• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master Chief vs Arthur Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Master Chief without his armor, vs a Healthy Arthur Morgan. (9-B)

Speed Equalized.

Arthur has all of his equipment. John is wearing ODST armor, and is carrying an MA5B, Deployable Cover, and a Type 51 Carbine at the start of the battle. Z-250 Lightrifle, and a Type-33 Needler can be found on the battlefield.

No prep time, random encounter.

Battle takes place in the town of Valentine.

Victory via death.

Who wins and why?

Arthur:0

Chief 3 GojiBoyForever, Milly Rocking Bandit , KnightOfSunlight

Inconclusive: 0

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Voting Arthur via Analytical Prediction, and Deadeye+Vital Shots ad his first move.
That's not nearly enough reasoning to warrant a vote. Give more please.

Deadeye slows Arthur's perception of time, while he in character instantly aims for vital spots with his strongest guns. Analytical Prediction allows him to dodge anything Chief throws out.

Deadeye slows Arthur's perception of time, while he in character instantly aims for vital spots with his strongest guns. Analytical Prediction allows him to dodge anything Chief throws out.
Spartans are already capable of this thanks to their augmentations. John has far better eyesight, and experience than Arthur does.

I don't think you have much knowledge on Halo, as you've given literally 0 thought to any of John's abilities or feats.

GojiBoyForever said:
No need to get confrontational right off the bat.
Stating a direct fact is not "being confrontational". Just saying "Muh x ability winz" is not good enough of a reason. Especially when you don't consider any of the other character's abilities.

Ah..

Well John definitely has more experience and better feats than Arthur, even without his suit he can dodge bullets at point blank range. It was stated that he has natural night vision sight without his suit.

Voting Chief Boi

I'm sorry when did Arthur ever dodge bullets? Unless you consider running for cover is dodging bullets?

ShisuiXItachi said:
Ah..
Well John definitely has more experience and better feats than Arthur, even without his suit he can dodge bullets at point blank range. It was stated that he has natural night vision sight without his suit.

Voting Chief Boi
Okay. But you still need to take Arthur's own feats, abilities and whatnot into consideration. Having night vision doesn't matter here, and speed is equalized.

Need more reasoning to have a solid vote.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Spartans are already capable of this thanks to their augmentations. John has far better eyesight, and experience than Arthur does.
I don't think you have much knowledge on Halo, as you've given literally 0 thought to any of John's abilities or feats.
Yeah, I do have zero knowledge on Halo, hence why I listed ARTHUR'S reasoning for winning, genius. Deadeye isn't better eyesight, it's just perception of time, which slows drastically upon instinct, which is his first move.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Yeah, I do have zero knowledge on Halo, hence why I listed ARTHUR'S reasoning for winning, genius. Deadeye isn't better eyesight, it's just perception of time, which slows drastically upon instinct, which is his first move.
The profiles are there. As a VS debater, you have to look at the opposing character's profile and then draw a conclusion. You don't just list off some ability and declare one character the winner. That ain't how this works. Neither of these guys are haxxed to hell like Darth Nihilius or something. You need to provide reasoning well beyond "time slow beats all". Especially considering that John is more durable than pretty much any enemy in RDR2.

GojiBoyForever said:
If someone wins because of a certain ability than that's how it is.
No it isn't. This isn't a hax battle. Master Chief is very good at aim dodging, and he isn't going to sit perfectly still like many RDR2 enemies tend to do. He has decades of experience fighting in situations much like this.

I don't doubt that Dead Eye is a stupidly usefull power. But I'm not convinced that the battle would end so quickly.

Dead Eye gives him way too much time to target Chief anywhere he wants and fire stupidly fast I dont see Chief's solution to that.

Actually, yes, a single ability can be the deciding factor of a match, especially if it's their first move and in character.
You know one thing that many of Arthur's easy kills with Dead Eye have in common? They're far slower than him in real-time. (Not equalized like here). They don't have decades of experience in far more dangerous and intense shootouts. They often can't aim-dodge weapons far faster than their reaction times. And they don't move and jump around like a Superhuman.

GojiBoyForever said:
Equalizing speed doesn't nullify Dead Eye's affects though.
And Dead Eye doesn't negate the fact that Master Chief has 10 x the agility, and experience of anyone in RDR2.

Sure, he could take Master Chief out. But he's gonna make Arthur work for it. I just feel you two are downplaying the Halo side.

I don't even watch/play Halo, I literally just listed Arthur's reasoning? How could I downplay anything I don't know?
You could look at the profile?

I actually think that Arthur likely does win here. But you guys are describing a stomp, not a fight. And I think that Master Chief would make Arthur work for it, not go down in a matter of seconds as you're describing. That is all.

GojiBoyForever said:
Experience doesn't exactly mean much if you get shot before you really have a chance to react to it.
What you are describing is a stomp.

To make it more even, I'm going to give MC some ODST armor so he won't instantly die from Arthur's opening move. My bad, the OP implied that MC is naked.

Nah it's not a stomp I don"t think

Both characters have several methods of winning, including options that allow them to win instantly. However, one character can reliably use/activate their winning move(s) first.

What you describe is an opening move that gives the other character little-no chance of a counterattack or otherwise. That is exactly what a stomp is.

Saying this match with the previous conditions isn't a stomp is kinda like saying Darth Nihilus draining someone's lifeforce in the blink of an eye is not a stomp. Because the other character has a "chance" of victory.

If Chief has armor he probably has enough durability to take a few hits and set up his cover.

And Milly, Chief naturally perceives time akin to Deadeye. It's not an advantage in this fight.

"A SPARTAN-II's reaction time, while impossible to chart accurately, is estimated to be twenty milliseconds. Their reaction times are significantly faster in combat situations or with A.I. assistance. The reaction times of the SPARTAN-IIs are so fast that they are able to think, react and see things happen in slow motion. This phenomenon is nicknamed "SPARTAN Time" by Kelly-087." - The Halo Wiki

Ok is it reaction time or perception manipulation which is mentioned nowhere on the profile. And the match would be decisive not a stomp.

I think the issue there is that people are going off the fact that Deadeye is a boost in reaction time in RDR, rather than natural reactions that would be affected by a speed-equalized match.

Not that it ultimately matters, since Chief having armor would give him more than enough durability to withstand the initial shots from Morgan's firearm, Deadeye or not.

And I really, really, really don't want to stoke the fires of this, but...

When you go into a vs thread, you really should look at both profiles and analyze both of them, especially if you have no knowledge on one side. It is an intellectually dishonest and morally suspect thing to do, since it implies you aren't voting based on actual logic analysis and facts, and off of which character you like more.

I get irked when DMC supporters do it, and I am one. I get irked when anyone does. It is far better to start by asking "How does x get around y's ability/abilities?" rather than entering with "Y wins because of these."

Not only does the first option allow you to honestly consider the fight and find out more from knowledgables, the second option will outright piss off the opposing side, which ensures they will never see your point even if you are right.

Milly, you did not state "These are the ways Arthur can win." You stated "These are the reasons why Arthur wins." and then admitted to having not looked at or researched to any level on his opposition. It is the antithesis of productive debate to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back