• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Aquaman has like nothing for his page. So time to match him up with tons of fights. First fight is the guy everyone fights. The guy everyone is.

Sans

Speed is equalized

Takes place in the underground by the lake

Both are willing to kill

And all and such. Here ya go: who wins and why?

Aquaman (Post-Crisis): 9

Sans:

Inconclusive/Draw:

I'm going with Aquaman. He doesn't resist soul manipulation which gives Sans a chance but with AM's experience and massive training advantages, he should be able to hit Sans once. Teleportation is annoying but I'm willing to bet AM can eventually deal with it. Plus he has a plethora of attacks which Sans can't have dealt with before, and could finish Sans off with almost any of them.

AM with small difficulty

It's not just Sans teleporting, it Sans teleporting his attacks at AM from any angle and even teleporting AM into attacks. Brawlers can't beat Sans. His moveset is designed around beating the haxless.

Aquaman isn't just a brawler. Aquaman has dozens of range attacks.

And honestly. Sans has never. At any point in the series, used teleportation as a method for dodging. Never. Not in his fight at all. Everyone jumps to that. But that's not a good reason. He took in character. Even when he is mad.

And he also has Precognition. A good way to avoid attacks and be considered the faster one technically.

Yes, but none of his ranged attacks are faster than bones sticking out of the ground as far as I remember, and his soul isn't holding up long at all against an assault.

Because he never needed to. The one time he is hit he was caught of guard, so he didn't know he should use it. He also actively teleports the enemy to stop them from dodging, and him slamming you to one side (because there is zero reason to assume you just went in circles around him and somehow happened to always be facing each other) and teleporting/appearing several times sure implies he can teleport mid combat.

I mean, he plain teleports from in front of frisk in snowdin, so it's not lack of capability.

And precog doesn't automatically counter danmaku. Most people long since memorized Sans' patterns and still failed to beat him because knowing something and doing it are really different. He also predicts the attacks by reading people's minds, and that hardly helps when he probably wouldn't even understand what Sans is thinking and there would be too many things to think about at the same time.

Mind hacks are. It's done by a single thought. You are only considering Sans hacks. You haven't given any thought to Aquamans hacks.

Not a valid argument. He was put in a situation where he went all out and still didn't use it. We can't assume he would. that's not an ability he uses in Character.

He can teleport. Definitely. He doesn't do it to dodge tho.

With two Precognition types, teleportation and portal creation, or faster attacks. He certainly could. And just no. Aquaman has fought people WAY faster and WAY more complicated than Sans. Batman said he is above him. And Batman could Easily calculate and understand Sans thoughts. There is 0 doubt Aquaman could handle him.

Except it works by locating a part of the brain that they gor from water animal ancestros... need I explain why that won't work? I feel like it working on an AI is because the plot requires it, but regardless each time he uses it shows a "wave" leaving him and hitting the target, so I have no reason to assume that doesn't have travel time. I'm also pretty damn sure it's not his first thing used against a skeleton.

Yes it is. Not once did he have a motive to use it. Saying that he will up and die instead of doing something that can save him is not something you can justify by pointing at him not teleporting against someone so slow to him that he could sidestep every attack they threw until the very rules of the world were broken.

Because he never needed to.

His visions of the future are not useful in a battle that ends the first five seconds it starts. His telepathy isn't useful because Sans won't be thinking about the fact that his attacks damage the soul or that they are intangible, leaving him in the dark about some pretty damn important things. He will not teleport to the secret sea the moment he is faced with an attack. His portal creation is limited to alternate realities, it is not used to move from one place to another in the same dimension. His faster attacks aren't faster than Sans sprouting bones under him, and he will focus on blocking an attack before he will about attacking.

What happens is Sans throws an attack right away, Aquaman knows about it and plans to block it, and then he dies because they are intangible.

Except no. Aquaman powers doesn't work just like that. If that was the case. How does he mind hack say Aliens like Superman, Aliens like Martian Manhunters, Literal AI, everyone on the planet. All types of animals on the planet. Ect. So no. It should work.

That doesn't justify using it as a reason to dodge attacks. You are saying it like he would even remotely consider using it. The situation he was in he had his family and friends murdered and he still didn't use it. This situation is a person he doesn't even know. We can't assume he would teleport to dodge Aquaman. Saying he never needed to is not a good reason At all to assume he would against Aquaman. Let alone do it normally like he would be doing it with every attack.

And he wouldn't do it. Can't assume he would.

Except he would dodge the attacks. Cause ya know. That's what would make most sense. That's what he tends to do. And here's something to consider

Sans fired a bunch of attacks. Aquaman leaps over them And mind hacks in several ways. Memory erases. Fear hacks, pain manipulation hacks. Ect. All with a single thought before Sans has a chance to do anything. Or he does that at the very start of the fight. Cause he is a mind hacks person.

And no. He wouldn't block it. He would be more to dodge it. Shoots past them.

All animals on the planet have marine ancestors, and most could too. Regardless, power with travel time, and not his opening move against non-marine enemies.

Yes I am, because the idea of him dying instead of doing something he can is unfounded. He never used it to dodge because he didn't need to, he still has enough intelligence to know when to use it to dodge. The situation you are describing is a non-factor. He was fighting frisk because of the danger they presented to the multiverse, not his friends. And frisk was also slow enough to be easily sidestepped in any attempts from them to attack, and he was fighting to outlast them, so he had zero reason to teleport. Against an attack that he knows he cannot dodge by moving to the side he has no reason not to teleport.

Yes I can.

This is entire walls of bones from all directions, under him included, with spaces so small that a hearth a fourth the size of a kid can pass through them, barely. Why would he try and dodge something that ridicolous when he can use water or his trident to block it?

Leaping over it get's noped by blue magic (lifting strength is a non-factor unless he has something to grab to not be affected by it) and Sans attacking from above, or just teleporting him back to the attacks tracks.

I don't remember him starting with mind manipulation in any case where his enemy was not something he had knowledge about or just a marinal lifeform, neither of which is true here.

Also, did you just really write "All with a single thought before Sans has a chance to do anything". You are literally arguing that he stomps, and that sure as hell sounds as spite to me.

Certainly not aliens or literal AI. You didn't refute that.

He wouldn't teleport around unless Aquaman attacked like that. And if we are talking Aquaman attack like that. Summons a tidal wave. The man had controlled all the earths water. So that would be easy for him

Because he does that. He dodges far more than he tanks attacks. Why risk getting hurt when you can leap over said attacks. And like I brought up Below, your blue magic argument isn't gonna be valid.

The attack isn't immediate. He slams you down turning you blue. But it doesn't stop him from jumping or moving. It is literally how you dodge the attack in game. He slams you down with magic and then you have to react and move up before the bones come out. So no. Incorrect. He could leap over it with or sans fights

He does it a lot. Different types of mind hacks. Fear, devolving, memory, pain, Ect Ect. And you are still wrong. He effects literal aliens and AI. Huge misconception his power is only limited to marine life.

If you can't counter Aquamans mind hacks. then he could win a lot of fights with a single thought. Sans has won condotions. It's just which is more likely. This isn't any spite. It's just an Aquaman fight cause I was trying to make a few since his page is empty.

There was supposed to be an "alien" after the most in the first sentence, not sure why I cut it off. Regardless, it's a beam with a travel time. An invisible beam, tough.

A tidal wave is literally the most logic attack to which he should react with teleporting the heck out of dodge. And, depending which lake you mean in the underground, he can't summon that much water. He certainly can't control stuff past the barrier.

Him preferring to dodge doesn't mean he'll try to do that over and over when faced with a wall of an attack and him being slammed towards it instead of trying to use water to block it.

But Sans can slam him back if he does jump or move, because he doesn't need to follow the same patterns. And again, Sans can teleport him back, or just make attacks by wherever he leaps to.

Not limited to marine life, but he explains that he affects people by affecting part of their brain that was evolved from marine life. Aliens went through evolution more likely than not, too, and the AI thing contradicts a plain statement and explanation of his powers.

That is not what you said you hack. You said he wins with a tough without sans being able to even act. You can't claim that and say "he has win-cons". One or the other is wrong, and from what I remember, he doesn't mindhax as an opening, so the former is wrong.

Yea no. Aliens aren't evolved from marine life. Nothing has ever even suggested or implied that. Baseless assumption. And the fact he also effected AI backs up my point further

He would floor the place. If sans teleported. It would have to be a large distanxe away. And then Aquaman is in water. Meaning at that point. He is Hella faster. Sans is no longer gonna be able to hope to touch him

Ahh. Ok. Well Sans is gonna try and block Aquaman attacks too. Even though sans is a dodging person. We can't assume he wouldn't try and block against Aquaman. So Aquaman one shots See the hole in that logic there. If Aquaman is a dodger. He would try and dodge attacks. Plain and simple. And if isn't like he would need to dose a lot. He needs to get his hack in and then GG.

He doesn't do that in character. He slams them down and then uses one attacks. However you can dodge these attacks due to the timeframe before they come out. Same thing for Aquaman. He slams Aquaman down. He uses that timeframe plus precog to jump and dodge it.

Statement vs what he actually does and can do. And your blindly saying "oh well they probably went through the same thing". No. You can't assume something of that degree without evidence. Aquaman powers have worked against several aliens consistently. And None we have any remote evidence are marine life in anyway. And considering he also Effects AI. That statement is contradicted heavily. Much like May statements in DC. You can't go off of that alone. The feats clearly tell a different story

The thing Is. if Aquaman immediately mind hacks, he would be able to do it before sans could do much. Remember sans attacks require movement, not Aquamans. So there's the advantage. Which Aquaman may or may not do it right off the bat. He sometimes has. But he would certainly resort to it quickly. Sans Could win. But it's about who wins more times

could easily end Sans with a mind hack which isn't able to be dodged. Does it by thinking. And very likely would resort to it. More experienced, smarter, range, more hacks

Yea, clearly no leg to stand on. All his hacks and such don't play in at all.

Back