• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master Chief vs Arthur Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Arthur starts off with point blank shots from his Shotgun (Witch he never does), it's highly unlikely his initial volley will kill MC since he has some armor now.

This sets the match up to...actually be a good match worth discussing and not just a stomp decided in a matter of seconds.

Edit: Also removed the Sticky Grenade.

I gotta wonder though. Could Arthur figure out how to use either of the weapons on the battlefield if he got to them?

Probably not. They take Chief either having instructions from Cortana or being told how to use them from pre-battle prep, when he was first introduced to them. I also don't think he would pick them up since well... uh... they look kinda comical? Arthur probably would think its some weird piece of metal or something and not give it much thought.

I have some more thing to go over in a bigger post but that's later.

ShisuiXItachi said:
Pretty sure those bullets would bounce off Master Chief's armor giving him enough time to literally rip Arthur in half.
Yes, I think it should be fairly obvious that an armored Master Chief can just walk through Arthur's shots and tear him apart without even trying. I shouldn't have to explain that a 9-A Spartan in full armor completely destroys a guy whose only 9-A option involves dynamite that he has a limited supply of, especially when said guy is 9-B and not even all that far into the tier. (And double-especially when said dynamite has no calc that justifies its rating whatsoever)

Do I need to close this, or can this be edited again so that the match is actually fair?

Big post time now...

Chief is the better tactician. He's the smarter fighter. He's more experienced. He's extremely adept at planning and out-thinking opponents.

If Chief has time to think, to exit the direct line of fire and come up with a plan, he can more than likely pull it off.

Even in a straight gunfight, Chief would likely win... If it weren't for Arthur's Deadeye.

Since speed is equal, Arthur's amp is a massive boon. But, because of Chief's armor, he can likely take a volley of bullets from Arthur's cattleman or lower caliber rifles, and figure out that something is up. Even if he is hit, his pain tolerance means it wouldn't affect him much unless it's a direct hit to the skull, which is now protected by one of the tougher pieces of armor in Halo.

So effectively, either Chief manages to outwit Arthur from the start, or Chief takes a volley of fire and then figures out he needs to rely on his wits and plan it out more.

In short, Chief uses his skill, planning, and experience to win. With his deploayble cover he can block a large amount of shots, and his Carbine will bur hard when it hits, enough to put Arthur in crippling agony

And if they do get in to CQC range... that's not a fight. That's Chief ripping a man to shreds with raw power and skill.

I didn't realize it was unthinkable for a character to be able to get a piece of equipment that fodders get, but okay. You wanna close this King, or will I have to do it myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back