• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asta's feat of cutting Zagred's heart

People are scalling Asta's attack with Black Divider above Licht ultimate magic attack because he was able to destroy Zagred's heart when Licht was only able to destroy his body. I think this doesn'take much sense considering it was stated that High Ranking Devils can't be killed with non arcane or saint magic which Licht didn't have. What I'm trying to say is that Zagred's heart was literally immune to Licht and it wasn't just his heart being tough.

In chapter 206 Zagred talks about how Licht and Lumiere were both affected by forbidden magic which allowed them to interact and deal with devils and magic from the underworld. Later on when Yuno makes SoZ it is stated that he condensed the remains of Licht’s and Lumiere’s magic which allowed him to affect Zagred.

In chapter 206 Zagred talks about how Licht and Lumiere were both affected by forbidden magic which allowed them to interact and deal with devils and magic from the underworld. Later on when Yuno makes SoZ it is stated that he condensed the remains of Licht’s and Lumiere’s magic which allowed him to affect Zagred.
While that's true Licht's attack used the mana of the other elfs inside the castle which weren't arcane.

While that's true Licht's attack used the mana of the other elfs inside the castle which weren't arcane.
Licht is the one using the spell, and as mentioned before, he has the same magic of the underworld that Asta does. Licht basically took their magic power and put it into his sword, which launched the spell. The spell would be arcane stage since Licht is the one using it.

I had issues with zagred heart and black divider aswel,
Considering the narrative with asta magic during the fight and we know asta/yami magic is super effective against demons.
But if the wiki deems asta anti magic could be a raw ap amp
and technically nothing states zagred heart was pure magic so asta scales aswell.

Licht is the one using the spell, and as mentioned before, he has the same magic of the underworld that Asta does. Licht basically took their magic power and put it into his sword, which launched the spell. The spell would be arcane stage since Licht is the one using it.
Licht was arcane because his mana was affected by negative mana but the other elves weren't so the attack ended up being non arcane.

Also I'm not sure if this counts as a valid example but recently on the manga Gaja used ultimate magic to destroy Megicula's body leaving only a heart and the Zagred scene was then shown as an example of a similar situation unfortunately that damned loli had really op regeneration.

Licht was arcane because his mana was affected by negative mana but the other elves weren't so the attack ended up being non arcane.

Also I'm not sure if this counts as a valid example but recently on the manga Gaja used ultimate magic to destroy Megicula's body leaving only a heart and the Zagred scene was then shown as an example of a similar situation unfortunately that damned loli had really op regeneration.
You can't assume it wasn't arcane, especially since it was Licht's spell. It's possible, but there's no evidence for that. We have to default to it being arcane because it was Licht who casted the spell to begin with. Essentially, he took in their power into his sword, which itself was arcane (because his Sword Magic is arcane), and shot the blast from it.

Also, Gaja's Ultimate Magic wasn't arcane stage, so Megicula survived the attack. The Zagred scene was shown to show that arcane or saint stage magic is needed to destroy the heart. However, we don't know the durability of Megicula's heart since it just negged the attack. We know that Zagred's heart simply tanked the attack even though it was arcane stage for the reasons I mentioned.

You can't assume it wasn't arcane, especially since it was Licht's spell. It's possible, but there's no evidence for that. We have to default to it being arcane because it was Licht who casted the spell to begin with. Essentially, he took in their power into his sword, which itself was arcane (because his Sword Magic is arcane), and shot the blast from it.

Also, Gaja's Ultimate Magic wasn't arcane stage, so Megicula survived the attack. The Zagred scene was shown to show that arcane or saint stage magic is needed to destroy the heart. However, we don't know the durability of Megicula's heart since it just negged the attack. We know that Zagred's heart simply tanked the attack even though it was arcane stage for the reasons I mentioned.
The swords itself is not arcane it's just a magic item also i don't think Ultimate Magic can be arcane.

The example with Gaja was to show that powerful magic can help against devils but it needs to be arcane/saint magic to finish them.

Als for a more meta point i don't really think Asta should be anywhere as strong as Licht at that stage.

The swords itself is not arcane it's just a magic item also i don't think Ultimate Magic can be arcane.

The example with Gaja was to show that powerful magic can help against devils but it needs to be arcane/saint magic to finish them.

Als for a more meta point i don't really think Asta should be anywhere as strong as Licht at that stage.
It's Licht's Sword Magic, so the sword (being a part of his magic) would be arcane. Ultimate Magic also can very much be arcane if the user is arcane. It's not stated otherwise.

Gaja wasn't an arcane stage, which is why he couldn't destroy Megicula's heart.

As for the "meta" point, that's just headcanon, and narratively speaking Asta was on about how he needed to bring out the power of his sword like how Licht did.

It's Licht's Sword Magic, so the sword (being a part of his magic) would be arcane. Ultimate Magic also can very much be arcane if the user is arcane. It's not stated otherwise.

Gaja wasn't an arcane stage, which is why he couldn't destroy Megicula's heart.

As for the "meta" point, that's just headcanon, and narratively speaking Asta was on about how he needed to bring out the power of his sword like how Licht did.
Asta could use the sword's power even though he doesn't have any magic.

That's because it made contact with another devil, giving it Anti-Magic.

Also, the description of Sword Magic plus Licht's use of it in the past both describe that Sword Magic actually has the user generate swords, so the swords are in fact a part of Licht's Magic. They just changed when they made contact with another devil and gained Anti-Magic.

Last edited:
That's because it made contact with another devil, giving it Anti-Magic.

Also, the description of Sword Magic plus Licht's use of it in the past both describe that Sword Magic actually has the user generate swords, so the swords are in fact a part of Licht's Magic. They just changed when they made contact with another devil and gained Anti-Magic.
Im talking about during the dungeon exploration arc when Asta borrowed Noelle's magic

Back