• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arthur Morgan vs Edward Kenway

That's all I wanted. People were saying it was a stomp off of some headcanon and NLF belief that Edward was somehow immune to piercing damage. If you believe Edward would win via stealth tactics and such then yes that is beyond reasonable and accurate.

Jamesthetaker said:
Super Shotgu is a good example, it does function same as real world but in it own verse, it was demonstrated as being stronger than real world counterpart.
That has clear consistent feats of being above irl, unlike what we see in AC where I've only seen one feat listed that is dubious.

I should point out that we shouldn't be underestimating Arthur's stealth skills and perception to his surroundings just because Edward is an assassin. Arthur has Eagle Eye as well, and can even see people's odor in the air, along with seeing their outline.

Yes but Edward seem to have better one so i'll go with him. Edward play stealth more than Arthur so he know not to face him directly.

Sure, but if Edward gets in view to See him or use his eagle eye, it's very probably that Arthur will see him as well and use his as well. It all depends on how close can Edward get before he gets spotted?

Edward really doesn't like underestimating anything in general unless it's his friends, allies, family or people really close to him. So that part's covered. Arthur's stealth is great and all, but Assassins in general are just more versatile and prone to adapt to their surroundings.

And Edward really doesn't need to be visible to detect Arthur's presence. He could literally be hiding out of sight inside a pile of leaves and would detect you from quite a considerable distance.

I was siding with you or the most part btw. This IMO could go both ways, and it literally depends on a couple meters. IF edward can get within 15 meters it's over.

Oh he's definitely gonna be capable of pulling that off. Like I mentioned before, Edward's considerably more experienced in rainforests and temples than Arthur is and the evidence speaks for itself.

That's why I chose Edward. Any other assassin was trained to blend in with crowds and such, and would stand out in a forest. Edward is in his habitat in this scenario, and it's testing his capability to close the distance on a target that with the slightest misstep or mistake will know where he is, and will most likely know his general direction at all times.

" via Eagle Eye, can pinpoint objects, locations of interest and uncover trails gone cold. Can tell if something is wrong or if something dangerous is about to happen well before it takes place by analyzing his surroundings, allowing him to prepare accordingly. "

It seems like a few users have reached the conclusion that this might be a stomp. However, if you guys wish to continue debating, then I'll simply move this to the Fun and Games Board.

Well there really wasn't a need for it since we managed to conclude otherwise.

Also for the Speed Enhancement thingy, Arthur's only gonna activate it if he can properly get Edward in his line of sight, but again, Edward just does it better in a forest like this.

I have proved beyond a doubt it isn't a stomp, and someone has voted for arthur. I have even had people change their opinion on the topic, and while they are still voting for Edward, it is via his stealth tactics and such which is what I wanted, not that is he is somehow bulletproof.

I've moved the thread back to the Versus Threads Board. However please remember to make a Content Revision Thread if you have a problem with any of the characters' tiering.

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
I've moved the thread back to the Versus Threads Board. However please remember to make a Content Revision Thread if you have a problem with any of the characters' tiering.
Tiering's not the problem. It's the issue of bullets, which has been done to death many times IIRC.

You know, we keep arguring about how Arthur gun can harm Edward despite the different in tier and vice verse, in the end, both sides isn't satisfied with the result and just going in a circle with no end. This is just wasting us time and power if we keep on this, we both want answers so i think:

@Obi2cool4kenobi

I suggest you create i thread asking about this issue: How Edward can be harmed by normal bullets through entire game or something like that. Maybe someone can give a better answers than us. Until then we should stop debate til you get a right answer.

C'mon man, we just got the thread back on track. There is nothing that suggests that Edward would not be harmed by arthurs guns, not even talking about killing him. We have moved on with Edward being able to be killed by Arthur's guns sine that seems like the most consistent showing.

Jamesthetaker said:
You know, we keep arguring about how Arthur gun can harm Edward despite the different in tier and vice verse, in the end, both sides isn't satisfied with the result and just going in a circle with no end. This is just wasting us time and power if we keep on this, we both want answers so i think:
@Obi2cool4kenobi

I suggest you create i thread asking about this issue: How Edward can be harmed by normal bullets through entire game or something like that. Maybe someone can give a better answers than us. Until then we should stop debate til you get a right answer.
PIS or piercing damage dumbforkery. Characters in other medium get hit by bullets despite being tiers above them. Like Goku for example.

Basically piercing damage is a key thing in AC.

Same in Yakuza, all the characters are 9-A yet get crippled when shot

The reason why piercing feats are not debated like this is because almost all piercing feats by themselves with no other hax (power null, absorption, ect.) are easily countered by even a relative regen.

Believe me or not but most of members of this site could easily call this a stomp by just looking at their AP alone. KLOL506 kinda just vote becaue he ignored the tier different, i myself just did that for fun, you know?

No offensive but you really need to someone to explain this for you. Half of us already got tired of this.

They would but then piercing damage exists so I really can't say much about that regard.

Jamesthetaker said:
Believe me or not but most of members of this site could easily call this a stomp by just looking at their AP alone. KLOL506 kinda just vote becaue he ignored the tier different, i myself just did that for fun, you know?
No offensive but you really need to someone to explain this for you. Half of us already got tired of this.
This

Ok. I want to know, is a flintlock pistol in assassins creed black flag stronger and a higher tier than a Browning M2? A browning M2 is 9-B.

Back