• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barbatos scaling to Dream of the Endless for High 1B?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even a side effect? Is it necessary to add this feat on Barbatos' profile or not?

@Sandman31, @Antvasima what do think about the others feats i cited above?

@Sandman @Ant

If I recall correctly, he needed to die to save the Dreaming. But I just don't understand why Dream couldn't deal with the Kindly Ones himself if he was stronger than them.

Antvasima said:
@Elizio

I don't remember. Sorry.
Barbatos has corrupted the World Forge and his scream which is loud enough to be heard through the Bleed and not only thought the Multiverse. And the Mr Terifics stated that if Barbatos sinks the earth to the Dark Multiverse, everything will go with it.

I am uncertain. It would create serious scaling problems to rate him as High 1-B.

As I mentioned, I am uncertain. It is best to ask what Sandman31 and Matthew think about this.

Okay, the only thing i'm sure is the scream loud enough to be heard through the Bleed and not only through the multiverse stuff. His range should be upgraded and i'm pretty sure Barbatos should have a "via chain reaction" for his Tier/AP.

Yeah, Dream has a history of not being able to automatically deal with below 1-B entities like the Kindly Ones and Barbatos.

Is it because he is restricted by rules or something?

Elizio33 said:
Okay, the only thing i'm sure is the scream loud enough to be heard through the Bleed and not only through the multiverse stuff. His range should be upgraded and i'm pretty sure Barbatos should have a "via chain reaction" for his Tier/AP.
I suppose that "High 1-B via chain reaction" might be an idea.

That would make more sense than a straight High 1-B rating. And this would not make inconsistence.

Yes, but we still need more knowledgeable staff member input for that.

Should we create a new thread on if Barbatos should be At least 2-A, likely High 1-B via chain reaction?

To be honest, a discussion mod, admin, or bureaucrat can change this thread to a CRT.

Nether nine said:
Yeah, Dream has a history of not being able to automatically deal with below 1-B entities like the Kindly Ones and Barbatos.
Is it because he is restricted by rules or something?
yes.All the endless except death obey stict rules

Barbatos "corrupting" the World Forge just meant that he stopped doing his job which is destroying unstable universes

The main Earth is special, as shown in in Metal, FC and other previous comics. Its some kind of Nexus

The Bleed isnt High 1-B though.

Sandman31 said:
Barbatos "corrupting" the World Forge just meant that he stopped doing his job which is destroying unstable universes

The main Earth is special, as shown in in Metal, FC and other previous comics. Its some kind of Nexus

The Bleed isnt High 1-B though.
  • Should we remove this justification for his AP on his profile?
  • Okay
  • Should we upgrade his range to high multiverse+ since his scream can be heard throught the bleed and not only throught the multiverse?
  • Can we add the "bringing the stories that should never be told of the lucien's library into reality" feat on his profile? Is it Plot Manipulation? Or another feat?

@Sandman31 So Barbatos didn't really create the Dark Multiverse. His inaction led to the World Forge into becoming the Dark Multiverse right?

The Bleed and Orrerry was just retconned to upsized to 6-Dimensional in Unexpected #7 just this month. The Bleed is not just 5-Dimensional anymore.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QjtCNBQ2...tN_bLCCCwPa_c19zm5Jd6gCHMYCw/s1600/RCO017.jpg

In Unexpected, Mandrakk was surprised when he found out that the Bleed contained not 52, but 53 Universes.

Neon then replied and corrected Mandrakk further, still talking about the Bleed, Neon stated on panel that the Physical Multiverse (Bleed) was a Multiverse of Multiverses.

Changes and additions to the DC Multiverse nowadays can literally happen anytime nowadays. And you wouldn't know about it.

@Sandman31 can we add the "was indirectly going to destroy the dreaming" as a chain reaction on his profile? Because of his actions: bringing the stories that should never be told of the lucien's library into reality, the library started to burn and potentialy, the entire dreaming and all stories with it. And question, the dreaming is Low 2-C, High 2-A or High 1-B?

We need a rendered full body image for Barbatos.

The Bleed is used to travel between universes. We tend to rate feats that travel between them by the numbers of universes that they can reach, but I agree that our standards for the distinction between 2-A and High 2-A are a bit muddled, and may need to be revised.

Can you link to a scans stating that the Bleed is 6-dimensional?

Okay so, no upgrade for his range? and what about the chain reaction feat i cited above? Should we add the "was indirectly going to destroy the dreaming by bringing the stories that should never be told of lucien's library into reality" on his profile as a "chain reaction" feat?

I think that a range upgrade seems inappropriate, yes.

It is up to Sandman31 to decide what we should do about the chain reaction suggestion.

@Antvasima Yes, of course but the only problem is i don't know if this chain reaction feat is even High 1-B or lower. Since i don't know if the dreaming is really High 1-B..

Well, only the human part of the Dreaming appeared to be affected, not the higher realms of the sleeping Lovecraftian horrors.

In this sca, Dream/Daniel has stated that the entire dreaming could have been destroyed if the library would have continued to burn because of Barbatos's actions. But maybe not the higher realms of the sleeping Lovecraftian horrors.

And the lucien's library has every book that was never written and all titles martyred by retcon here If the library is destroyed, the whole world will be destroyed with it. here and Barbatos bringing all the stories that should never be told into reality.

@Ant I believe I already posted the scan basically said the Orrerry is 6 Dimensional.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QjtCNBQ2...tN_bLCCCwPa_c19zm5Jd6gCHMYCw/s1600/RCO017.jpg

Mandrakk wanted to return to eat the Orrerry Multiverse and discovered it now contained 53 Universes to his surprise. Neon then furhter corrected Mandrakk and stated that the Orrerry that he was after, could be a Multiverse of Multiverses.

This is reminiscient of Dan Didio saying that there is a Multiverse of Multiverses like how Dan Didio outlined here https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11134/111343371/6695159-endless+multiverses.jpg, If I recall, a Multiverse of Multiverses is 6 Dimensional by definition.

Yeah, this I think does not really change the tiers of any character I'm aware of. But I just wanted to point out for future references.

@Nether

A collections of the types of multiverses that simply contain a number of 4-dimensional universes would simply be a larger collection of universes, not automatically 6-dimensional.

Antvasima said:
I think that a range upgrade seems inappropriate, yes.
It is up to Sandman31 to decide what we should do about the chain reaction suggestion.
I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back