• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction​

Hello, all. This has been an exciting thing to prepare for, so I'm glad this can finally come to pass. I like to call this a first step in bringing every aged Sonic profile up to snuff with the current profile standards, so let's get down to it.

Note: These sandboxes are still being updated with more scans as the CRT goes on. I figure it'd be fine since CRTs need to be posted for 48 hours to be applied now anyways.

Dr. Eggman​

Oh yeah, you know we had to give the big guy his due.

Above is what the profile will look like after the revision goes through. References galore, clips, a more organized Powers and Abilities section, the likes. There will never be a shortage of new ideas that approach his profile and polish it further, but this is a great leap in the right direction.

Mecha Sonic​

As of IDW's Scrapnik Island, Mecha Sonic and Mecha Knuckles have made a return. While Mecha Knuckles hasn't been updated yet, Mecha Sonic does indeed have a profile blog updating him with the comic's events.

Badniks​

Stronger variants of the Adventure Era should really just scale to the cast (the Egg-Hammer, Heavy Egg-Hammer, some Egg Pawn variants, etc.), with all Badniks flat-out scale to the cast by the Modern Era. Most of the justifications can already be seen within the Egg Fleet page, but some additional justifications can be found in Eggman's AP description.

As such, Badniks should scale to Low 4-C/4-C. This'll be reflected in the Eggman Empire profile as well.

Item Box​

Last, but certainly not least, we have the Item Box. As shown by the wielders section, every listed character will have an updated Powers & Abilities section with the relevant power-ups they've gotten their hands on (i.e. the Babylon Rogues won't be getting things listed that are outside the Riders titles, etc.).

Obviously, every wielder is somebody who gets updated with a new P&A section.

Conclusion​

Aaaand done! Not so bad, right? Hopefully these QoL changes and improvements act as the first pillar in showing these old pages some love and care again. It's a start, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Special thanks to those who allowed me to stuff our shared projects into their sandboxes, those who helped pursue Eggman's justice, and a general thank you to all those who helped along the way. Together, we'll hit these profiles outta the park.

Last edited:
its-peak-peak-fiction.gif

I agree bossman.

Looks good, I agree with this.

One very small suggestion is that his Modern Key should probably include "At most 2-C" in it because of the Egg Salamander, so it could look something like:
At least 8-C, Low 4-C to 4-C with the Eggmobile. Low 4-C to 4-C, up to Low 2-C to at most 2-C with his strongest inventions
And the stats should reflect it as such.

One very small suggestion is that his Modern Key should probably include "At most 2-C" in it because of the Egg Salamander, so it could look something like:
Oh yes, that'll be reflected in the blog soon! I was debating on how exactly to handle it, but your suggestion works really well. Thanks!

And thanks to all of you showing your support so far!

Thinking about it, if Star post checkpoints are canon, whose only purpose is being a place to return to when Sonic loses a life, shouldn’t the lives be canon too?

Thinking about it, if Star post checkpoints are canon, whose only purpose is being a place to return to when Sonic loses a life, shouldn’t the lives be canon too?
Star post checkpoints have varying functions beyond acting as level checkpoints, so they're tied to other mechanics I suppose

Yeah but, it’s not the star post design corresponding to the ones that transport into special or bonus stages, it’s not the one that levels up the characters, and the only other benefit is a time bonus to score, which is also a game mechanics.

Yeah but, it’s not the star post design corresponding to the ones that transport into special or bonus stages, it’s not the one that levels up the characters, and the only other benefit is a time bonus to score, which is also a game mechanics.
But how does this give plausibility to lives being canon? Sonic acknowledges the different goal posts to Sage in Frontiers, but we don't take that as canon because we know it's a 4th Wall bit. I don't think star posts being acknowledged means we start going all-in with the game mechanics like rabids, they're never acknowledged or implied anywhere lol

Are two admins enough support for the changes aimed to improve what's already there?

I'll try and nab another staff opinion just to even things out.

Eggman and Mecha Sonic are updated, I'll be doing the Item Box soon and then I'll start updating the relevant affected characters over time afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back