• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
They took blasts from the gauntlet (which was created to channel and control it's power), Thanos grabbed the thing bare handed and blasted her with it.

Thanos's minions should scale with base asgardians.

Okay and? I don't care about her dura, just her AP rn. Are we saying amping is a thing she does or not? If not then she is a stonewall and doesn't scale to Thanos AP but Ragnarok Thor/Hulk.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Cul is simply inconsistent as **** and I disagree with any of Thanos' minions being High 6-B.
Ebony Maw appears to consistently be High 6-B though. Cil's and Corvus's profiles should be deleted for severe inconsistencies.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Thor's profile should just say "higher with Storm breaker"

Giant Man isn't High 6-B, no. Cul is simply inconsistent as **** and I disagree with any of Thanos' minions being High 6-B.
Yeah I agree woth the Stormbreaker suggestion.

As for the second are you saying we downgrade Cul/Squidward or keep their ratings as is?

Iamunanimousinthat said:
They took blasts from the gauntlet (which was created to channel and control it's power), Thanos grabbed the thing bare handed and blasted her with it.

Thanos's minions should scale with base asgardians.
"Self-Debunking is self-debunking", huh ? Because with the Gauntlet, Thanos can use their potential without getting directly hurt, so actually it can be more powerful than the Blast that slapped Carol away

@dante

Context of the scene. Thanos was using the gauntlet while fighting with her. Carol was overpowering and stopping him from literally moving his hands. And this was while the gauntlet was being charged with power. He then grabbed the stone and used it. He was desperate and was scrapping like mad.

Are you saying that he has as much control of the power stone by itself, bare handed as he does with the gauntlet?

And what about Thanos with Complete Gauntlet ?

He stated that he was going to destroy everything in the Universe and then recreate

That's 3-A considering a very short Timeframe

Iamunanimousinthat said:
@dante

Context of the scene. Thanos was using the gauntlet while fighting with her. Carol was overpowering and stopping him from literally moving his hands. And this was while the gauntlet was being charged with power. He then grabbed the stone and used it. He was desperate and was scrapping like mad.

Are you saying that he has as much control of the power stone by itself, bare handed as he does with the gauntlet?
Come to think of it, the Power Stone is weak compared to the comics's Power Gem. It should grant the user infinite strength but it doesn't do that here.

I think with the complete gauntlet he's 3-A but judging by the Prime Universe Thanos he can only do stuff on that scale two or three times before being crippled.

That's not Low 2-C since he wasn't going to destroy all the Time=Space continuum, only what's inside the Universe, that's 3-A

Even his statement implies that

Iamunanimousinthat said:
@dante

He was trying to save his own life against Thor, and then the Thunder God overpowers a blast from all 6 Infinity Stones Thanos and almost kills Thanos, yet, he's going to be just "Higher" with Stormbreaker

Carol literally got one shoted by the Power Stone just like the Guardians in IW, She's not going to get 5-A because she was slapped by a Stone, that's pathetic

The Gauntlet never was used to control the output of the stones, it was used to keep him fine while using it, because they would overpower him if he uses them bare handed

When he's fighting Carol he used the Power Stone in a quick movement, and didn't got completely overpowered by it, so we can say for sure that it wasn't a 5-A attack

@ Dante

I've argued for 5-A Thor as well. Fat Thor is obviously not as strong as his prime.

The Guardians weren't able to immobilize Thanos's hand while the gauntlet was charging with power and with all six stones.

Carol was hit with blast not equal to hits others took.

Also....before I continue arguing this.... did Thanos use the power stone on Carol? I remember a blue blast and not a purple blast.

He used the power stone to get her off him. She was grabbing his hand and overpowering him, so he popped the power gem into his other hand to punch her.

And now that I see, she was absorbing it's energy and growing stronger than him. He saw that, and he took the stone away from her and then hit her with it.

At least 6-B, likely higher with energy absorbtion, should be her key.

So, the power he used with the Stone was damaging him, this proves that it was Higher than his durability, but not enough proof to say that it was 5-A

Also, she was absorbing the power of the Gauntlet ? Many people say that

Yes. They were evenly matched (power level not fighting skill), and when she got her hands on the gauntlet, she was absorbing the power of the stones and was over powering him. That makes sense why he grabbed the power stone away from her and blasted her back.

Thanos from the past claimed that he will use the IG to "wipe out everything in the Universe down to its last atom"

"last atom" implies only 3-A

And yeah, "At least High 6-B, Higher with Absorption" should be fine

Now I want Infinity War Thor Vs Captain Marvel

I know yall not talking about character development and writing and using Thor's voice when they literally wipe his slate clean with every movie.

All that development from Ragnorok was gone. Fat thor was funny in itself, but such complete reset.

"Thor's voice when they literally wipe his slate clean with every movie.

All that development from Ragnorok was gone. Fat thor was funny in itself, but such complete reset."

What do you mean? His people and his brother were slaughtered in front of him. Then he got the power to defeat Thanos and couldn't before he Snapped. It's perfectly logical for him to go into depression after that. Especially with the scene of him wanting to be the one who held the gauntlet.

"Please, just let me do something right" something along those lines

Thor's character has got to be one of the most developed in the MCU, if not the most.

The biggest one was the eye. Thor losing his eye, was an ode to him becoming or even surpassing Odin. It was a sign of him surviving the trauma of losing his home, his family, and his self and reinvent everything. They gave him a fake eye. Symbolism gone so he can look pretty.

Next was the hammer. It was specifically stated that Thor didn't need to use the hammer. It was his training wheels. He was stronger without and was using his powers like crazy. In new and invented ways. (hello that lightning corkscrew). Instead of him growing stronger and learning to use his powers more, and even gain more powers and hone his new fighting style, they gave him a bigger hammer (axe). They even had him get his old hammer back, (which i guess was more for captain america's sake and thor looking cool fighting with two hammres)

Then, after he lost to thanos, he just drinks and plays fornight all day? Thor the warrior? He's not out there looking for Thanos. He's not trying to fight of his grief by fighting. (like Hawkeye) He's not kicking ass across different planets trying to drown his sorrows in bloodshed?

Fat thor was interesting, and fun. But I honestly wished they'd take him a bit more serious.

Did you guys stop to think that Captain Marvel had about 11 speechs throughout the movie and 15 minutes of screen time?

Supposedly there was drama with Larson on set abd the Russo's reshot scenes without her (which I'm good with since she's unbelievably unbearable

"He's not out there looking for thanos"

He killed Thanos.

Edit: Thor not going on murderous rampages to let out his sorrows doesn't make him not developed. You can react to things in more ways than just trying to kill things.

Iamunanimousinthat said:
The biggest one was the eye. Thor losing his eye, was an ode to him becoming or even surpassing Odin. It was a sign of him surviving the trauma of losing his home, his family, and his self and reinvent everything. They gave him a fake eye. Symbolism gone so he can look pretty.

Next was the hammer. It was specifically stated that Thor didn't need to use the hammer. It was his training wheels. He was stronger without and was using his powers like crazy. In new and invented ways. (hello that lightning corkscrew). Instead of him growing stronger and learning to use his powers more, and even gain more powers and hone his new fighting style, they gave him a bigger hammer (axe). They even had him get his old hammer back, (which i guess was more for captain america's sake and thor looking cool fighting with two hammres)

Then, after he lost to thanos, he just drinks and plays fornight all day? Thor the warrior? He's not out there looking for Thanos. He's not trying to fight of his grief by fighting. (like Hawkeye) He's not kicking ass across different planets trying to drown his sorrows in bloodshed?

Fat thor was interesting, and fun. But I honestly wished they'd take him a bit more serious.
He still effectively a fat Hercules, which Ragnarok laid the roots for but Endgame completed the growth. He's not traditional comic Thor anymore and Hemsworth is not interested in doing that.

"Next was the hammer. It was specifically stated that Thor didn't need to use the hammer. It was his training wheels. He was stronger without and was using his powers like crazy. In new and invented ways. (hello that lightning corkscrew). Instead of him growing stronger and learning to use his powers more, and even gain more powers and hone his new fighting style, they gave him a bigger hammer (axe). They even had him get his old hammer back, (which i guess was more for captain america's sake and thor looking cool fighting with two hammres) "

His new fighting style wasn't going to be fists, Thor's been a weapon user for most of his life. Him losing Mjolnir doesn't change that. Would you prefer Thor oneshotting Thanos with a punch a few minutes after he was forced to watch him choke out Loki on his ship?

" The biggest one was the eye. Thor losing his eye, was an ode to him becoming or even surpassing Odin. It was a sign of him surviving the trauma of losing his home, his family, and his self and reinvent everything. They gave him a fake eye. Symbolism gone so he can look pretty."

Except it doesn't. The eye is the wrong color. His mother notices this. He'll remember it every time he looks in the mirror.

Now one of the biggest questions is how is James Gunn gonna deal with a Gamora that doesn't know who the rest of the GOTG are and Thor tagging along?

Back