• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Higher with Stormbreaker (Managed to overpower a blast from a surprised Thanos with the complete Infinity Gauntlet and severely injure him).

Because he didn't used all the power from it, or he would die since the max output from the stone is 5-A and he is only High 6-B

@dante that makes zero sense. Quill was starting to immediately disintegrate while holding the stone and he wasn't using it's full power. Thanos grabed that thing and yeeted it's power at Carol and sent her flying.

The producers of the movie, are constatnly bragging about how strong Carol is. Why wouldn't a full power blast be out of order? Why would he be holding back. He was trying to kill her. Literally everything was on the line. He was sending his full army. He emptied out the entire bank account.

We're not going to scale Carol to the full output of the Power Stone, you can't insist your way through this.

@iamunanimous Probably because of the statement by Gamora about the stone?

"The bigger the target the higher the power surge" Hence the variable AP of the stone, so in the end, Thanos can only use the stone up to the point that he can take it

So what ? Do you think that Carol should be 5-A because she was completely trashed by the Power Stone ? That is what doesn't make sense

The producers of the movie, are constatnly bragging about how strong Carol is. Why wouldn't a full power blast be out of order?

Because if Thanos used the full power of the Power Stone, it would overpower his High 6-B durability since the Stone is 5-A, but he was fine

Simple

If we're gonna take that power scales to volume statement literaly, you're going to claim that Carol got sent flying with enough power to disintergrate 60kg?

Iamunanimousinthat said:
If we're gonna take that power scales to volume statement literaly, you're going to claim that Carol got sent flying with enough power to disintergrate 60kg?
No, that means Thanos has to use the stone more than the current output and that will hurt him so he can only use it up to his own durability

Jelome1989 said:
Iamunanimousinthat said:
No, that means Thanos has to use the stone more than the current output and that will hurt him so he can only use it up to his own durability
Yet he can survive destorying the power stone and five other infinity stones at once. That doesn't add up.

But technically Thanos using the Power Stone only up to his own durability wouldn't be "useless" against her since Captain has more durability than him? (Not agreeing with the 5-A thing, just poiting out)

And it wasn't a good response. We saw rocket show the surge of energy released when Thanos destroyed the stones. And the gauntlet was still on his hand so it happened while he was wearing it. And he was damaged by the energy so we know he tanked it.

My point still stands.

The 5-A would be captain's durability.

Nobody scales fully to Stones Thanos. Let's be real. Only Stormbreaker debatably but Thanos was caught by surprise and could only react at the exact last minute.

@iamunanimous Sure but we don't exactly know how he did it or the durability of the stones. And he said it almost killed him.

Mjolnir channels Thor's power so of course it's stronger now that Thor is more powerful. Granted, Fat Thor is weaker than Infinity War Thor clearly. Still strong enough to put up a fight against Thanos, though.

I've been noticing that the Hulk is lagging behind in the power level department. Awakened Thor is above him, with Thanos, Carol, and Wanda following suit. Is it possible for Hulk to ever gain back his former title of Strongest There Ever Is?

Natse said:
I've been noticing that the Hulk is lagging behind in the power level department. Awakened Thor is above him, with Thanos, Carol, and Wanda following suit. Is it possible for Hulk to ever gain back his former title of Strongest There Ever Is?
Maybe Iron Man, going by his fight against Thanos in Titan

Iamunanimousinthat said:
And it wasn't a good response. We saw rocket show the surge of energy released when Thanos destroyed the stones. And the gauntlet was still on his hand so it happened while he was wearing it. And he was damaged by the energy so we know he tanked it.

My point still stands.

The 5-A would be captain's durability.
"Surge of energy" is the resulting cosmic radiation that the Stones left when they were used, they left the same signature when Thanos snapped his fingers at Earth, and there was not an explosion or release of energy there. The entire point of the Gauntlet is to allow someone to wield the stones without getting instantly obliterated by their power, Thanos used the power of the stones against themselves, and it probably created an explosion that damaged him.

Oh duh. I forgot.

Makes sense seeing how casual his High 6-B feat is.

Also I'm fine with 7-A Giant Man via one-shotting a Leviathan with ease. But I don't agree with anyone scaling to Thanos' minions. They are far too inconsistent.

Yeh. I hope the next generation of movies can hold themselves on their own, Iron Man and Captain America were the brains and heart of the MCU respectively, and I'm afraid their removal will result in some sort of feeling of emptiness.

@dziga

that's not true at all. They literally said Earth was ground zero, and the energy from the gauntlet spread throughout the universe starting from earth. It wasn't just left over radiation.

Iron man was able to make his own gauntlet to contain it's power, so the idea that only a special thing can hold it's power went completely out of the window, unless Iron man's tech got 5-A durability.

Why would the explosion of the stones destroying themselves be lesser than the power stone releasing it's energy?

Wow, Endgame...

This movie is quite hard to digest. You really need to process it, take it all in and then say what you have to say. For me (from what I have processed at the moment...), the first act was slow yet somber, the second act was a really fun heist movie with great emotional moments with past characters and the third act is one of the best in movie history.

I don't know where it fully ranks in my list of the MCU, but it's up there in the Top 5 right now.

My opinion on who the strongest Avengers are:

• 1) Prime Thor with Stormbreaker
  • 2) Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange
  • 3) Captain Marvel, Thor (Either Prime without Stormbreaker or Fat Thor), Prime Hulk, Bleeding Edge Iron Man. All of them are comparable though some are clearly stronger than others
  • 4) Giant Man and Professor Hulk

Back