• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arthur Morgan vs Edward Kenway

Ok, so if Arthur in any simulation tries to use his dynamite he's done for since it takes quite a bit to prepare and such. As stated, I showed possible win cons for Arthur, proving that the fight isn't a stomp, even if Edward has clear advantages in some areas, arthur does as well. I take it you're voting for Edward via superiority in hand to hand combat, close combat, and the ability to effectively close the distance to arthur?

Alright. I'm not counting the earlier votes since they were stomps as well, but I'll keep the one Incon unless he wishes to change it.

To sum up for anyone just glancing at the thread, Edward has better stealth tactics by far, and is extremely superior in close quarters combat. Edward has the ability to close the distance between him and Arthur, and if he gets close enough it's a definite win to him via superior AP and better weaponry and abilities in Close Quarters. Arthur has a clear range advantage in this situation with good preparation tactics, so he will more often than not take a defensive position. Arthur can amplify his statistics and senses via vials momentarily, on top of being able to amplify his speed massively, enabling him to increase his damage output ten fold. If Edward can not close the distance between the two, or gets spotted by arthur via his perception and Eagle Eye, then Arthur wins via superior ranged weaponry and damage output over time.

Edward is 1045.92 times stronger and more durable. Not even piercing damage will save Arthur here.

His explosives are also baseline 9-A, whereas Edward is nearly 50 times beyond that.

Again, being 7.5× stronger and more durable than your opponent allows you to one-shot and tank pretty much everything they can dish out.

This is a stomp. Arthur cannot harm Edward at all.

Well headshots can definitely kill Edward for sure, he got rekt by someone stabbing him from behind in the end but that's because Edward was tired out and let his guard down. So that's Arthur's only trump card in this situation.

Then again weapons in AC are far more OP than one could presumably think and even piercing weapons and smash pillars (Cesare blew open Micheletto's head with his pistol so...)

My god, I have pointed this out above. Piercing damage is totally different to explosive resistance. Kratos from God of War has universal durability, but has been shown to be susceptible to piercing feats and such. If kratos were to be shot it would pierce him and do damage, but because of Kratos' regen it wouldn't affect him. As demon killah stated above as well, Dante also has Universal Durability, and has been shot multiple times before, but his regen allowed it not to affect him at all. Edward DOESN'T have the regen to combat being shot multiple times, so if Edward is shot it is going to damage him.

Piercing damage ***** up everyone in AC every once in a while, but I kinda forgot to mention that the guns in AC are of the same caliber as in RDR2 (The novels are a tasty treat) so eh.

Most characters are often affected by piercing weaponry because said weaponry is at least somewhat on the level of the characters.

And the weaponry in Assassin's Creed is AP-wise far superior to RDR's weaponry.

I'm pretty sure that Edward got stabbed is either because of PIS or said character is strong as he, or as pointed out: Edward was weakened at that point so he got injured by weaker character.

Jamesthetaker said:
I'm pretty sure that Edward got stabbed is either because of PIS or said character is strong as he, or as pointed out: Edward was weakened at that point so he got injured by weaker character.
Edward got tired out, if he didn't, he would have won the fight and wouldn't end up dead. And technically Edward was kinda out of his prime by the last years of his life, and yes, the guy that killed him fought on par with Edward's son Haytham in later life.

@KLOL506

If that the case then why we even bother debating? This is obviously a stomp.

This version of Edward is at his prime and probably stronger and more cautious. I doubt any thing Arthur had could even scratch him a bit.

Ok, I will clear it up one last time. There are 3 ways Edward can counter arthur's weapons and bullets:

1. To be able to dodge them- Edward can not dodge arthur's weaponry as they are significantly faster than any weapon edward has come across as I stated earlier. Not to mention arthur can change his ammo types to significantly change the velocity and piercing ability of his ammo as well.

2. To be able to "tank" the shots, or have them bounce of his skin harmlessly- Edward has shown to be susceptible to piercing feats, and durability is meaningless to piercing feats, as I also stated above showing 2 Universal Characters with Universal Durability who can both be shot. Edward isn't having arthurs bullets bounce harmlessly off his skin like superman.

3. To have the regen to negate the damage- Both characters have the same regen, and both have shown the ability to keep going after being shot that would otherwise instantly Immobolize a normal person. Edward would definitely be able to take a couple gunshots no problem, but if the gunshot was extremely fatal Ex. Headshot, then Edward is done for right then and there.

Unless Edward becomes Neo and dodging bullets on reaction, or becomes Superman and bulletproof, there is nothing that implies Arthur's weapons would not pierce and damage Edward

I don't think that we even implement piercing damage in our current tiering system- but it will assurely not help you to kill someone over a thousand times more durable than you.

OK for the speed part, Edward scales to characters who are high-end Supersonic+ and have dodged bullets even faster than Arthur's, AKA the bullets are not even gonna be a the least of his problems. The weapon type alone isn't enough, covering more distance than the bullet alone would increase the character's speed. Look at Kiryu or Deadpool for example, the guns they dodge rounds from are half the speed of Arthur's rifle, but they're Hypersonic regardless because they covered considerably more distance than the bullet itself.

Yes, I do agree that edward would most likely be able to dodge normal bullets from arthur's pistols, but any other weapon with different ammo types would be way too fast for Edward. Even so, this is the only thing that Edward "could" do, other than that he is done.

@Obi2cool4kenobi

Yeah, no. Edward is like high-end 9-A, Arthur is only 9-B at best. That is a big different, my friend. Arthur bullets or weapons ain't gonna harm him single bit.

It's like using normal guns against tank.

Ironically, Neo bullet-timing is only Supersonic for dodging Deagle rounds.

He was specifically talking about the bullet speed tho, not Arthur's speed.

When did higher durability equal bulletproof? As I will point out agai , there are universal durability characters who can still be pierced and damaged by bullets.

Because usually said bullets are waaaaaaaaay more overpowered than IRL ones.

@Obi2cool4kenobi: And I will point out again that those weapons are usually at least somewhere around their level of durabilty, which is not the case here.

They are stated to be more powerful ?

Edit: ah, you're talking about other guns

Well no, take Dante's example, pierced by Lady's guns

In the end, it has to be shown within the verse how piercing feats work, because in most cases piercing feats and objects bypass durability. Edward has shown countless times to be susceptible to piercing feats, and guns as well.

Back