• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Auswahlen and Light of Lille

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we all forget about the "light-thingy" and calculate the speed of Auswählen using the accepted Soul King Palace distance with an assumed timeframe based on the few panels it took to reach Seireitei?

P.S.

@Matt and @Tata have a good counter argument that I side with.

AppleLord said:
Can we all forget about the "light-thingy" and calculate the speed of Auswählen using the accepted Soul King Palace distance with an assumed timeframe based on the few panels it took to reach Seireitei?
P.S.

@Matt and @Tata have a good counter argument that I side with.
88905600/10 = Mach 25920 (Sub Rel)

This is the speed we already have for their god tiers

My bad for taking long, had to go to sleep for school.

"This is clearly just the way he drew it, literally only the tip of it looks like that."

It isn't "only the tip", every side of the light beams are jagged and distorted, literally most panels we see them in they aren't straight

Aus33
Here we can see the light curving and distorting around Bazz

"This is impossible to tell, since it's 2-D manga panel. What we see is different individual beams hitting different people. The beams are never shown to be fired so how did u come to the conclusion that they were fired at the same time and then traveled at a different speed."
It isn't impossible to tell at all, it's very EASY to tell that those beams of light are clearly behind and in front one another, and are you serious with that second argument? The beams are all part of one move, Auswahlen, they all got released at the same time when Yhwach uses it but they clearly do not arrive nor depart at the same time, literall the ONLY explanation for this is that it doesn't move at a constant speed.

"They travel in a straight line back and forth, and after some googling I see gravity can bend light in some ways althought that was 50/50. The Soul King dimension as stated by Ichibe has a higher level of gravity."

Firstly i've shown like half a dozen scans of it not travelling straight, even whilst going "back and forth", secondly not only would it need to have the gravity of a near black hole to bend light significantly to the point where it would be visibly distorted, but the light bent whilst in soul society, meaning the high gravity argument doesn't work, at all.

This is literally Matt's "Schrodingers Kubo" all over again, use panels that support us but as soon as panels don't support us? oh yeah it's just Kubo's art style let's just ignore it because it goes against our argument.

Well, if the supposed light beams repeatedly do not move in a straight line, I suppose that TataHakai's argument seems to make better sense.

There's 2 panels where they do and half a dozen where they don't, literally most of the panels we see them in they don't move in straight lines

Not only that but they don't move at a constant speed, merely the speed Yhwach moves them at, we see multiple times the beams being in different positions despite being sent and withdrawn simulteanously simply due to not being at the constant speed of C.

Literally the only argument here is "Well the Shakonmonku doesn't absorb sunlight and Auswahlen passed through it so it must be the same", ignoring all the counter arguments against Auswahlen and at the same time commiting a Hasty Generalisation fallacy.

Okay. Should we close this thread then? Or should a discussion rule be added first, if this subject tends to turn up frequently?

Okay. Do you have a suggestion for what the rule should say?

Nothing indicates that they were shot at the same time, since each was individually and this is clear in the sweep of the Accutrone, once one attacks, then comes two and try to catch Giselle and Liltotto.

And it's also like I said, this being seen from another point, shows this totally linear, I ask again, the packages came crooked and then straightened?

The only argument against this is the curves, while we have Shokonmanku's argument, which is totally self-evident.

Well, I suppose that we could wait a while longer.

matter of fact none of the points the OP made were countered, the whole disagreeing argument is based on bad drawing of lines by Kubo in 2 panels, the actual points in this thread were slept on, and again just kept repeating same weak argument about non-straight lines which could be just Kubo not drawing them well.

I heavily disagree with shutting down an ongoing argument that already has a majority's vote and then adding a rule against the continuation of this argument in any way.

When no time is given to refute counter-arguments, debating cannot occur. You can't just be the last one talking and end the thread just like that to shut out any other points.

I love how many times I have to explain that majority voint doesn't matter if it's just parroting already answered arguments.

Alternatively, I genuinely think that Tata has made better arguments and succesfully refuted the supporting side.

The attitudes thrown around in this thread are more than enough grounds to close it and prevent the topic from ever being brought up again. So if you believe in your arguments and everyone else supports you there is literally no reason to act a fool and start insulting people. It's counterproductive, doesn't help your argument in the slightest, and prolongs the debate longer than it should be.

Not to mention when Lille dispersed as light particles, he instantly reached to Soul Society.

When you think about the distance between Royal Palace and Soul Society, he needs to be speed of light or something like that.

I don't see the point of saying Majority's Point is just parroting itself over and over aside from an attempt to dismiss the majority's opinion. The quality of the argument doesn't get lowered by that happening. It's not like if everyone agrees we just change it. We scrutiny it. And if "Parroting" is applied to the Minority it just makes them also parroting the same thing but with less people. Dismissal of what a lot of people thinks doesn't make a point irrelevant.

@The4

Is that during his fight with Shunsui and after that?

Sera EX said:
The attitudes thrown around in this thread are more than enough grounds to close it and prevent the topic from ever being brought up again. So if you believe in your arguments and everyone else supports you there is literally no reason to act a fool and start insulting people. It's counterproductive, doesn't help your argument in the slightest, and prolongs the debate longer than it should be.
I agree with Sera.

Well, there is such a thing as compromise. "Sub Relativistic, likely Speed of Light" wouldn't hurt anyone.

"Possibly" is probably better than "Likely" in that case.

I just want to point out that it was raining when the Auswahlen light was coming down and going back up, so if it is real light how come it didn't reflect off the rain. If the Auswahlen is supposed to be 100% real light then there is no way they could have come down as huge beams without some of that light reflecting off the rain. This isn't something that can be hand waved either because light reflecting off mediums like water is one of the main properties of light. So for Auswahlen to be real light someone would have to explain why is doesn't behave like real light would when exposed to rain.

we should just wait for the people who were arguing for the OP to response, because asking for closing the thread when you get the last word when the other party isn't here doesn't seem fair, especially when they gave a better argument and majority is on their side.

Anyway, given that this is ultimately up to the staff to decide, somebody should probably ask Ryukama and Spino to take a look at TataHakai's new evidence.

while Sera's Intentions are noble they are counterproductive to the arguments being made, they fall under the "Argument to moderation" fallacy which asserts that the Truth can only be found in compromise, this isn't applicable to our own standards of Light, meaning that Auswahlen meets the criteria for Lightspeed or it does not. there is no grey area unless we artificially change context to suit a specific situation.

Kinda agree with tata and Matthew, cause many verse light is rejected by same logic if op post get accepted, other verse light should be accepted as well, because mostly the other verse "light" get rejected because of their "light bend" thing

I tend to agree with shadow. We shouldn't just jump to the Likely/possibly option if there is major disagreement. It kinda feels like avoiding the issue more than solving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back