• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This thread is to show that speedster need to travel faster than the speed of light for time travel.

Barry allen is hit by a missile while running, as a result of which he travels through time. He then says that when the missile hit, he exceeded the speed of light, which is why he was able to travel in time.[1]

When Barry could not time travel physically, he was able to time travel mentally using the neural hyper-collider designed by Jay Garrick. This device enables time travel by converting neural electricity into Superluminal particles.[2]

Barry says he has to run faster than light to reverse time.[3]

Barry runs faster than light to travel through time[4]

(They share the same multiverse and The Speed Force as we saw in Crisis on infinite earths and titans)

All this shows that speedsters must be faster than light in order to travel in time.

Any speedster who can time travel scales to this

And yet it was stated that CW Barry travelled mach 4 to time travel,
We regard as invalid what was said about CW Barry's speed

Also they said it was Mach 2, not Mach 4, and after saying that, they said Barry had never reached that speed. And for context, in doing so it had to collide with a particle moving at the speed of light. So again, the speed of light was involved.

Last edited:
At this point this is just partly a continuation of this crt so we should pull everything from here that was agreed upon and fully restructure the OP

Also brodie do not use tags for shit that is unrelated to the OP, DCEU shouldn't be brought up in the same vein as the arrowverse one in a CRT.

Thread 'CW Flash Revision' https://vsbattles.com/threads/cw-flash-revision.132451/

Last edited:
To help out I'll give ya the cliffnotes of everything from this CRT that we can just use here, that all good?

So we can tackle both of these at once

At this point this is just partly a continuation of this crt so we should pull everything from here that was agreed ipon and fully restructure the OP
I don't understand what you mean, can you say it again more clearly?
Also brodie do not use tags for shit that is unrelated to the OP, DCEU shouldn't be brought up in the same vein as the arrowverse one in a CRT.
OP has scans from DCEU so it's not unrelated.

I don't understand what you mean, can you say it again more clearly
You're tackling part of the exact same thing in said ongoing crt so this technically is already acting as a continuation of it therefore we might as well fully restructure this crt based around the prior one I linked.

This is something I can have all the information on so I can help with

OP has scans from DCEU so it's not unrelated
So tackle that in another thread why are you doing DCEU along with arrowverse and using that for evidence when its a different verse and also already has a FTL rating

You're tackling part of the exact same thing in said ongoing crt so this technically is already acting as a continuation of it therefore we might as well fully restructure this crt based around the prior one I linked.

This is something I can have all the information on so I can help with
Didn't we already come to a conclusion in the previous CRT? As far as I know, we're just waiting for ByAsura to handle a few remaining things.
So tackle that in another thread why are you doing DCEU along with arrowverse and using that for evidence when its a different verse and also already has a FTL rating
The DCEU and the Arrowverse are basically the same verse. Just different worlds in the same multiverse.

Didn't we already come to a conclusion in the previous CRT? As far as I know, we're just waiting for ByAsura to handle a few remaining things.
Not at all byasura isn't even working on it anymore and has seemingly dropped it as he deleted erased his sandbox and has been very active elsewhere, hence my saying lets just finish that crt here since it will effect all the current stuff you're proposing right now and more anyways

The one in ByAsura's sandbox was the outdated one.

He hadn't added what he was working on to the wiki.

Also He made a calculation about the Arrowverse 16 days ago.

Also, since we cannot access ByAsura's latest work, the best we can do is wait for ByAsura to come back.
I see well shouldn't this wait then since its still overlapping with the other CRT tho?

I honestly don't understand the conflict here, it's very simple Barry can go back in time through pure speed [mach 2] this proves that the speed of light is not a limit as this is not even a fixed value for time travel, and I'm pretty sure Barry has already traveled through time in the mach speed range in another scene that didn't involve the particle accelerator, I just don't remember which scene it was.

I honestly don't understand the conflict here, it's very simple Barry can go back in time through pure speed [mach 2] this proves that the speed of light is not a limit as this is not even a fixed value for time travel, and I'm pretty sure Barry has already traveled through time in the mach speed range in another scene that didn't involve the particle accelerator, I just don't remember which scene it was.
Nah CW explicitly has very terrible statements that outright contradict feats and are genuinely just blatantly false to the point they're unusable and are clearly wrong and just thrown out there

Nah CW explicitly has very terrible statements that outright contradict feats and are genuinely just blatantly false to the point they're unusable and are clearly wrong and just thrown out there
Okay, without statements then, this feat can be calculated because there are several moving references when it is performed. And you know that there is no speed of light involved, yet it was still enough speed for him to travel through time.

Okay, without statements then, this feat can be calculated because there are several moving references when it is performed. And you know that there is no speed of light involved, yet it was still enough speed for him to travel through time.

This is why I said this thread should just wait, we already have all of this figured out in the crt I was talking to Arrow about earlier, because we already have a bunch of the calcs and scaling done and figured out and all of these arguments about statements had already been had and what to do about them.

Thread 'CW Flash Revision' https://vsbattles.com/threads/cw-flash-revision.132451/

Post in thread 'CW Flash Revision' https://vsbattles.com/threads/cw-flash-revision.132451/post-4561892

Post in thread 'CW Flash Revision' https://vsbattles.com/threads/cw-flash-revision.132451/post-5871537

This is why I said this thread should just wait, we already have all of this figured out in the crt I was talking to Arrow about earlier, because we already have a bunch of the calcs and scaling done and figured out and all of these arguments about statements had already been had and what to do about them.

Post in thread 'CW Flash Revision' https://vsbattles.com/threads/cw-flash-revision.132451/post-4561892

Post in thread 'CW Flash Revision' https://vsbattles.com/threads/cw-flash-revision.132451/post-5871537

Doesn't this thread exist to refute the idea that characters cannot exceed the speed of light because they travel through time when they reach it? My comments are just about this, what you linked seems to assume that this limitation does not exist, was there a discussion regarding this? or is this limitation not even accepted by the wiki?

Doesn't this thread exist to refute the idea that characters cannot exceed the speed of light because they travel through time when they reach it? My comments are just about this, what you linked seems to assume that this limitation does not exist, was there a discussion regarding this? or is this limitation not even accepted by the wiki?
Not that im understanding, OP's just saying they travel FTL to time travel

Last edited:
the OP is saying is that the speed required to travel through time is FTL. It doesn't say anything other than that.

Back