• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arthur's Dead Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems fine to change.

I'm pretty sure you can make the changes then. Just make sure you link the thread as to why you made the changes.

It's only stated in tutorials that Dead Eye slows down time. Tell me one time a character states it slows down time and I'll agree with you.

It is likely intended to be increased mental perception speed for the sake of entertainment, not literal time manipulation.

@Smashor

They don't need to say it. Dead Eye has shown to be a constant throughout the game when Arthur is in a situation he has no other way out of. It is his Trump card. If this is the case half of the abilities in Assassians creed should be removed.

Once again, Jack learned the ability and a younger age then both John and Arthur, so it can't be simple game mechanics

He's not slowing down time, he's just perceiving things slower.

Slowing down time =/= perceiving things differently to others

Learning the ability dosn't mean that it slowing down time isn't game mechanics. That's literally the most "Time is money and money is camel and camel is seven celery sticks" logic I've ever seen on this wiki.

I agree that this seems very exaggerated and unreliable. We should preferably close this thread.

Everything that is needed is already on his profile so this thread is unnecessary, since he definitely does not slow down time.

@colonel

If that was the case, the game would have stated as such. Instead, it states you are slowing down time. In all three Red Dead games.

@The Smashor

That literally makes no sense.

Dead Eye has been consistentaly shown in use by Arthur himself, and not The Player. Most of the times in story dead eye is activated when Arthur has no other way of defending himself, as a get out of jail free card. Jack learning the ability demonstrates it's existence as an actual part of the game, otherwise he wouldn't need to learn it. He would just have it because "game mechanics" would just slap it on him as part of his arsenal

No, lol.

I don't see any reason for the game itself and it's developers to state you are slowing down time if it was just manipulating perception

Krukov's suggestion is fine, but Zenkai's original one has been rejected. Sorry.

I would appreciate if we could end this argument immediately, as it isn't important or arguable enough to remotely validate the effort.

@Krukov

Are you willing to update the page so I can close this discussion?

@Ant No changes need to be made since there's already a good explanation on the profile itself.

@Zenkai I can explain the differences on my wall, but this thread needs to be closed as it is not necessary to make any changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back