• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Badlands of The Post-Apocalypto Thread 5

@Dragon: The door to the top is locked, but you can see flashing lights from below the door.

@Phoenix: There's a store for old world relics and a store for "paperwork doing".

@Paul: The driver wakes up. "Another conscript? Give me that." He mutters, grabbing the piece of paper.

"Hope you're ready for duty buddy." He puts keys into the engine and starts up the bus.

@Faruel: "Alright, do you have any evidence of this?" The officer asks, confused.

Corvus points towards whatever direction the board was from where he is now, before heading into the old world relics store.

"Neat, thanks"

Quentima says as she goes towards the board and searches for something that may interest her

"Wait when he wakes up, even if I doubt you will understand every word he says ... also if you think I brought you a random man, go ask the old woman or any of the children in the orphanage ... they will indicate without hesitation the guilt of this man, since he is the caretaker of the orphanage ... apparently every time he went crazy he started beating the childrens, "explained the hunter.

"Also here's the flyer that proves I'm doing the job," he continued, showing the sheet.

Sophie sighed, leaning against a wall in a more defunct part of town, where the poorer individuals lived, the homeless ones and the crack addicts, the ones who were down on their luck, the ones who were ruining their lives without much of a care in the world, and to be quite frank, she hated it. Throwing away their lives due to the sick temptations of this world. It was something...awful,

click...

She blinked and glanced towards the miner, who she learned on the way to Dallas was named Joel, who was pulling out a lighter and trying to light a cigarette. She frowned and tilted her head. "You smoke?"

"When I got the time," he said bluntly as he put the cigarette in his hands and inhale some of it, letting out a gentle puff of smoke.

Sophie reaches out, grabbed the cigarette, pulled it out of his mouth and crushed it in her hands. "You don't anymore," she said simply before looking around. "There's a lot of people here who suffer because of their habits. I don't want you doing the same. It's not why I took you in."

"Uh..."

"Come on, let's keep going." She walked further into the distract, many thoughts on her mind

@Paul: The bus is shredded up and damaged. The engine barely starts as you hear the driver struggle.

@Jacky: You notice a fight in an alley, blood on the concrete walls and an unconscious man on the floor.

@Phoenix: The store has all manner of artifacts from books, nonfunctional computers, figurines, a bizarre device with seemingly no purpose that looks like a bicycle without wheels, and many other items.

@Faruel: "That flyer isn't from the police you know. We'll send an officer to look, but from our view you appear to have attacked a vagrant and pulled him into the station."

Corvus looks through some of the other items, anything that seems as though it might have a practical use for a wanderer, like a compass, map, or something akin to that, as well as anything unique or particularly interesting.

"Send an officer if you want, and besides it's natural not to believe me ... but I don't care, I only do my job, I am a hunter, not a crook", he exclaimed to then leaned against the wall and waited.

@Paul: "Yup, the damn thing won't start up. I'll tell you this now so you can get used to it, we've been running low on manpower and resources for a damn long while and it's really starting to show."

@Crimson: All the safes are raided except for one that's buried under the building itself, which you'd need to dig up.

@Overlord: The man squints at you, any smile he had fading. "What kind of man?"

@Phoenix: There are maps of the old world, showing outdated borders and strange names. There are a few compasses, one electronic but long dead. There's also a letter from the old world, still sealed and for sale for 2 new dollars.

@Andy: Outside the city there are packs of wolves, bears, and mutated geese.

"I can tell."

Nero places his hands to the floor of the bus, recognizing its potential as a weapon, which allows Knight of Owner to activate. The resulting magical energy that flowed into the vehicle was shown by the numerous dark lines snaking their way around the floor, walls, and roof of the bus, reaching into every part of the vehicle's inner mechanisms and boosting it. The capabilities of the bus would be made to far exceed even its normal capabilities when it was in working order.

@Drite: At this point the board is mostly empty, only having a few jobs for runaway draft dodgers. Stuck in the bottom is a small business card, just barely sticking out.

@Faruel: An officer walks out of the station to the scene while the policeman who you talked to says

"You wanna put him in the cell at the back?"

@Paul: The bus starts up somehow.

"Well I'll be damned buddy, that was pretty good. Now sit down so we can get your ass to Lubbock." The driver exclaims, starting to drive.

"Yes, at least he won't run away," Riktor replied, crossing his arms.

"Whatever the case, I go to the orphanage to warn the old woman that I have solved the problem," he murmured and then left the police station.

"And maybe find some other jobs," he thought, heading for the bulletin board.

@Drite

A man tall enough and with a cloak covering a part of his face approaches you, you can see that he has a sword tied on his left side.

"I see most of the work has been taken" muttered Riktor, noticing the nearly empty bulletin board.

Then he turned his gaze to the woman.

"I guess you came for some assignment too ... have you been here long?" He asked.

Corvus picks up a functioning compass, the letter and the most detailed map he could find and takes it to the register.

Nero takes a seat, looking out the window as the bus drove

Lubbock eh, that is a good distance away, wonder if anything interesting will happen along the way.

"I'm a mercenary just to pay for alcohol, my name is Riktor, a professional monster hunter ... and sometimes I hunt men too, always to pay me a drink," he replied, holding out his hand.

@Phoenix: "Looking to buy buddy? I'll warn you, it's a little pricey."

The bulletin board is still empty apart from the previously mentioned things on it.

"Not really, drinking is one of the three things that make my life worth living," he replied, grinning slightly.

"Hehehe, who is the lucky one, or should i say, unlucky one?" She asks, also with a grin on her face

@Overlord: "What makes who lives in this place your business?" He sneers.

@Phoenix: "Oh, about 30 new dollars or so." The shop owner says, twiddling about with some bizarre spinning toy in his hands.

"Neither am I for that," chuckled the hunter.

"Anyway I'm going to take the payment for my job, if you want you can come with me or meet us at the bar later"

Back