• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

That's just their base forms. Also you cant really tell how strong someone is until you fight them and they release more reiastu
By all means then, quantify their Reiatsu and the increase they get from their Resurrección. When Shunsui makes a guess at their ranks, he bases it off of what he has seen so far after Harribel already revealed her rank and thinks Starrk is number 1 but hopes he is number 2 because his mentality is more dangerous than Baraggan’s. A notable gap in power isn’t what separates the three of them for him.

By all means then, quantify their Reiatsu and the increase they get from their Resurrección. When Shunsui makes a guess at their ranks, he bases it off of what he has seen so far after Harribel already revealed her rank and thinks Starrk is number 1 but hopes he is number 2 because his mentality is more dangerous than Baraggan’s. A notable gap in power isn’t what separates the three of them for him.
When toshiro fought halibel and she revealed her rank,toshiro was surprised she was only number 3. Halibel then says never showed toshiro her full power and then goes all out,so like i said earlier you have to watch them fight and release more reiastu to know their full power. Their isn't a notable gap between barrgan and starrk probably but halibel isn't close to their level. Shunsui even stated it would take at most a 100 years for toshiro to surpass him and toshiro pretty much high diffed halibel. Starrk fought 3 captains that are stated to be stronger than toshiro at the same time. Barrgan was beating soifon the fastest captain and only ended up losing due to plot so their clearly on another level in comparison to halibel

When toshiro fought halibel and she revealed her rank,toshiro was surprised she was only number 3. Halibel then says never showed toshiro her full power and then goes all out,so like i said earlier you have to watch them fight and release more reiastu to know their full power. Their isn't a notable gap between barrgan and starrk probably but halibel isn't close to their level. Shunsui even stated it would take at most a 100 years for toshiro to surpass him and toshiro pretty much high diffed halibel.
Tōshirō got folded by Harribel at every turn until he made it snow, something that is consistent with his sealing techniques scaling way above himself as seen with Luppi one shotting his Bankai yet being oneshot and sealed by his ice pillars. Tōshirō wasn’t close to Harribel’s power in base, was going to get oneshot in Bankai by said base and she only lost in Resurrección because they had an elemental pissing contest rather than she just smacking him with her bigass sword. The one time she was was going to do it and oneshot him, Lisa saved his ass. Lisa, Hiyori and Tōshirō combined got casually overpowered by Harribel before Aizen has to step in and two shot her unlike all of the Gotei bar Sajin who also needed two.
Starrk fought 3 captains that are stated to be stronger than toshiro at the same time. Barrgan was beating soifon the fastest captain and only ended up losing due to plot
Starrk may have fought tougher opponents but none of them scale to him unless he is depressed af. And that drop is huge since Shunsui goes from requiring Bankai against a casual Res Starrk after two seconds of actually attacking Shunsui to pressing him whilst injured in Shikai.

Nobody the top 3 fight scales to them at all which once again leaves us with all of their bases being nigh equal and you being unable to actually quantify the differences between their Resurrección which means the gap remains the same.

I need to look into that but that might warrant a 5-10x multiplier for Blut. If it’s comparable to Bankai, and we know one only amps AP and the other only amps Durability.
managed to translate? would this really be about the blut?

And where is this information about blut?

Jushiro and Shunsui both state that FKT Harribel was equal to Arrancar Baraggan. That already makes it impossible for CFYOW Grimmjow to be weaker than Hollow Baraggan since Grimm is now as strong or stronger than Harribel. Grimm also keeps up with people on the level of Tsukishima and who scales above Arrancar Saga Espada. The stance that Espada Baraggan was >= himself when he and Iko were the top dogs in HM makes no sense. For it to be true, you’d need to randomly assume that a dozen other characters somehow got weaker after training to be stronger rather than Baraggan who sat on a chair for millennia doing nothing but watch his goons kill each other.
That’s wrong tho

Barragan claps hallibel, it was never stated they were equal.

Let’s not split hairs over my words when the intent is blatant. Baraggan claps via hax. Power wise, the two are nigh equal.
Point is that he could beat current grimmjow too via hax. His stats can be lower, matter of fact he get killed by his own respira.

only few characters can overpower his respira, like Aizen or Yama Or Cien From SAFW.

so to be able to defeat Barragan either you outstats him heavily or you use other hax like Hacchigen to trick him. Just being stronger than him ain’t enough.

that would be consistent with what the novel say more that once, hell even not using the grimmjow-Barragan statements you have statements that confirm grimmjow knows he still hasn’t reached whatsoever base Aizen when he was under him Or that shunsui or Tokinada are still small fires compared to just Shikai Yamamoto when Aizen was tanking hado 96 from Yama, to me it seems pretty consistent If Anything.

Last edited:
Point is that he could beat current grimmjow too via hax. His stats can be lower, matter of fact he get killed by his own respira.
Yeah … I know. What does this have to do with their stats?
only few characters can overpower his respira, like Aizen or Yama Or Cien From SAFW.
Great. Still has nothing to do with Grimm’s stats > Espada Baraggan’s stats
so to be able to defeat Barragan either you outstats him heavily or you use other hax like Hacchigen to trick him. Just being stronger than him ain’t enough.

that would be consistent with what the novel say more that once, hell even not using the grimmjow-Barragan statements you have statements that confirm grimmjow knows he still hasn’t reached whatsoever base Aizen when he was under him Or that shunsui or Tokinada are still small fires compared to just Shikai Yamamoto when Aizen was tanking hado 96 from Yama, to me it seems pretty consistent If Anything.
What is the point in all of this? Iko was talking about Baraggan’s power, not his hax. Grimm, Shunsui, Tokinada etc being trash to the likes of Yama or Aizen is common sense.

Tōshirō got folded by Harribel at every turn until he made it snow, something that is consistent with his sealing techniques scaling way above himself as seen with Luppi one shotting his Bankai yet being oneshot and sealed by his ice pillars. Tōshirō wasn’t close to Harribel’s power in base, was going to get oneshot in Bankai by said base and she only lost in Resurrección because they had an elemental pissing contest rather than she just smacking him with her bigass sword. The one time she was was going to do it and oneshot him, Lisa saved his ass. Lisa, Hiyori and Tōshirō combined got casually overpowered by Harribel before Aizen has to step in and two shot her unlike all of the Gotei bar Sajin who also needed two.
They were fighting relative to one another halibel might have a slight edge in hand to hand but in the end she lost until wonderize had to save her. By the time lisa came to help toshiro was already fatigued couldn't even go bankai.
Starrk may have fought tougher opponents but none of them scale to him unless he is depressed af. And that drop is huge since Shunsui goes from requiring Bankai against a casual Res Starrk after two seconds of actually attacking Shunsui to pressing him whilst injured in Shikai.
Bruhh starrk was already fatigued and lost most of his power spamming wolves. Shunsui also used hax on him and ambushed him while he was fighting rose and love
Nobody the top 3 fight scales to them at all which once again leaves us with all of their bases being nigh equal and you being unable to actually quantify the differences between their Resurrección which means the gap remains the same.
Nigh equal my ass starrk fought 3 captains

Barrgan fought 2 captain level opponents

Halibel fought 1 captain

They were fighting relative to one another halibel might have a slight edge in hand to hand but in the end she lost until wonderize had to save her. By the time lisa came to help toshiro was already fatigued couldn't even go bankai.
Lmao no. Harribel was stomping him in base and unlike Harribel, those Starrk and Baraggan weren’t stuck in a prison that actually scaled above them. Hell, the people they fought were basically all AP and no hax besides Shunsui whose stuff was basically amping his AP.

Wild that you think he couldn’t maintain Bankai when he literally uses it later no problem.
Bruhh starrk was already fatigued and lost most of his power spamming wolves. Shunsui also used hax on him and ambushed him while he was fighting rose and love
Right so Shunsui doesn’t scale to Starrk at all.
Nigh equal my ass starrk fought 3 captains

Barrgan fought 2 captain level opponents
Baraggan “fought” Soifon and then he fought Hachi. He screwed around against the first and actually fought the second. Soifon was also immediately hit with a kill shot and, if not for outside help, would have died seconds after Arrogante was released whereas Tōshirō actually avoided Tiburón’s instant kill by himself.

Don’t even kid yourself that Soifon managed anything against Baraggan when she had a single attack that could do anything to him and needs other people to prep for it without dying.
Halibel fought 1 captain
You must have missed the part where Harribel fought Hiyori and Lisa who are both Captain level.

Nah. Tyri took the same stance as Reio. Auto loss
Not the same stance, and I'm literally going by what the author himself wrote multiple times instead of making up excuses, it seems like vs debater here can't handle a good 90% of bleach characters being still very weak compared to top tiers alone.

Last edited:
yeah ngl I found the notion that Kenpachi was older than almost the entire Gotei kinda ridiculous lmao

The fact Unohana has her scar already during the First Quincy Genocide
mqxjdxfbuj1a1.jpg

That means Kenpachi was born BEFORE that...he old enough to remember these events technically....

Anyone else feel like Kubo just kinda retconned Kenny's age in canon for the sake of his story with Unohana in the TBYW?

yeah ngl I found the notion that Kenpachi was older than almost the entire Gotei kinda ridiculous lmao

mqxjdxfbuj1a1.jpg

That means Kenpachi was born BEFORE that...he old enough to remember these events technically....

Anyone else feel like Kubo just kinda retconned Kenny's age in canon for the sake of his story with Unohana in the TBYW?
the flashback in the manga to unohana is with the same appearance as today, and as kubo showed the old gotei he can change that scene for her younger. Zaraki fought her, but became a shinigami only later if I'm not mistaken (I could be wrong), so he doesn't necessarily know about these events

mqxjdxfbuj1a1.jpg

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way.

I think this differs a lot, for example Gin aged much faster
What’s the issue with Gin’s ageing? It took him the better part of a century to go from a kid to an adult. Same thing that happened with Byakuya, Soifon and Nanao.
Let's be real...Kubo just did not give a **** about making Ageing in the Soul Society making any sense lmao
Even if Kenny is older than 1,000, he wounds Retsu way back when and he only shows up pretty recently within the past hundred years. Yama was already looking old enough and then got older, every adult in TBtP doesn’t really age at all over the past century, kids and teens are fully grown/almost there after decades/a century, Renji and his schoolmates look like teens/young adults at 150 etc etc. It’s actually fairly consistent all things considered.

Anime really zipping
Based on the opening, I think cour 1 will end with Ichigo getting his true Shikai. Someone pointed out that at the average pace they’re going at they’d adapt like 250-260 chapters worth of content, which will amount to an additional ~50 chapters of added content. And I feel like with how much the second half of the TYBW can be expanded, especially the fights vs the elite ritter at the end, they’re moving fast so they can fit in those additions. But man this adaptation hasn’t disappointed.

Would that be the sea of Oetsu's forge? Is it difficult to calculate the size of each disk or is it simple? I get lost with this pixel

Sure hope it’s a lot deeper than it looks lol cause I wouldn’t even call that a lake from this point of view
Depending on how big the cities are at least

Back