• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Considering Kalt is asking, I can imagine they are trying to look for anything good enough to not make this match a pretty much one sided stomp on Kiri's side, which sounds like it's the case right now.

Because you can't see him, hear him, or notice what he is doing (for example you don't see a Kyubey-shaped hole into the water when he is taking a bath).

Alternatively there is the fact that even witches like Wal are undetectable for pretty much anything excluding magical girls

Kaltias said:
Because you can't see him, hear him, or notice what he is doing (for example you don't see a Kyubey-shaped hole into the water when he is taking a bath).
Woa

When did he do that?

I don't remember the episode, but it was when Madoka and her mother were talking, Kyubey was like, two metres away taking a bath but only Madoka could sense him

Probably. He was also letting her and Sayaka communicate via telepathy, which can be done by magical girls on their own, but not by regular people (duh)

But then, bambloozed! A plot twist reveals humans could do all that all along, the Incubators being lied to from the start.

Presence Concealment, plus Chronos Rose, plus Thompson Contender and his knife NP. Honestly, only chance I see is her being able to detect him and react in time when the skill rank drops then try to literally drown him in as many bullets as she finds it possible, cutting off all escape. At least if isn't in character for this version to use her BFR maneuver or Drain.

You know, I really want to just say all of this is "normal people can't see magical shit" in the PMMM verse rather than give them all invisibility senses.

Like, you don't say everyone major character in the Riordan verse can see through invisibility, perception manipulation and illusions because they can see through the Mist. This seems to be the same case.

Monarch Laciel said:
You know, I really want to just say all of this is "normal people can't see magical shit" in the PMMM verse rather than give them all invisibility senses.
And where do you draw the line between this and legit invisibility?

Because witches are stated to be invisible, Kyubey is also stated to be invisible.

It isn't "magic can't be seen". Sayaka doesn't suddenly disappear when she transforms into a magical girl in front of Kamijo.

It simply happens that the magic of witches makes them invisible.

Heck Kyubey doesn't even use magic at all.

Invisible to normal people though.

I don't believe magical girls all have the ability to see through invisibility, I believe they all have the ability to see witches.

I draw the line at "can see through everyone's invisibility" as opposed to "can see very specific invisible creatures"

And if that magical girl is invisible to other magical girls, that says otherwise to the idea that magical girls can see through all invisibility.

Yeah but the witches and Kyubey are the only invisibility users so far, excluding Kagami.

She is fighting a familiar, we don't know how it affects an actual witch/magical girl as she hasn't used it in her side story. And it's not like having better hax than someone's resistance isn't a thing.

Btw we are kind of derailing.

Not voting because I know little about Homura, but I do want to clear something up.

Kiritsugu's origin bullets and Phantasm Punishment should theoretically work upon coming into contact with the stopped time. The reason why it doesn't effect him when he uses Time Alter, aside from the "maybe" resistance to his own Origin, is because Time Alter is described as an "innate bounded field". As in, it acts inside his body to allow him to perceive the world as moving more slowly so that he can react and move faster than he normally should be able to. He doesn't slow down everyone else, he speeds himself up - is basically the principle here.

Since the bullets and knife never come into direct contact with his Time Alter's bounded field, they never actually affect him.

HOWEVER, there is a possible counterargument. IF Homura's time stop works similarly to bounded fields in the Nasuverse, then Kiritsugu would likely have to strike either its boundary or its core to have an effect. Which brings up the issue of how does Homura's time stop initiate; does its area of effect expand outwards from Homura's body, or does it just instantaneously appear?

In the former's case, the origin bullets and Phantasm Punishment would immediately destroy Homura, but in the latter's case, Kiritsugu would have to locate and strike the core or the boundary of the field (which brings up the matter of the time stop's range/AoE).

Monarch Laciel said:
I will argue to my dying day that Affections of the Grail negates 2-A mindhax
Ironically the doll of calamity is the source of his problems while he's alive.

Kiritsugu = Homura. Irisviel = Kyubey (you have power to grant any wish!)

... Kiritsugu falls for a Kyubey? :lol:

[][][][][][][][][]

Homura : Homu Sweet Homu, RKGenki, LSirLancelotDuLacl, Veloxt1r0kore, Reppuzan = 5
Emiya : Iapitus the Impaler, Monarch Laciel, Gargoyle One, RebubleUselet = 4

ApiesDeathbyLazors = 1

Well, no one wins yet.

Ok people forget Servant can detect another servant in Spirit form on daily basic and Presence Concealment is even above spirit form (Intangibility + Invisibility mind you).

In Emiya case, even another servant will not be able to detect him unless he attack with his A+ rank.

Affections of the Grail may even "tell" him when Homura is going to use timestop.

There's no precedent for AotG working in such a way. It merely greatly boosts his Luck when he's in a pinch last I saw, while bringing misfortune to others(thinking about it, wonder if Homu falls into others...).

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
There's no precedent for AotG working in such a way. It merely greatly boosts his Luck when he's in a pinch last I saw, while bringing misfortune to others(thinking about it, wonder if Homu falls into others...).
Read about it in emiya page again m8.

" A skill that represents the fact that in another world, EMIYA is deeply loved by the one who becomes the Holy Grail. As a result, he gains a boost to his Luck when he is faced with incredible odds, allowing him to escape situations that would otherwise spell certain death. However, his comes at the expense of the happiness of everyone else around him. EMIYA is not aware of this skill, but he does occasionally hear the whispers of the Grail."

Oh yeah, he hears the whispers of the Holy Grail. Wonder what that does?

Nothing as far as we know, that's what it does. It's very clearly described just up there in your own quote that it boosts his Luck against incredible odds. It's not gonna do anything to timestop, but thinking about it, it could give him some chance if Homu somehow sets her bullets and explosions so he'll have it hard to escape after time unfreezes.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Oh yeah, he hears the whispers of the Holy Grail. Wonder what that does?
Nothing as far as we know, that's what it does. It's very clearly described just up there in your own quote that it boosts his Luck against incredible odds. It's not gonna do anything to timestop, but thinking about it, it could give him some chance if Homu somehow sets her bullets and explosions so he'll have it hard to escape after time unfreezes.
Yup, but as i said "it may even"

Knowing when Homura time stops won't really do anything though.

Homura time stops at the start (like literally all the time, Sayaka literally blamed her for that) and EMIYA can't really do anything.

PC may help surviving though

Best she can do is lay as much fire as humanly possible all over him so that escaping is hard as hell by the pure factor of volume, no matter his speed.

But she would need to do this on a second try, as she normally doesn't do this on everyone. From there is all about whether she can survive Emiya likely going Time Alter. And with Presence Concealment, he can get the drop on her making her think he's dead to boot, so even more chance to succeed.

No, but if he was running towards her before being stopped (which is pretty likely given that he lacks range), and Homura fires a dozen of bullets in his head, he'll run into these bullets after the time stops ends.

Oh right, probability manipulation.

Either way we should probably decide if Homura can get past PC somehow.

Because if she can't, there is objectively no fight

Does Homura actually make sure all of her projectiles are so painfully close all of the time?

Otherwise he should have ample room enough to move and make sure there's no lethal damage. That servant ain't going anywhere if their Heart or Head is squashed so their spiritual core goes.

Back