• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arthur Morgan vs Edward Kenway

And also because even more OP Browning M2s exist in the verse that can one-shot cars.

Now those can one-shot Edward.

Yeah I think I'm done here. The fact a 50 caliber wouldn't hurt Edward at all is completely ludacris and NLF by all standards. Guns in AC are 9-A because they hurt 9-A characters, but a real life 50 caliber weapon that is extremely incomparable to any AC weapon we have ever seen in caliber size and damage output wouldn't harm him is beyond unreasonable.

I guess it's time to upgrade Lady's guns to 3-A since they can harm Dante XD

But seriously, if fodders are 9-B, then yeah, guns in AC are stronger than RL ones

Fodders are definitely 9-B and can kill hippos and lions in a few strikes and even hold their own against high-end 9-A characters (But eventually lose regardless).

Why are we assuming that guns are stronger than their irl counterparts without evidence to suggest that? You guys are assuming because an M1911 can kill a tier 6, means that M1911 is a tier 6. That's ludricous, the guy being shot clearly didn't have the regen or durability to take a pistol shot.

I know plenty of people who likely can't take gunshots but are far above guns in tiering because their skin can still be penetrated by bullets. Hell I even know a few who are outright harmed by them.

All in all, why are we assuming Edward can shrug off bullets from Arthur? AC guns have never been shown to have stronger than their irl counterparts, by all accounts they're the same as irl. Unless someone shows me scans where flintlocks are like, 40 kj or something.

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Yeah I think I'm done here. The fact a 50 caliber wouldn't hurt Edward at all is completely ludacris and NLF by all standards. Guns in AC are 9-A because they hurt 9-A characters, but a real life 50 caliber weapon that is extremely incomparable to any AC weapon we have ever seen in caliber size and damage output wouldn't harm him is beyond unreasonable.
Well, the same weapons in AC would likely harmed Edward but the real life one won't.

This is taking tiering way too seriosly and throwing common sense out the window. MAny verses have very incosistent showings of many things, and this is another example.

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
This is taking tiering way too seriosly and throwing common sense out the window. MAny verses have very incosistent showings of many things, and this is another example.
If you want, you can create a thread to complain it. Debating it here probably won't get you anywhere.

Megaquake2012 said:
Why are we assuming that guns are stronger than their irl counterparts without evidence to suggest that? You guys are assuming because an M1911 can kill a tier 6, means that M1911 is a tier 6. That's ludricous, the guy being shot clearly didn't have the regen or durability to take a pistol shot.
I know plenty of people who likely can't take gunshots but are far above guns in tiering because their skin can still be penetrated by bullets. Hell I even know a few who are outright harmed by them.

All in all, why are we assuming Edward can shrug off bullets from Arthur? AC guns have never been shown to have stronger than their irl counterparts, by all accounts they're the same as irl. Unless someone shows me scans where flintlocks are like, 40 kj or something.
Here you go

Also honestly why are bullets hitting Edward even being a point when he can literally ******* dodge them

Speed equalized doesn't take into account for guns, only the characters themselves (The slower character is enhanced to be as fast as the faster character).

Umm, shooting someone in the face and making their face "destroyed beyond all recognition" happens in real life as well, not to mention Arthur can do the exact same thing in RDR2 to a much higher degree, being able to completely blow someone's head into millions of pieces with one shot.

With revolvers it's gonna take 3-4 shots to completely blow up a head. I know, I did it myself. Shotguns and above can destroy heads in one-shot, but in AC verse you just need one flintlock bullet to merely destroy someone's face.

Again, why are bullets even a thing here, Edward can literally dodge them and take cover somewhere if he gets detected, but for that to happen Arthur needs Edward to be close, otherwise he'll never find the Assassin in the dense jungle.

I also said Edward would most likely be able to dodge regular bullets by pistols, but High Velocity bullets travel extremely faster for a much longer distance as well. Not to mention Express or Split Point.

KLOL506 said:
Megaquake2012 said:

Here you go
Well I'd say firing a flintlock point blank at someone's face is gonna turn em unrecognizable. Plus that's just one potential feat which may just be hyperbole for all we know. Consistency is key.

Only gonna work if Edward even gets in Arthur's line of sight, which he will most certainly not allow to happen in the long run because STEALTH.

Arthur's Litchfield would travel 750m/s with regular ammo, with different ammo types making that number fluctuate upwards massively.

The fight itself take place in a forest, why Edward would bother creating a shootout instead just sneaking and taking Arthur down in quiet. The forest is full out places to hide, Edward just applied his usual tactics.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Yeah in a world of 9-Bs, guns need to be stronger than RL ones to be considered lethal
Black Lagoon is a verse filled with 9-B's out yer ass and yet guns are shown consistently to be the same as they are in irl. Without any special wall level feats. Guns simply don't scale unless shown othewise.

Plus inconsistency is a thing. Black Lagoon is consistent with it's wall tiers being severely damaged by guns but other verses may be a lot more inconsistent on this.

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Yet we are talking about Arthurs weapons harming AC characters, which apparently is impossible.
If you know that already then why are you keep arguring that Arthur could win?

Megaquake2012 said:
KLOL506 said:
Megaquake2012 said:

Here you go
Well I'd say firing a flintlock point blank at someone's face is gonna turn em unrecognizable. Plus that's just one potential feat which may just be hyperbole for all we know. Consistency is key.
Nope, there was some distance between Cesare and Micheletto.

And the novel was explicit about Micheletto's face being obliterated, nothing hyperbolic about it minus the lightning thing.

KLOL506 said:
Megaquake2012 said:
KLOL506 said:
Megaquake2012 said:

Here you go
Nope, there was some distance between Cesare and Micheletto.
And the novel was explicit about Micheletto's face being obliterated, nothing hyperbolic about it minus the lightning thing.
Even if, EVEN IF this feat was valid. It's the only feat avaliable. This is likely the author either not knowing firearms or having it obliterate the poor sod's face for effect.

We need more consistent feats my man.

I find that a Browning M2 or Barrett M82 not hurting Edgard at the very least, nevertheless killing him outright instantly is NLF

Again it really wouldn't matter as Edward would never allow himself to get in Arthur's line of sight. He's too good with stealth to get shot.

Regardless of whether the guns are as strong as their IRL counterpart, Edward's still faster, he scales to feats of over 1600 m/s. Only problem would be Arthur firing two shots in a second.

AC as a whole before the Isu-Hybrid BS implemented in later games prided itself in historical accuracy, to the point where people IRL were using architectural building as a mainframe to rebuild the same buildings IRL.

Not hurting him is a bit of a stretch, it definitely would do some damage if he lets his guard down.

Also no point in talking about lore-breaking stuff in Odyssey anymore, Ubisoft sucks and can't do stories right anymore.

We are treating IRL as some weak ass verse like it isn't the inspiration for all fictional verses. Now we are back to square one which is what I was arguing before my thread was derailed with bulletproof edward. The whole battle is about would can Edward get close enough to arthur to assassinate him without being spotted, not about "How many .50 cal bullets can Edward catch with his teeth?".

Now i already explain how Edward or entire AC as whole being 9-A is normal thing. Basically, gun and bullet can harmed 9-A characters just a common thing in-verse. Compare to RDR characters who is 9-B at best, saying they can hurt them is completely nonsense.

Gun in fictional can have same functional in real world but depend on how they were portrayed, they could have higher AP.

> Also no point in talking about lore-breaking stuff in Odyssey anymore, Ubisoft sucks and can't do stories right anymore.

Now that is something we can 100% agree with.

To be fair tho, one circus guy in RDR2 can legit catch bullets with his teeth so kek

Either way, the answer is yes. Edward would definitely manage to get to Arthur unnoticed without having his bacon torn apart by a barrage of bullets more times than not. His stealth is simply superior to that of Arthur's, and Edward's faced off characters similarly skilled as him in that regard. *wink* Assassins *wink*

So I still stick with my vote. Regardless of how piercing weapons do damage (Let's just assume it will damage Edward for the sake of sakes), Edward will still take it by better stealth, versatility, more experience in forests and being more agile and acrobatic and being even more alert.

Simply put, in this fight, he's the Stealth King.

Back