have Abstract Existence (Type 3) on his profile?

I do not think that they qualify for abstract existence. I suppose that changing the justificafion could work though.

Okay, i thought they were qualifiable for a type 3. Because both of them are tied with positive matter (Monitor) and antimatter (Anti-Monitor) and they flows through them.

They are not abstract, just empowered by different things.

Antvasima said:
I do not think that they qualify for abstract existence. I suppose that changing the justificafion could work though.
Okay, can i change the justification?

Okay. I will unlock the Barbatos page. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Is there anything else left to do here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back