• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Apotheosis: Heaven's Cry: Game Thread

"I'm assuming these "components" are scattered around the world. Transforming into buddies..... they may even be pieces of creatures...."

Jozu enters in deep-thought while wait for the conversation.

"... I don't really see what's such a cause for concern. History is built on bloodshed... After all, in the very same country that used to be here, religion was enough of a justification to slaughter and torture swaths of people. It's just common sense that someone would come around and kill them all off like the dogs they were."
"There were even innocent people there... and you speak of them like they were dogs...? How dare you..." Dy1 seems a bit angry at this, as he quickly gathers energy and fires a charged shot... which halfway through its path, turns sword shaped, retaining strength and then some.

"... I don't know where you got that or why you had to manually change it's color, but no way I'm touchin' it."

The creature straight up leaves without a second thought.

“Well fine then.”

The deer aims the musket towards the head of the beast,firing a black homing (basically the orb)bullet towards it.

"One minute." I pull off several arms and one of each of the pills and energy drinks I can make. What can you make with this stuff I say

With swiftness and composure, they simply step the side, letting the shot cut through their cloak as it hung in the air for one moment too long.

"I feel you wouldn't get nearly the appropriate reaction of disgust if I said humans... Such is the nature of the world. Such bias against one's race despite their atrocities... But you aren't one for discussion, are you."

He draws a saber, a blade curved just enough to make it's presence distinct as a blade wielded by Cavalry, those who charge forth into battle and gladly slash away... The very thing this man plans to do to Dy1.

[Glory of Alchemy]

"... You haven't gotten any Akashic coins? You'd think you'd run into at least one of them on the way here..."

"Forgive their sloppiness, they've only just regained themselves and all."

Heolstor steps through the door, placing a somewhat large bag and a handful of coins on the desk.

"Ashes from a somewhat human corpse and 9 coins. You should make sure to check what you kill."

He disappears just as quickly.

"Ah... Seems like just about everyone coming in for the first time has to have Heolstor make that save, heh... Either way, yeah. Not sure why, but for some reason, creatures wandering the wasteland tend to carry this stuff around, somehow. Maybe they just have a knack for collecting shiny things, but either way, you'll want to keep them around if you find any. This is what everyone uses as currency, nowadays."

"As per materials, usually I use parts from the creature directly, but if you want to make something armored or a straight up robot, metal and other stuff does work too. We just need all the right things, and that's re-creation for you."

He sees Steve plant down a bunch of his own arms onto the table...

"... Not sure how useful this stuff is going to be... It's nice components and all, but you really need something to breathe the life into it. Like, something that would really define whatever you're going to make... That said, out of curiosity, did those ashes come from that Skinwalker?"
The deer aims the musket towards the head of the beast,firing a black homing (basically the orb)bullet towards it.
Turns out, it's particularly fast about it's getaways, and the projectile is easily dodged as they make their way far out of sight.

@Overlord775

The girl continues staring, until suddenly a green light exits her body, and someone else stands before him.

[Looks like this albeit with a bit more of a green tint and green hair]

"Foreign organism detected. Explain the reasons for your presence here."

Dnd monster manual: went inside. Picking up the book I look through it. "Ah here a beholder but arms instead of eye stalks." I say handing it to him.

He draws a saber, a blade curved just enough to make it's presence distinct as a blade wielded by Cavalry, those who charge forth into battle and gladly slash away... The very thing this man plans to do to Dy1.
A loud clash is heard, as a sword of energy comes out of the buster... this time, instead of being a projectile, it was more or less an actual weapon of sorts. And then, it glows a bright blue color... it feeling chilling to the core, way below your normal ice temperature... it was an absolute cold, an absolute zero.

"I see... So all I have to do is hunt down these creatures and harvest their parts, and you'll transform them into items for me?"

"Nah nah nah, it's not quite that. There's a bit of artistry to re-creation. These parts have to give me real inspiration, to which I can make something new. Maybe similar to something you can find anywhere, but not quite the same. It's about really making something, not just copying off a book, you see?"

"Well, my main attraction is transforming them into other creatures you can use for your purposes, but I can make special items, yeah."
“Are these even human?”
"Course they ain't, dumbass!"

You don't know where that came from, but whatever it was appears to be long gone by the time you look for them. Or maybe... Not gone, just out of sight?

"Hmm... So if I bring you unique parts..." Her expression suddenly changes, and not to one anybody in the room likes. "Could you, say, create a female partner, if you understand my meaning?"

Course they ain't, dumbass!"

You don't know where that came from, but whatever it was appears to be long gone by the time you look for them. Or maybe... Not gone, just out of sight?
“Ahh, a person.”

Within the dimension,the mandarin’s lips oozed out another command.

“Discover the Location of the Voice within my vicinity”

It highlighted the body from where the voice came from.

He looks at Zephyr as though she ripped his dreams out of his head and then urinated on them to show dominance.

"... I... can do that, yes."

"I remember that monster becoming ashes after all.... Yeah, from a Skinwalker."
He's reinvigorated upon hearing this pointed out to him.

"Oh, yeah, great! That'll be perfect, then. You want me to use all this stuff? If I am to follow... ah, crap, forgot to ask for your names... save that for later, anyways, if I was to obey the specific request I'd need to take off.. Let's say, 2 coins for the extra fat that might be necessary to pat them out, since these arms are mostly muscle?"

[@Oliver_de_jesus @Spider_Kaiju]

You arrive and witness the start of a battle in Madrid.
A loud clash is heard, as a sword of energy comes out of the buster... this time, instead of being a projectile, it was more or less an actual weapon of sorts. And then, it glows a bright blue color... it feeling chilling to the core, way below your normal ice temperature... it was an absolute cold, an absolute zero.
"So, you wish to strike at me with a blade of pure stillness... I'd call it poetic, if it were not foolish to think you could strike me.

He amplifies his speed even more than it was before, rushing yet faster to strike at Dy1 with a rapid series of jabs directed at his limbs, with the occasional strike aimed at his head.

“Discover the Location of the Voice within my vicinity”
It seems to be underground... It shape appears to resemble something like a Worm.

Zephyr nods slowly.

"I... will return."

She then disappears into spirit form, flying out of the shop and trying to sense for any creatures in the area.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"To observe and admire you."

He simply replies, understaning that the new woman is front of him is the same as the one that there was before, just different somehow like another form.

Last edited:
The blows hurt, and deal quite some damage on Dy1, however, he retaliates as an aura surrounds him... quickly teleporting behind the assailant and trying to land a slash, if it connected, it would feel twice as strong. Then the aura would go away, as he tries firing multiple sword shots... all of which having homing properties.

Camera: became inside.
I rip off another arm.
Arm I most recently ripped off: went inside(inside destroyed)
I rip off another arm.
Hand of arm I most recently ripped off: become inside.
Different camera: went inside.
I take a photo of the beholder and add the photo to the material pile. "Is that good enough real inspiration."

"I... will return."
"I... well, guess she's off."
Camera: became inside.
I rip off another arm.
Arm I most recently ripped off: went inside(inside destroyed)
I rip off another arm.
Hand of arm I most recently ripped off: become inside.
Different camera: went inside.
I take a photo of the beholder and add the photo to the material pile. "Is that good enough real inspiration."
"..."

"What in YHVH's name are you even try to go for? No, a photo isn't special... if that's the logic you're operating on, just..."

He turns around and takes a deep breath, surveying the room as a whole. Then he turns back around again, Jozu speaks.
"I'm interested in your work, 2 coins are FAIR deal.""
"Well, I feel as though your friend might pick up the necessary components anyways, so... Guess we should get to that introduction part? I'm Laoghaire."
She then disappears into spirit form, flying out of the shop and trying to sense for any creatures in the area.
Plenty of things are within sight, some of which are in groups. Probably best to avoid those, by which case, the options are...

• A rather large bovine creature, lying on the ground asleep.
  • An uncannily pale woman in fine clothing
  • What appears to be a bloated mass of flesh, shuffling about as though possessed... Probably don't want to touch that one, not for the purposes presented here.
he blows hurt, and deal quite some damage on Dy1, however, he retaliates as an aura surrounds him... quickly teleporting behind the assailant and trying to land a slash, if it connected, it would feel twice as strong. Then the aura would go away, as he tries firing multiple sword shots... all of which having homing properties.
He amplifies his speed again as Dy1 teleports, and moves in a blur behind Dy1, before kicking him from behind. In the process, Concrehee-ho is knocked out of his being, and sent tumbling across the ground with him.

"Agh!- Ghh... Rough landing, hee-ho... You couldn't have summoned me a bit sooner..."

Concrehee-ho shakes his head, before turning around and noticing the threat.

"There's some strong energy coming off this guy, hee-ho! What did you hee-hoing do while I was taking a nap!?"

It seems to be underground... It shape appears to resemble something like a Worm.
“Ahh,such a pitiful form. I’ll send an envoy to converse with it”.

The bipedal deer’s form dripped and crunch into a form of a pearly bird.Extra muscle dissipating away into mist.It flickered out of the city,and into the underground world with the worm.

"Apparently a bad line." After say this everything I brought in except Goldie disappear. "If they can't be used which is what I understand it is to dangerous to keep them here."

"...Fight the strong energy... Not really a good move on my part..." Dy1 says, a bit muffled by his face being on the floor, however, he quickly gets up. "Sorry for not telling you sooner, did not know how I could summon you..."

"It looks almost peaceful," Zephyr muses to herself as she looks at the bovine creature. "But, it must be done."

She spirit forms to directly above it, and manifests with the Monohoshi Zao, coming down on it like Sephiroth coming down on Aerith.

"... Really? All you have to do is something like this, hee-ho!"

Concrehe-hoo slowly lifts his hand to his chest, then stretches upwards as though reaching to grab the sky.

"... That said, this hee-ho is bad new-"

"Alright, I've taken enough amusement out of your words."

The enemy before them quickly rushes them, punting Concrehee-ho in the head, before slashing Dy1 in the arm, completely cutting through it and somewhat damaging his torso, before he rips it out with such speed as well, and he steps back, spinning around before posing with his blade raised.
The bipedal deer’s form dripped and crunch into a form of a pearly bird.Extra muscle dissipating away into mist.It flickered out of the city,and into the underground world with the worm.
... They soon find it's not much of a world, considering it's burrowing through solid dirt, as the bird proceeds to immediately get telefragged by soil.
She spirit forms to directly above it, and manifests with the Monohoshi Zao, coming down on it like Sephiroth coming down on Aerith.
The blow strikes through, immediately ending it's life before it can manage much. This should be more than enough material.

Also of note, a small coin appears on the ground nearby. Apparently they keep it in some sort of localized pocket dimension? Either way, the yield is ripe for the taking... May want to cut it up a bit before you bring it along, though.

They soon find it's not much of a world, considering it's burrowing through solid dirt, as the bird proceeds to immediately get telefragged by soil.
“*******-....ergh. If you have time for insults,I pretty sure you would’ve had time to make a damn home”.

Under the place of the squished avian flickered another summon. A misty slug with chains surrounding its cracked skin. It searches for the worm.

She picks up the coin, shrugging and pocketing it. "Alright, let's see..."

Zephyr begins getting to work, slicing it from a slight range as to avoid chipping her blade until it's in much more... manageable pieces.

“*******-....ergh. If you have time for insults,I pretty sure you would’ve had time to make a damn home”.

Under the place of the squished avian flickered another summon. A misty slug with chains surrounding its cracked skin. It searches for the worm.
The slug does manage to burrow, though it's teeth are less than equipped for it. Eventually it does actually manage to encounter the Worm.

"... As you can see, I am in fact not a man, and I don't need a house. So, whatchu want? You're out of your element if you want payback, I can tell you that much."

"Ah, two times in one day, that has to be a record for getting thrown into new worlds." Serena says to herself after all was said and done

"I guess I should get moving then, let's go."

Her army is granted flight through food chain, as she begins moving towards where she figures Moscow should be to see how much had changed from the last world to this newest one. She kept an eye on everything along the way too, looking for anything important or interesting along the way.

The slug does manage to burrow, though it's teeth are less than equipped for it. Eventually it does actually manage to encounter the Worm.
(The misty slug was not flavor text.It’s actually intangible,unless dirt has NPI)

“Nothing more than to simply know what’s going on in this world and what the creatures are!”

Jake uses his clairvoyance to find out what is happening in the fight between the two people. He does not yet know what's going on.

With the pieces collected, Zephyr begins to head back to the alchemy store. Maybe she'll throw in one of the blades in her possession as well...

(The misty slug was not flavor text. It’s actually intangible, unless dirt has NPI)
[Mist makes something intangible because you can't punch vapor. Vapor doesn't automatically phase through solid material. I guess soil does have some inconsistencies in it so a being like that could slip in, but then it wouldn't really have a proper form to converse with]

"Well, you can call me Vermin Pillaworm. I'm what happens when you just keep things simple, a big worm, I can burrow through just about anything here. There, now go bother other things."
"I'm Jozu, the Giant. Nice to meet you."
Laoghaire grants him a fistbump, before Zephyr kinda just slaps a few tons of bovine components on the desk.

"... Jeez I could probably make like, one for each of you with this much stuff, good lord! Alright, I know where my consumer base is..."

He starts evaluating everything before him, giving it all a good look...

"Alright, so, the fox girl wants... a... female... sigh, what about everyone else?"

[Mist makes something intangible because you can't punch vapor. Vapor doesn't automatically phase through solid material. I guess soil does have some inconsistencies in it so a being like that could slip in, but then it wouldn't really have a proper form to converse with]

"Well, you can call me Vermin Pillaworm. I'm what happens when you just keep things simple, a big worm, I can burrow through just about anything here. There, now go bother other things."

Laoghaire grants him a fistbump, before Zephyr kinda just slaps a few tons of bovine components on the desk.

"... Jeez I could probably make like, one for each of you with this much stuff, good lord! Alright, I know where my consumer base is..."

He starts evaluating everything before him, giving it all a good look...

"Alright, so, the fox girl wants... a... female... sigh, what about everyone else?"

(Sorry, I should have pinged. @DMCUA Jake is utilizing his clairvoyance to see why the fight is going on between the duelists.)

[... I mean, yeah? You can just... read the posts and get the information accordingly.]
"Me! Me! Swords are so cool! I want some sword please!"
"Alright, what kind of sword are you thinking about?"

[... I mean, yeah? You can just... read the posts and get the information accordingly.]

"Alright, what kind of sword are you thinking about?"
"I want one that shoot beams, talks and... and....!"

Jozu finally comes to reality.....

"Oh. Incursio comes with a spear...... I nearly bought something that I didn't actually need........ If you have an invisibility cap-....... Forget about everything, just give me an bracelet or necklace that rises my power or something...."

Jozu seems disappointed by his own gear.

Last edited:
Back