• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
" Would you prefer Thor oneshotting Thanos with a punch a few minutes after he was forced to watch him choke out Loki on his ship?"

I would prefer him developing and maximizing his new found powers before getting a super hammer.

Eye being the wrong color is a lame cop out. The missing eye, and the glowing socket when he charged up was a specific and iconic look. The eyepatch, was a nod to Odin. Not as a strong visual.

"He still effectively a fat Hercules, which Ragnarok laid the roots for but Endgame completed the growth. He's not traditional comic Thor anymore and Hemsworth is not interested in doing that."

@Natse

You're right. He's more like Hercules than thor. And I hear Hercules will be in the Eternals so I wonder how they're gonna characterize him.

Yeap

Adam is OP af, that's why Thor is with the Guardians for the next movie tho, considering that Adam is going to appear since he was on Guardians 2 post credit scene

Matthew Schroeder said:
I think bisexual, no, which he's always been?
He's bi in the 616 continuity but in many others he's gay (Remember his fling with alt Wolverine?)

That said nothing against it since I'm bi

I would never have imagined it, either because of the character's characterization or his personality

Yall shouldnt sleep on dr strange. The dude is the one who will be fighting universal cosmic entities most of the times. The dude also has a wide variaty of magic.

Does he count as an avenger? If not, then it stands to reason that thor would be the one (prime thor, not this one). If he counts as one, than i dont see any avanger beating him honestly. What the dude lacks in physical strength, he makes it up with magic by a lot.

Iamunanimousinthat said:
Yes. They were evenly matched (power level not fighting skill), and when she got her hands on the gauntlet, she was absorbing the power of the stones and was over powering him. That makes sense why he grabbed the power stone away from her and blasted her back.
They weren't evenly matched, she was a tad bit stronger. She got multiple good hits on Thanos while Thanos failed to hit her even once, and was clearly having problems fighting her. Then she completely dominated their arm struggle and no sells his headbutt, after which Thanos had to take the help of the power stone.

And I watched the clip again (albeit in very low quality) and nothing implied that she was absorbing the power of any stones. No stone was glowing and there was no channel of power going from the stones to her. Only her flashy aura was all over the place.

Carol and Wanda, both are blatantly portrayed as being above Thanos. Though I am not very sure about IW Thor. He caught Thanos off-guard and the way base Thanos no sells both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir multiple times make me think that the IW scene was an outlier/PIS.

Some of you guys seem to be commenting without actually having seen the movie.

Captain marvel was portrayed as physically stronger than base thanos. And thanos only used her own momentum to get her off by side stepping, grabbing her arm, and trowing her away. Also, captain marvel wasnt actually absorbing anything. Thats just her aura. If she was absorbing the stones power the power gem alone wouldnt have done anything to her.

Still, she doesnt scale to the power stone alone. She was one-shotted out of the scene quite badly (literally got blown into who knows where).

Also, the strongest avenger isnt something we can really decide now. Tho i think its between captain marvel, Thor, Wanda, and Dr strange. Wanda was really impressive, more so than captain marvel id say. Thor could have killed base thanos if he was at his prime. Dr strange's fight with thanos in IW makes me think base thanos really doesnt have much against him, the dude has some OP abilities.

Ovrhide is right, Thanos would've been smashed into the ground had he not used the Power Stone. I watched the film yesterday and can confirm. Also there was no activation of the stones during Marvel's fight with Thanos.

I wonder where Cap Marvel went tho.

KLOL506 said:
I wonder where Cap Marvel went tho.
To find deep and meaningful character development while the rest of the movie just happened.

But for real though, Cap Marvel should be comparable to base Thanos and was taken by surprise when he suckerpunched her with the power stone. The latter was only after she absorbed some energy, so I think she should be High 6-B, higher with energy absorption.

This may be controversial and somewhat bias, but I'll say it:

For a supposedly "Grand finale" for the original 6 Avengers, only Tony and Steve got the good focus.

• Tony's and Steve's sendoffs were phenomenal, no doubts at all about that. It also helps that this is the final movie for RDJ and Evans.
  • Nat's death also worked, but her incoming movie has me conflicted. It surely would take place in the past. So what am I supposed to feel as I prepare for that movie, knowing this is her end?
  • Clint actually got a balanced importance in this movie AS A GOOD GUY. In previous movies he worked as the underling for the villain, but as a good guy he got too much focus it got boring (Age of Ultron). Him getting a good end out of this movie and having a tv series makes me excited, especially knowing it would take place after Endgame, unlike Nat's movie
  • Bruce as Prof. Hulk is actually charming. Normal Bruce wearing the Hulkbuster armour was cool, but it also robbed some importance from Rhodey. It was a shame they focused too much on the Professor part and not the Hulk part. But I can somewhat understand that him combining his strength with his smarts may be too similar to Thanos. However, what is his future now? Staying with the new Avengers as the smart science guy?
  • Thor. Oh man. This may sound biased as I'm a Thor fan (in case you can't tell from my username) but Fat Thor is a BIG, BIG hype backlash. I get it. He got depressed that he failed the universe and drank his sorrow away. Playing Fortnite with a beer gut was funny. But it stayed for too long. That beer gut robbed off a lot of tension and any attempt at drama. We had Volstagg, it didn't work, and as a result he got killed off in Ragnarok. It would be better if he grew out of it after meeting past Frigga, to get rid of his beer gut and to be a better king to his people, to not betray the expectations of not just his father, but his mother as well. Giving the responsibilities of Asgard to Valkyrie also really contradicts his belief of running towards his problems, and not away from them. Overall, Endgame undermined a lot of Thor's character developed in Ragnarok and IW. Him joining the Guardians is also really weird given the power gap. It worked with the Avengers because of Hulk, Wanda and Vision, but no one in the Guardians comes remotely close to him. I don't know what future plans Marvel has for him, but now that he no longer shoulders the burden of a king I can't imagine him becoming serious like back in IW again.

I think the only person who came out of Engame stronger than they were in Infinity War was Clint.

Clint outran his own arrows exploding, and he wasn't that far away from them. We should be able to use the explosion escape calculator made by DT.

8-C Cap and Super-Soldier level/Heart-Shaped Herb-enhanced characters

and High 6-B Cap w/ Mjolnir (Only Cap)

Thor gets "High 6-B, higher with Stormbreaker"

9-C base Tony with 9-B dura (No idea, he might have higher dura).

Blonsky should be 9-B at the very least since peak-level MCU characters are that strong, can no-sell grenades and can shatter Ultron's Sentries with ease.

The avengers did a lot of time traveling, taking infinity stones to different periods in time and creating an ass load of paradoxical scenarios.

I wonder if a certain someone is going to come in and judge everyone for creating such a horrific imbalance in the multiverse.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Seems fine.
What about the Black Order?
At least 8-C.

Iron Man's tankbusting calc should probably be checked.

And Mark 6 and above should visibly be High 8-C.

@Read this post My theory is that in the MCU you can create different realities of the past, but you always return to the same timeline in the present and the future.

Wouldn't the same timeline be unaffected if it worked that way? Meaning killing thanos only saves another timeline? Movies involving this much time travel gets too complex and forces me into overthinking drive.

Still would like to see things like the living tribunal or galactus facing thanos if he somehow returns

@Read this post My theory is that in the MCU you can create different realities of the past, but you always return to the same timeline in the present and the future.
Yeah, MCU's time travel works exactly like Dragon Ball's time travel.

Also I couldn't help but notice the similarities between Carol and Caulifla:

1. Both can go super saiyan: yellow aura, yellow flying hair, fly and shoot blasts out of their hands.

2. Both are strong without any real struggle.

3. Both have little to no character development.

4. Both are arrogant for literally no reason.

While I was not satisfied that Carol is probably slightly? stronger than Thanos, I was relived at least it wasn't like Superman vs Steppenwolf.

AKM sama said:
Yeah, MCU's time travel works exactly like Dragon Ball's time travel.
Also I couldn't help but notice the similarities between Carol and Caulifla:

1. Both can go super saiyan: yellow aura, yellow flying hair, fly and shoot blasts out of their hands.

2. Both are strong without any real struggle.

3. Both have little to no character development.

4. Both are arrogant for literally no reason.
Difference is, Caulifla doesn't do this to be a hero. She does this because she can.

Good thing about someone like galactus being the next bad, is that naturally, by sheer size, he will automaticaly be 5-B if not higher.

Tho people like the living tribunal or abstracts will most likely appear in a Dr strange movie first, just like the tribunal appeared to stange in the comics.

I swear people are sleeping on strange. He is gonna be the most haxed avenger sooner or later, if he isnt already. I mean, he succesfully countered the power stone and the reality stone in IW. That alone should put him damn high with hax.

"Captain marvel was portrayed as physically stronger than base thanos. And thanos only used her own momentum to get her off by side stepping, grabbing her arm, and trowing her away. Also, captain marvel wasnt actually absorbing anything. Thats just her aura. If she was absorbing the stones power the power gem alone wouldnt have done anything to her"

"And I watched the clip again (albeit in very low quality) and nothing implied that she was absorbing the power of any stones. No stone was glowing and there was no channel of power going from the stones to her. Only her flashy aura was all over the place."

I watched the movie yesterday and from my perspective, it definitely looked like energy from the Infinity Gauntlet was going into her. It made sense as in that scene, Thanos was able to try and shake her off but as the seconds passed, he became unable to even budge her.

Code:
"If she was absorbing the stones power the power gem alone wouldnt have done anything to her"
That's not how that works. You can start charging a battery with energy from an infinite energy pool, does that mean that getting hit with all the energy at once won't destroy the battery?

Just watch the movie and yes as dragon said capmarvel didn't absorb anything, i guess only capamerica will get a major upgrade for wielding thor hammer

1997KD said:
Just watch the movie and yes as dragon said capmarvel didn't absorb anything, i guess only capamerica will get a major upgrade for wielding thor hammer
And his base will get upped to 8-C.

He should also get longevity. He's well over a 100 years old biologically by the end of the film.

DragonEmperor23 said:
"Captain marvel was portrayed as physically stronger than base thanos. And thanos only used her own momentum to get her off by side stepping, grabbing her arm, and trowing her away. Also, captain marvel wasnt actually absorbing anything. Thats just her aura. If she was absorbing the stones power the power gem alone wouldnt have done anything to her"

"And I watched the clip again (albeit in very low quality) and nothing implied that she was absorbing the power of any stones. No stone was glowing and there was no channel of power going from the stones to her. Only her flashy aura was all over the place."

I watched the movie yesterday and from my perspective, it definitely looked like energy from the Infinity Gauntlet was going into her. It made sense as in that scene, Thanos was able to try and shake her off but as the seconds passed, he became unable to even budge her.
Energy wasnt entering her. That was her aura flaring up. She is naturally that strong, just like they hyped her to be. Still no match for the power gem.

I visibly saw energy from the gauntlet into her. Her aura is a shiny light, not energy that goes from right to left. I guess we should just wait for a clearer visual on youtube or something.

Back