• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Badlands of The Post-Apocalypto Thread 5

"I am looking for the man who comes here every day to beat you children, I want to teach him that this kind of thing cannot be done ... can you describe what he looks like? Has he already come here or towards what time does he usually come?", he asked.

@Faruel: "Oh that's just the caretaker. He hits us when he's feeling not himself."

@Overlord: The farmstead is gated off and has a bell at the front gate.

Advanced unit eh? I guess that's a unit of all powered people.

"Well, were am I supposed to demonstrate them?"

"Mh, interesting ... but still, can you describe what he looks like and also, I know it may seem a little strange but ... his smell, can you describe it?"

Corvus leads the man to the police he saw previously, keeping an eye on him, once he arrives, he would talk to them.

"Found this guy, not saying he's responsible but he was skulking around in a cloak near a fight, seems to have powers and was trying to convince someone to give up fighting in a secluded location, probably worth questioning."

@Phoenix

Quentima follows Corvus to the police

"So... any clue to where to look for the serial killer?"

Ana leaves the car, staring at the ****** up building.

"This is certainly something."

He goes through the door.

@Phoenix: "That guy matches the description alright, you said he has powers?"

@Faruel: "Well he smells like one of those burning bodies we see on the road during our field trips, and he's always dressed up in some blanket."

@Paul: "Normally there's a place out back I would phone you into but we're a little short on manpower, so you could just show me now."

@Dragon: The door busts open, leading into the facility. No guards inside seem to hear or see you. In fact, there are no guards in the hallway inside. Just an ancient metal detector by the door and old furniture.

@Crimson: It's an abandoned housing complex. The inside shows signs of fires.

"According to her he does, we have powers too you see, she seems to have the ability to detect others that do. You don't see blades fused to people's bodies in normal folks either." Corvus says, pointing to Quentima.

Ana avoid the fires, covering his nose with his hands. He looks for anything that would be even slightly interesting here.

I try ripping the metal detector from the wall with my telekinesis just in case it will trigger an alarm. After that, I rip the door from its hinges and carry it around like a shield, walking deeper into the facility.

@Crimson: There are corpses littering the floor and beds upturned. The place is mostly looted, but a single safe is left locked.

@Andy: [Prey like animals?]

@Phoenix: "We could take 'em in now, but we'd need to ask you a few questions first."

The hunter nodded.

"Thanks kid," he exclaimed and then stood up.

"Smell of burning corpse ... mmm", he murmured and then closed his eyes and concentrated.

He excluded all the smells around him from his mind, focusing only on that of the man he had left around the orphanage.

The smell of burnt corpse would manifest itself as a trail that man would leave wherever he went.

"Okay, I'll be trying not to break anything."

Nero reaches into his bag and grabs a bottle of water, and turns it so he is holding it by the top.

He grips the bottle, red markings appearing over it and spreading from where he was holding it, snaking their way throughout the bottle and pulsating with energy as it was strengthened, and the object practically became an extension of him.

Nero aimed upwards, swinging the bottle and firing a brilliant beam of energy out, holding back enough to not cause any major damage to anything it might hit

@Crimson: The door to the safe gets stuck after punching it.

@Phoenix: The man opens his mouth to ask a question, but in a freak accident a part of the ceiling falls off, falling down and landing on the officers neck, slicing his head off.

"This always happens!" The cloaked man screams.

@Faruel: The caretaker matches that smell.

@Paul: "Well, good enough for me." The recruiter says. "Do you have any combat experience?"

Riktor's eyes widened.

"The hunt begins," he whispered to then start to walking, following the smell left by man in an attempt to find him wherever he was now.

@Tor

Rika puts on the power armor and starts messing around with it, trying to get used to it. Shouldn't be that hard considering who Rika is.

Ana takes out the laser gun and shoots at the side of the safe, tapping it very lightly as to not burn the things inside.

@Crimson: The door melts, revealing hundreds of old world dollars and a shoebox.

@Junko: The armor is old, damaged, cumbersome, and barely functional. You can almost get it to work, but it needs a few repairs before it can be fully functional, though it still protects you.

@Overlord: (Over 10 acres)

@Faruel: The smell leads to the alley behind the orphanage.

@Dragon: The metal detector comes out without any alarms. Deeper into the facility leads to a staircase heading both down and up.

"You're probably best off not remaining in a large populated area like this, if your power causes events like these." Corvus says to the man.

"He's likely not lying, he was way too timid to be a killer when I tried to get him to react by faking an attack. So, what will you do now? Not like it matters, but if I'm not needed here I'll be going." He then says to the remaining police officers.

@Crimson: The shoebox contains lots of photos, a journal, and a map of the building's escape routes and safes.

@Junko: The suit could be jury rigged with what you have, but it'd take awhile.

@Phoenix: "We're arresting him now for sure, that's certainly manslaughter." An officer says, before casually pulling out a baton and smashing the man's head, knocking him out. Several more officers beat his unconscious body and drag him away.

"So, I assume you still want the reward, right?"

@Faruel: A strange sickly man is in the alley, sleeping.

"STOP" Amastris screams "The Man did nothing Wrong, it isn't his Fault he has this Power, Imprisoning him is already Cruel, but torturing him is crossing the line, So Stop this Brutality, Or else..." Amastris says with an Angry tone

"Couldn't hurt, so sure, I'll take it, though I'd be careful imprisoning him, seems like a mess to deal with." Corvus says, before hearing that Amastris did.

"Sure it's not his fault, but he's still a danger to everyone around him. Not that I care, but he'll cause less harm when contained in one place. Their actions make sense here." He states.

"I'd say I've acquired a decent amount of combat experience, comes naturally if you're roaming around, sometimes you have to defend yourself. Oh, and recently some others and myself raided the base of a local gang to take them out after they attacked a town we were in."

@Overlord: A farmer puts their hand on your shoulder.

"Buddy, what are you coming in for?"

@Phoenix: "He'll he executed for his crimes most likely." The officer says, ignoring the protests. "Do you want the money in new dollars?"

@Paul: "Would you say you need any more training? We need soldiers ASAP and that sounds like it would do."

@Dragon: The lower area appears to be a temporary setup for barracks, with only a few beds with footlockers by them and a table with maps and files on it.

Executed? Given his power I can't see that going well for them, their funeral I guess.

Corvus thinks to himself.

"Sure, that'll do."

Back