• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Exactly.

Doesn't matter if her magic is in her soul. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's where magic circuits are in Fate, you won't find a mage's magic circuits if you did an autopsy. Magic crest yes, magic circuits no.

If she uses magic, and it touches his bullets or knife, it rekts the magic at the source. And the stronger the magic, the worse the damage. Considering Time Stop is true magic by Nasu standards, that's going to hit Homura incredibly hard.

Also, I'm pretty sure his abilities would work against dead apostles if hit their magic, so her body being dead doesn't matter much.

Also, it's a conceptual effect I'm pretty sure, of severing and binding. If her magic touches it, her magic gets severed, and then it gets bound back together - badly. And it can't be healed either, as in binding in back together, the world qualifies it as having already healed.

Unless the bullet can hit something that doesn't have form, Homura would be fine using her timestop. She doesn't creates an omni-directional wave that can stop time, the gear inside of her shield shifted and time stop moving. Her time magic is in form of her shield.

003j
Stated numerous times...

....her time magic is in form of a shield.

The bullet has to make direct contact with the magical effect, or thing affected by/causing the magical effect, otherwise no. The bullet is not interacting with his time alter as he fires.

Also worthy of note that Kiritsugu would have affected Kirei just for shooting his mana-infused Black Keys despite not hitting him directly. It also worked on Kayneth the moment it touched his Volumen Hydrageum or whatever the name is. But I am iffy about this, since Time Stop is an odd cookie.

Also worth noting that Homura un-timestops whatever she is in contact with when time is stopped, and she doesn't actually do damage in time-stops for this reason. She instead sets up attacks so they will hit when timestop ends.

Also worth noting that if her magic is in her weapons, EMIYA hitting any of her weapons with his knife or bullets would also screw her over.

If he starts with time accel, he would likely be able to dodge all of the explosions and bullets she set up during timestop through sheer speed.

That's assuming he can pulls out his knife or his guns in time before they exploded right in front of his face. That is not counting the ones from his sides and behind him.

That is also assuming if he know her weapons are being magic enhanced one.

And I don't remember EMIYA ever dodged a near point-blank explosion with time accel.

Why would Homura do an explosion when literally everything was eitherva rocket or a bullet?

She did plant her home made bombs around Oktavia in the third timeline. She also used it against Patricia too in the same timeline. It is within her character to do that.

Yes.

Which took time to explode.

And that was one scenario out of a bunch

Not really the best example

Gargoyle One said:
Didn't Kiritsugu fire a magic bullet with a time slow active and was fine?
Considering it's his origin ******* people up so badly, I doubt it'll affect him so badly. As for those bullets going through Time Stop, how does it work? Is it like throwing a wrench in a machine, or is her magic reaching out to just, stop everything? Or am I going too deep and looking for information that doesn't exist?

the bullets don't specifically target magic circutes, thats just the most common Mage thing they target. they actually target energy networks and supplies in general, so it would still rek her if her magic hits him

Charlotte ate the explosions and they were delayed, not a good example.

And Kyoko nearly dodged.

<She used bullets against Sayaka

<Rockets against Wahlpurgisnacht.

<Bullet against Mami, who she knows from so many timelines.

By verse equalization, the thing I can best imagine is it reaching out if it makes contact with her magic and applying it's effect to whatever is the source of her magic. It's magic circuits for magus in fate, obviously.

That said, the overall effect would depend on the output of the magic being used, so just striking a meager bullet isn't gonna split her in half.

Still iffy about how the bullets and/or knife would interact with her time stop.

Gargoyle One said:
Charlotte ate the explosions and they were delayed, not a good example.
And Kyoko nearly dodged.

<She used bullets against Sayaka

<Rockets against Wahlpurgisnacht.

<Bullet against Mami, who she knows from so many timelines.
Not my point, the point is that she uses explosions as often as she uses her guns. Even during Wraith Arc when she lost her smithing power, her first option is her home made bombs.

Also, she never even tried to kill Mami (even when she gone mad during the third timeline), so that is not a good example.

You just proved my point right there tho.....If she doesn't use bombs that way specifically she's screwed.

Completely incorrect. You blatantly see Homura pointing a gun at Mami's head, where her soul gem is, then it shows her hesitating and then deciding to shoot Mami in the leg, she intended to kill her before showing her hesitiation, and even in that same scene she still planned on killing her with her gun before hesitating. Madoka Magica doesn't treat its fans like idiots.

I don't see why he wouldn't be able to dodge an explosion, when, thanks to his time alter, it's moving in slow motion to him.

And he doesn't need to know her weapons are magically enhanced. Just blocking them with the knife would damage her.

I'd like to point out that slowing that millisecond to even a second is more then fast enough to dodge an explosion if you're MHS.

Anyway, inconclusive, can go either way.

Servants quite casually brush off bullets, so if their power and speed is enhanced because magic, I doubt Emiya wouldn't realize there's something off about her munitions.

Gargoyle One said:
I'd like to point out Homura is only 18 or so megatons.
So Kiritsugu tanks.
What do you mean "that way specifically"? She used both guns and explosion against Oktavia in one timestop.

Fine.

Homura is 50 megatons due Patricia new calc. Although not sure why we can't scale her bombs to Charlotte dura since she killed her numerous times with it.

Because on multiple other occasions she either uses guns. Or doesn't have the bomb explode as the time Stop ends, just a second later which isn't fast enough.

So she's still weaker then Kiritsugu, thus he gets up from the explosion and then blitzes her.

On second thought. Switch me to Emiya, she doesn't go for Absorbtion immediately in time Stop and she gets omega blitzed to hell.

Voting Kiritsugu for reasons above.

And @Homu

That's probably because authors usually don't get that the interior is as durable as the exterior, so it's safer to not scale her to that

People's interiors are generally less durable than their exteriors, but not to the point that you can ignore durability entirely by attacking them

@Monarch

A true Time Stop has never been used in the Nasuverse, so for safety reasons it's considered True Magic.

Which means that EMIYA's Severing and Binding probably won't affect it.

Just saying.

Why not?

I don't think there's enough information on True Magic to say that.

And what about the red shift chick? She uses true magic time powers right? Is there a reason the origin wouldn't work on her?

@Monarch

Because it's never been done before in the Nasuverse. Therefore, until we get more information on it or if someone uses it and it's considered a Noble Phantasm-level ability, we're considering it True Magic because the definition of True Magic is stuff beyond magecraft and science.

Aoko Aozaki can manipulate time but she has never stopped time. The best she has done is time travel and shunting events into the future.

Other way around.

If there's no proof of anyone ever using time Stop we don't assume they can.

Also Red Shift? She only slows IIRC

@Iapitus

It's still not a timestop. It simulates a time stop by moving so fast that time and space have no bearing on him.

There's a huge difference.

@Monarch

Because True Magic is on a level above magecraft.

A-Rank Magic Resistance doesn't do jack against True Magic because it's above spells even from the Age of Gods.

There's no reason to assume that a modern magus, even as a Servant, would be able to interfere with True Magic.

If it uses magic circuits, I don't see why Kiri's origin wouldn't work. And he isn't interfering with their magic, he's interfering with their magic circuits.

Back