• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, 9-B is a very large tier, the gap is 1394.67x to be exact.

Kouki only scales above a far weaker version of him who destroyed a wall, a 3x boost with limit break won't cover that gap.

Ah. Crap. Least I know now.

But yeah, I really need to get back to my novels, especially this and VHD. I swear I'll find one passive ability for this verse, lol.

Don't think any passive abilities exist, but good luck i guess.

I mean Shea's precog is passive, it automatically activates when she or anyone she cares for is in danger, so there is that but there is no offensive passive ability that i can remember.

I shall go on the quest for such ability!

But I'm sad now. Knowing that it's gotten 2 bad adaptations, I doubt much art will spawn of the characters.

We can't have nice things it seems.

It's sad that Arifureta always sells well but continuously gets shit adaptations, it had so much potential.

When an anime is shit you can usually lean back on the manga, but for Arifureta we don't even have that.

Web novel.

180 chapters of it covers the main story, and the rest are after stories which are still ongoing.

The light novel has 9 volumes out and translated and is at around chapter 142 of the web novel. The story is the same in both but the light novel adds extra stuff and expands on things.

I would recommend reading the light novel then switching over to the web novel.

The afterstories are sort of all over the place it jumps around in the timeline, some are short while others are long story arcs.

Coolio, thank you very much.

Also question, I know the story starts out super edgy but does it stay that way? Either way is fine with me, just curious

The afterstories are pretty much comedy, i occasionally chuckle when reading them.

Hajime mellows out a lot over the course of the series, so no to your question of it staying edgy.

I think Arifureta is misunderstood, even i changed my opinions on it after reading the light novel recently. It's not a revenge story, Hajime isn't out to murder everything, he just wants to go home, and will kill any obstacles in his way.

Hajime lost his humanity due to what happened to him and he slowly regains it over the course of the series.

Didn't think the anime would adapt volume 4 when it started, but hey we got to see myu i guess while butchering everything else.

Speaking of myu planning on making a profile for her though will have to relook at some things in the afterstories to do that, just remember her taking out some terrorist.

-I have been more busy irl to reply for a reply and continue mucj of the serie.

The anime is heck of fast in pacing, butchring asides, I am impress at the pace.

Myu being be 9-B would actually be cool, to me.

Think for now, she hasn't have much feats to make a profile, all she has done is beat a bunch of terrorists, her golem though are arguable High 6-A since they are inhabited by the rulers of hell and we have seen other rulers of hell having age of god magi and harming Hajime.

In the future though i think she will probably be more broken than Hajime and co, she is a disciple of all them and is learning their abilities.

Shait, this is one of the most broken glass cannon shaits! Too bad, Shuna would be more broken from what I know.

Probable, true, that she will get more OP much later, Celestial Pegasus

Heyo. After watching the anime, then reading the LN all the way up to volume 7, can safely say it's not as bad as most people say it is, but definitely has its flaws. Enjoyed it nonetheless.

Any chance for a season 2?

Why would you want a season 2 after the hot garbage that is season 1? I want a reboot not a season 2, or if a season 2 does happen somehow, which i doubt it since even the japanese fans were complaining about the anime, i want another studio to do it.

That would make sense. I definitely enjoyed the light novels more, and I do agree the anime was utter trash. The series had a lot of potential, especially as an anime, but it was all flushed down the toilet.

Only reason I'm asking is because it would be sad to see the series just die out, but I think I agree with how a reboot is preferable.

I think I grasp your opinion of the anime. What is your opinion on the LN?

The manga is also trash so regardless Arifureta will just never get the recognition it deserves.

I think the LN is good, it has it's issues but i am entertained. With Arifureta, i think you shouldn't take it too seriously. It's an action fantasy series, but has a bit of comedy too.

Comedy is subjective but it appeals to my taste.

Arifureta is misunderstood as a revenge story, when Hajime doesn't care about that, his goal is going home.

As for his edginess, some people wanted Hajime to be a killing monster, but that was never a possibility once Yue came into the story, Hajime regains his humanity as the series progresses.

So overall i would say Arifureta is about regaining lost humanity.

Apologies for the late reply. I was busy.

I see. Yeah, there was definitely parts where I chuckled or laughed a bit.

That's actually a good way of putting the series, and it actually fits the bill now that I think about it. Hajime (Where I'm at, anyways) will do things and put plans on hold for the sake of his comrades' happiness. How interesting.

He has a rule of killing his enemies, which is what kept him sane in the abyss.

He didn't care for anything except going back home, then he met Yue and then he basically didn't care for anything except Yue and going back home.

The more people he meets ie Shea, Tio etc, the more people he cares for, until eventually as you will see in volume 8 i think, Hajime from the past and the current Hajime fuse so to speak, so he has that kindness from before while still being ruthless to his enemies.

The afterstories also shed light on this, when Hajime and co return to Tortus with their parents, Hajime admits Shea and others caused him to care for other people again besides Yue again.

As i said before some ppl complain about him being wishy washy, that despite being edgy in their opinion he listens and cares for his comrades, but that's a thing called character development.

He cares deeply for his comrades, but ultimately Hajime isn't gonna be a guy like Kouki who wants to save everyone and save the world, he doesn't care about that, but if you hurt his comrades he will kill you.

This happens later on where he only cared about going back home and his comrades, but a certain someone got in the way so he killed him and he saved the world in the process, but he didn't intend on doing that.

He is also very much aware he is a murderer and is scared his parents won't accept him because of what he became, when he first killed a person, on the surface it looked like he felt nothing but below that he was scared.

Anyway volume 9 touches on that too.

The people who wanted him to be a personality-less killing machine sound like the people who like Irregular at Magic Highschool and were upset that Shirou defeated Gilgamesh

At the very least saying Hajime is 1 dimension or an edgelord is wrong, and imo those people obviously haven't paid attention to the story.

Then again the anime and manga do a horrible job at adapting the light novel, so could see why people get that impression from them.

Even then though in the anime Hajime meets Hiyama again and doesn't care despite the fact he knows he tried to kill him, if he was an edgelord Hiyama would have been dead from then, but instead it's when Hiyama's action lead to what happened to Kaori in vol 6, that he decided to kill him.

I agree with Celestial Pegasus' points. I did want him to be edgelord in at least taking revenge against Hiyama but the duded wasn't much anymore after he meet Yui.

Hiyama is so insignificant, Hajime didn't care, Hiyama is fodder to him, but then he had to go and harm Kaori, so Hajime ended him.

He went through life and death battles with Yue and spent months with her, so cared for her. Yue's world also revolves around Hajime, she spent 300 years alone in darkness after all.

So as i said before the two of them wouldn't have care for anyone other themselves if Shea didn't show up, afterstories tell us this.

But yea, the possibility of Hajime being a complete edgelord who kills everything ended when he met Yue.

Speaking of the afterstories, in the Kouki arc where he undergoes his development, it's mentioned how Hajime contrast to Kouki, where Hajime tries to protect those he cares for and not the world while Kouki who underwent development to not being so naive anymore and willing to kill, will still continue to struggle trying to protect the world.

Hajime is foil to Kouki, who is the standard isekai protag, though probably taken to an extreme.

Okay so, quick question.

What are considered elemental magic in Arifureta?

Like, what magic/abilities would someone with "All Elements Affinity: Increases affinity for all elements." get?

Light, dark, earth, water, fire and wind.

Though just remembered that dark magic isn't what you would think, from what i remember it's stuff like mind hax.

Dark magic influences the target's thoughts and perception, so a resistance to it isn't a resistance to darkness manipulation but mind manipulation likewise the ability isn't darkness manipulation but mind manipulation.

Need to change that on the profiles.

How on earth is this possible? Arifureta got a 2nd season.

Link here.

Why are we here just to suffer?

Apparently Arifureta was one of the top-recorded late night anime in Japan this season, and it was among the top shows on international streaming platforms too.

Sigh, lets hope the production of the anime isn't shit next season but considering Asread got rewarded for their shit production, i have extremely low expectations they will change anything.

The Japanese liked it somehow.

Can't wrap my head around this.

I know Arifureta's LN sells good, but still the anime was objectively garbage.

Only thing we can do now is hope the studio improves on the 2nd season but doubt it.

Crt thread changing resistance to dark magic being resistance to darknesss manipulation, to resistance to mind manipulation and perception manipulation.

Also just realized this thread has been open for almost 2 years now, it's funny to think i made this thread and the one for tensei at the same time but this is still on the first and tensei is on #14.

Not to mention tensei manga ranks in the top 10 of manga sales in general, while arifureta also has a shit manga.

Arifureta is just plagued with shit adaptations.

Quick question. I'm about to finish Arifureta's LN series (Volume 9). Is there anything after that? Because I'm not seeing anything in the mega.nz page.

If there's not, I'm planning on moving on to the WN. Are the WN and LN drastically different? Or do they diverge at some point, similar to TRSH?

Kuroiha said:
If there's not, I'm planning on moving on to the WN. Are the WN and LN drastically different? Or do they diverge at some point, similar to TRSH?
Can I ask what TRSH stands for?

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed you meant Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back