• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is the director of Arifureta, he has worked on a lot of trash anime, no wonder its bad.

Checked if any staff was announced for Re Zero season 2, there aren't any, so hope we get the same people again.

I just started reading this manga and...it took an unexpected twist in the ideology of the main character. I thought it was one of those generic ones but this is a pretty nice twist in his attitude.

The manga also skips a lot of details so i would recommend reading the LN, but if you don't like reading LN's, that's fine i guess.

I don't mind reading LNs. I think I'll read through the manga than go through the LNs to get all this engrained. Like the basic premise and story stuff like that.

Oh ok, well you have a lot of reading to do then cause i remember the first LN volume being like 400 pages, the usual length of a volume is like 300+ pages i think.

Which goes to show what a trainwreck the anime is to skip 1/4 of volume 1.

After you're done with the LN, you should switch over to the WN, no difference between the two except the LN has more stuff like side stories.

I should reread the LN at some point since i did so years ago, i probably missed some stuff.

After the catastrophe of the anime, i feel motivated to reread the series especially since i only read the LN up to like volume 5 or 6, and the translations of the WN are subpar for the main stories, though it's not bad.

The LN uses different translations for skills and what not so a lot of what's on the profiles should be renamed, also profiles need to be made for the other classmates, and other characters in general.

Gonna finish the VN i am reading and then go back through the LN.

Thought I'd bring this up, if anyone wants an in-depth analysis of how shit the adaptation is, here's a fun little video from Digibro: https://youtu.be/Vm9-P8pZ-dQ

It says part 1, but don't bother with part 2, it's pretty obvious that he couldn't come up with enough to talk about that wouldn't just be repeat criticism, since it covers the same amount of anime, it's half the length of the first part, and even half of that is about stuff unrelated to the episode itself (a half assed explanation of the production issues, and him complaining about Isekai). It's clear to me he promised a part two and then started trying to finish it in a day only to realize he didn't have enough content to hit that lovely 10 minute video peak monetization mark.

Also, CP, breathe a sigh of release, apparently White Fox only did the pre-production and got forced to hand it over to someone else (because the author was unhappy with the drafts of the character designs, oh boy did that bite him in the ass), who took their notes and gave us this garbage pile. So we don't need to worry about Re:Zero.

Asread is a crap studio, but yea that first key art by White Fox was terrible, but instead we got this crap adaptation, still with that crap art from before, don't think it would have gone well since the anime was to air like the spring of that year or something.

Maybe with White Fox we would have had crap art but otherwise decent adaption, still seems this adaptation was doomed to fail.

So watched episode 2, surprisingly nowhere near as bad as episode 1.

Pacing isn't a catastrophe albiet it still skips stuff but all anime adaptations do that, and the animation isn't garbage.

WTF was the studio smoking when they made episode 1? It's like they just immediately wanted to get into the action and edgy parts.

Episode 2 actually gives an explanation that they are in another world, they could have done this from the start but instead they just decided to get to right into the action.

I've watched both episode:

• The first one was terrible for the reason CP already gived, zero introduction, who is the MC, why he is here, and many question, the animation is pretty meh and the staging was terrible (the moment when Nagumo became a dark sasuke) + the dubstep music which don't fit with this kind of anime (dark feeling you know), i didn't read the LN but the manga was way way better concerning all those point
  • The second one was not bad, animation still have a problem but they tried to to somethings with staging and this episode mainly explain most of the stuffs the first episode didn't explain still, i've no real problem with flashback but the way they make them is a bit ridiculous, they make a bunch of flashback for explain things but didn't make an entire episode (or two) to explain the same things but better and not rushed? that make no real sense
I'll start the LN soon.

The first episode should have ended with him falling into the abyss, there shouldn't have been anything about him transforming.

The link to the LN is in the op, i updated it recently, the old one actually was the WN, so i read that years ago and not the LN.

The LN has added some abilities like resistances or i might have missed those, but others are slightly different.

Either way 5 volumes in a lot of abilities are missing from the current profiles, and characters and abilities have to be renamed.

Also heard one of the arcs was either rewritten or stuff was added to so looking forward to see the slight differences since overall the story is the same from what i heard.

Wow that's quite an upgrade she got there.

Ehito hasn't shown up in the LN yet i think so who knows if he got some more abilities.

I am just waiting for the afterstories to progress to year 6 where the new threat shows up. The story has already introduced the concept of yggdrasil and the 9 worlds, each with different flows of time, we just need some ultra god of the multiverse to show up and Hajime and co to whoop him.

Depends if the afterstories will be adapted, it's as long as the main story at this point.

The main story should be done in another 3 or 4 volumes i think. Think the author said the after stories would be adapted.

The afterstories have short stuff and long story arcs, so guessing the arcs will get a volume each and the shorter stuff will be like bonus/extra stuff at the end of a volume.

So far we just got a tease that a new threat is coming but nothing has been elaborated on yet, and the author is busy doing Arifureta and Arifureta Zero LN, so doubt it happens anything soon.

We know that by then Hajime mastered infinite energy, and before he said if he could do that he could control infinite heat, so by year 6 he is probably High 3-A.

Can you help me a bit? I've finished the volume 1 and I really enjoyed the Classmates side (since it's isn't in the manga), can you tell me which chapter mainly talk about the classmate and the social influence between the royality and the eglise?

Light novel chapter?

We do get more interactions between them, and the church does have a large influence on the world, should be pretty clear from what Oscur the Liberator said, obviously we see more as the story goes on.

Volume 6 is a direct confrontation between Hajime and the church and a pretty major event happens with the royalty and the classmates.

Egilise is a weird word lol, had to look it up.

There isn't really a conflict between the two, i guess there is, don't know if you want spoilers, but what you're looking for is in volume 6.

Just finished volume 8, just have volume 9 left.

Have to say the LN makes Hajime's development more obvious and understandable.

Not caring about anything except going home>not caring about anything except Yue and going home>Slowly trying to care for others again>his personality from before evolving and after fusing, so his kindness and ruthlessness are both there now.

Kouki and co probably need an upgrade scaling to the turtle who shock a labyrinth floor, each floor being several kilometers, think that will probably give city block level results.

Also multiple statements of Shizuku and Pre-God's Apostle Kaori bieng FTL, so a speed upgrade is in order.

Watched the episode 3 (yea i'am late)

This episode was cool concerning the level of the series (it's basically cool for this anime, not comparing into other), relation Yue and Hajime is cute (a bit weird sometime but eh! it's legit, 300 years old loli), there is still unseless flashback of the classmate but it's not rly important.

Honorable mention to Kouki's armor, it make me laught a lot, it's too ridiculous.

Eventually Yue does get an adult form, oh and i think next episode or the one after will be when Yue "attacks" Hajime and he becomes a man ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

A hero has to be flashy i guess. It matches his ridiculous personality.

Yea i'm remember, i can't wait lol

Kouki from the manga have a far better charadesign than the anime (which adapt the novel so i guess he has the same in the novel too)

I'am at 70-75% of the volume 1, i have some irl stuff to handle so i can't read much. but after this week, i could probably read the other volumes

I thought the cgi in episode 1 was bad, cgi of the hydra in episode 4 is far worse.

At this point, pretty much torturing myself to watch the anime.

Lol, @The Causality, episode 4's pacing felt so slow honestly.

I honestly would recommend reading the manga over watching the anime since it further ahead and better paced.

This link could help: https://************.com/manga/arifureta_shokugyou_de_sekai_saikyou_2

Read the Light novel, the manga also has atrocious pacing, skips too much.

Episode 4 was ok, sans the bad cgi.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Read the Light novel, the manga also has atrocious pacing, skips too much.
Episode 4 was ok, sans the bad cgi.
Yeah, bad cgiand I noticed the fight was meant to be long long in the manga so the pacing was alright for an episode;

Gotcha, I will the read LN Volume 1-3 later for the skips contents so thank for the info :)

I am reading the LN now from the manga ending which stop mid way in the LN Volume 3 from this past 3 days so I am currently in the Volume 4.

Wow, I am fast!

Just finishing volume 7 and going to Volume 8

Here was a moment

Arifureta Volume 7 chapter 2
"Not possible. We crushed his balls in front of his eyes, restored them before he lost consciousness, then did it again over and over until he finally talked. No guy could withstand that kind of torture. Even I felt kinda bad for him after we were done. Poor guy was a mess."

As expected of the ball crusher couple.

Arifureta doesn't take itself too seriously, it's as much a comedy as an action fantasy imo.

I do enjoy it's style of comedy, especially in the afterstories, cause the afterstories are even more so not serious.

So what do you think of the series so far?

@Celestial Pegasus, so far, it good and it has been fun; I expected character like Kaori Shirasaki to not grow but I was happy that I had my expectations subverted with characters' growth.! I am already in Volune 8 chapter 4; Honestly, I am happy so far especially with Hajime's character's growth in the Volume 8.

Reading the LN, i think the growth comes across better, Arifureta is a story of regaining lost humanity imo.

Hajime doesn't care about revenge, he just desires to return home, and his rule of killing his enemies was basically what kept him from going insane.

If not for Yue, he would indeed be a razor sharp edgelord who kills everything and anything, Shea and the rest caused him to care for things other than returning home and Yue.

Hence why i do now think the harem situation added something to the story, if it wasn't for the harem, Hajime wouldn't have regained as much of his humanity as he did.

Contrary to what some people think Hajime isn't as much of an edgelord as they think.

Anyway favorite female characters? In ranking my list goes Yue>Shea>Shizuku>Kaori>Tio

Volume 9 will touch on Shizuku's development, though vol 9 was short and stopped in the middle, think vol 10 will end on a cliffhanger, the english translation isn't coming for a while though.

I think your view of theme is correct since Hajime become a better character after regaining his humanity.

I can agree how Hajime's mindsets help keep him safe, how Yue, harmer and others prevented him from becoming a major edgelord and also helped him gain his humanity.

Honestly, speaking before the anime and reading ahead in the manga, based in his profile's pic, I thought Hajime was major edgelord, lol!

I don't have a true favorite female characters list yet as I was waiting to finish the LN Volune 9 but I think my list will be identical your :)

Thanks for the head up, I will be excited to see the development! I am quite patient, I am willing to wait for the new volumes, hahaha!

In any case, I might be reading the volumes for a while so just in case later, @Celestial Pegasus!

Hajime's appearance is due to him being a chunni, his favorite anime character looked like that, so he copied the look.

Also think the quote on his profile gives the impression of him being a major edgelord, that quote was from like vol 4 if i remember correctly, vol 9 Hajime is different from vol 4 Hajime.

Anyway enjoy your reading, i gotta catch up on some anime, will soon be getting on an airplane to go back home.

Just noticed something, Schalgen was stated to be like 3x stronger than Donner if i remember correctly, Hajime with Donner could contend with an Apostle, Miledi Reise, Naiz Gruen Caliente, and Oscar Orcus had to triple team to contend with an Apostle.

Miledi, Oscar etc all can fight with Leviathan who can create storms via existing after being unsealed.

In short Post Evolution Hajime is City level with various things like Limit Break, Overload, Schalgen, and Pile Bunker since it's like his strongest attacking thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back