• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arthur Morgan vs Edward Kenway

Prolly not but the piercing damage works wonders (Minus the swords, those things can legit shatter pillars for sure, and so can normal bows and arrows as of Origins, Bayek is hella overpowered).

But Arthur sure as shit ain't gonna get into a sword fight to get reduced to vapor by someone over 1045 times stronger.

Yeah i'm not talking about swords or Edward's personal AP here, I'm talking about guns in general in AC Black Flag according to Real Life and RDR2. Just the weapons, not the people.

Well, nothing really that impressive in terms of piercing damage in that case sadly. It's not until Chronicles Russia that you get to literally penetrate tank armor and go OP with guns in general.

Yeah that was my entire point. Piercing damage does work wonders. I thought we concluded this, but apparently not. I will emphasize this for the last time. If you had Edward stand still and loaded up a Browning M2 and started firing it at him, he isn't just going to sit there tanking these .50 Caliber bullets that can penetrate tank armor like it's nothing. A .50 Caliber bullet can be shot 10 inches above someone's head and still split their skull in half completely down the middle like two slices of watermelon. Just because the Browning M2 is 9-B doesn't mean it would annihilate Edward.

No, AC2 initially showed the Hybrids Adam and Eve in action but Unity is where it really went into more in-depth detail first and then Syndicate and then the comics where Juno got capped. Origins came after.

Also 50 BMG IRL was apparently noted by some of the calc group members to have high 9-A piercing power somewhere so it'd pierce Edward anyway. There were also some other calcs that to be truly bulletproof you'd need to be 8-A or something but those never got accepted.

Yeah, but base the BMG is 9-B, it can get up to 9-A after suppressed fire because of being able to destroy a foundation of walls on a small building, causing the building to collapse. Just like with time, any wall character can destroy a Small Building as well. For the BMG, it would take a good amount of bullets to make a small foundation completely collapse.

Piercing damage doesn't allow you to account for AP gaps of hundreds or thousands of times over. And while building foundations and even armoured tanks can be damaged with repeated fire, that does not mean that every single bullet that hits is a 9-A bullet.

Bullets and piercing weapons are very inconsistent in fiction, which is why Edward is 9-A despite being harmed by bullets and someone like kid Goku is 9-B despite shrugging off bullets.

Probably because he was shown in-verse to be bulletproof? To believe that being Small Building Level makes you bulletproof is absolutely asinine. I have shown this thread to double digit amounts of people who know nothing about both verses and don't even use this sight, and every single one of them agreed with me unanimously.

Goku isn't exactly bulletproof anymore, he got scraped by a bullet in DB Super.

If the armor gets weakened by repeated rounds, the rounds that break through aren't 9-A either because the armor was penetrated while it was weakened.

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Probably because he was shown in-verse to be bulletproof? To believe that being Small Building Level makes you bulletproof is absolutely asinine. I have shown this thread to double digit amounts of people who know nothing about both verses and don't even use this sight, and every single one of them agreed with me unanimously.
No one ever said that being 9-A is bulletproof tho. Absolutely no one. We were only saying that Edward's dura is way higher than the yield of Arthur's 9-B bullets.

But Goku being 'bulletproof' isn't because of some special ability he has, it's because of his durability. Being 9-A may not make you completely bulletproof, depending on how you define it, but naturally bullets can't notably harm someone thousands of times stronger than them.

It doesn't matter if tens of people agree with you (although I find that hard to believe), that's an argument ad populum and doesn't address my own argument.

I mean, 15 kilojoules vs 1045.9 megajoules is a massive gap.of over 69726.66x

Any Human can nuke cities, so that means every human is city level. But since we nuke a city full of city level people, means we are even higher. Hence the infinite scaling chain.

I can bench more than a bullet, it's still going to kill me.

Not how it works anymore sadly. We're doing a revision to remove that kind of multiplier where you get a higher tier for killing multiple City level people and so on.

To defend this baseless logic, you have to make every single fodder and otherwise person within Assassins Creed, weapon, ect. 9-A. Also, I'm still laughing at the fact people believe Edward Kenway is going to stand there tanking .50 Caliber bullets.

I mean, piercing damage is gonna **** him up so no, Edward is gonna get shredded, but you keep ignoring that it exists.

But a 50 BMG on its own with just its energy yield and without any advantages of piercing damage? Yeah no, it won't work. But then it's not even a bullet anymore now is it?

And no, you don't have to make every single fodder in AC 9-A for that matter, by that logic every fodder in DB would have to be 9-B as well, which they are not.

Or 2-C Draugr in God of War. The logic falls apart, just because it takes multiple strikes to take down fodder gaurds in AC within gameplay when he one shots them in all trailers ect. Is asinine. Making everything that can harm edward within AC 9-A because it can harm him is beyond stupid, and baseless. If I picked up a rock in the AC verse and slam it over Edward's head and it either kills him or significantly hurts him, is that rock 9-A?

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Or 2-C Draugr in God of War. The logic falls apart, just because it takes multiple strikes to take down fodder gaurds in AC within gameplay when he one shots them in all trailers ect. Is asinine. Making everything that can harm edward within AC 9-A because it can harm him is beyond stupid, and baseless. If I picked up a rock in the AC verse and slam it over Edward's head and it either kills him or significantly hurts him, is that rock 9-A?
No one is even claiming this.

Again, piercing and slashing damage is wildly inconsistent.

You couldn't kill him with a rock unless you were at least comparable to or stronger than him. Also that's blunt force, not piercing or slashing damage.

And getting smacked while letting your guard down within fiction in general takes a massive hit on your dura regardless.

>Goku was hevily suppressed when that happened...

Not really, he felt pain, had a clear bruise, and even said he got hurt.

Nah, he clearly was slacking off on training and mostly holds back against humans. A LOT. Just ask Mr. Satan. Durability in Dragon Ball takes a massive hit if you let your guard down for even one second.

If he doesn't hold back he'd risk blowing up the universe every now and then.

That only happened because he was off guard. Anyway, this thread isn't about Goku, so we should probably drop this part of the argument now.

Either way, piercing damage being inconsistent in fiction means Arthur can damage Edward with his shots but like I already said, Edward's too good with stealth to let this happen. And once Edward closes the gap, which he absolutely can pull off more times than Arthur can even with both of them having similar abilities with Edward edging out with his knowledge of rainforests, he need only touch. That being said, let's stay on topic, hopefully I answered the question regarding piercing and slashing damage.

The thread isn't and I thought we resvoled this long ago, but apparently not. This belief that Higher tiers, even by a miniscule amount, are Invincible to lower terms in all lengths of imagination is absurd. Guns were created as an equalizer and meant to kill things much more powerful than we in terms of our physical AP. Hell, I can point of many tier 8 and 7 characters that can beat 90% of tier 2's. Edward can get killed by a flintlock, and somehow Arthur with much mroe technologically advanced weapons that have WAY better feats of destruction on humans consistently would bounce off of Edward's skull.

> Durability in Dragon Ball takes a massive hit if you let your guard down for even one second.

That's not durability, it's a ki based defense.

AGAIN, for the last time, no one is even claiming that being a tier higher makes you bulletproof. It doesn't. It varies between fiction to fiction. Yes we resolved this but you still keep bringing it up. Anyways, we're getting off-topic. Let's continue with the main thread.

> Either way, piercing damage being inconsistent in fiction means Arthur can damage Edward with his shots but like I already said, Edward's too good with stealth to let this happen. And once Edward closes the gap, which he absolutely can pull off more times than Arthur can even with both of them having similar abilities with Edward edging out with his knowledge of rainforests, he need only touch. That being said, let's stay on topic, hopefully I answered the question regarding piercing and slashing damage.

And for the 10th time, this was the reason the thread was created. Yet people keep bringing up Edward and how he would tank .50 cal bullets to the skull.

Back