• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Apotheosis: Heaven's Cry: Game Thread

"So... We just got attacked by a strange being and something flew towards our bodies... I'm assuming what flew towards me was Ether but the creature....?"

(1. Teleporting and running is all they been doing for a while looking for life.
2. Kilometer range teleportation and speeds higher than mach one make long distance travel easy.
3. See above.)
(1. Yeah, and I've been flying and teleporting, still nowhere near you or Mandarin.
2. I have that too, would you look at that?
3. See above.)

"It did outright announce it's name to you. Skinwalker, of the Foul race. That is how you should classify most of these types of things. What it was carrying is indeed Ether. Not anything significant, you shouldn't rely on such encounters for your further development, but it is a good start."

"Skinwalker... Foul race..... No. You can go, I feel like I will find out more it as I progress. Thank you for your help."

Jozu moves towards Zephyr.

"My name is Jozu, the Big. Nice to meet you."

Jozu points his fist towards Zephyr waiting for a bump.

Zephyr stares at the fist. One could almost see the question marks forming over her head.

"Um... yes, it is nice to meet you too."

Dy1 keeps on running, now snapping four times to cross the distance, each time somewhat separated by seconds. Then, he takes a small break, looking around to see if he was anywhere near Madrid.

"Very well."

He disappears as quickly as he came.
Dy1 keeps on running, now snapping four times to cross the distance, each time somewhat separated by seconds. Then, he takes a small break, looking around to see if he was anywhere near Madrid.
Indeed, he was within that city.

... And suddenly he detects something quite dangerous. The thing was still there, just as Heolstor said.

Will you stay here?

(I really don't know how write a character with goals so I normally need have my character interaction with someone to actually have any form of direction so can you have some mercy and let me please run by so I can at least have the goal of interacting)

[You were literally handed a goal and a direction to go in, just say you went to New York.]

Jozu keeps looking at Zephyr waiting for a bump.

"..........Anyway, the city is in THAT direction. Let's follow our way."

He starts walking towards the direction.

@Overlord775

Once you arrive, you see many Elementals constructing things in the surrounding areas, seeming to reshape the area to be more liveable.

At the center is the bird woman, who seems to have a rather vacant expression and looks significantly out of things.

"Hm..." Dy1 floats high onto the air, now awaiting something... just, hoping for the best, as he didn't think he could get out of madrid fast enough if anything came, but he could certainly distract a beast with his abilities, to buy him more time perhaps.

(I don't remember new York ever mentioned)

I enter new York. "Is this home. Come on Goldie(the golden arm.)" I say putting it on the ground.

(I don't remember new York ever mentioned)
[... you really should make a habit of reading posts your character was logically present for, if not just reading all posts in general so you're not completely lost in meta]
"Hm..." Dy1 floats high onto the air, now awaiting something... just, hoping for the best, as he didn't think he could get out of Madrid fast enough if anything came, but he could certainly distract a beast with his abilities, to buy him more time perhaps.

Something approaches... Yeah, that's definitely what you detected on that day.

A voice calls out, outside of your sight.

"... I remember the likes of you."

[New York gang]

Finally, they've arrived... Heolstor wasn't kidding about it being different.

Most of the buildings are warped and distorted, there's plenty of rubble just in the streets... Though, for some reason, some areas seem lively all the same. You can see some signs advertising certain shops. Jewelry for some reason, what appears to be a general store, and... Glory of Alchemy? Not sure what that's on about.

"That place, "Glory of Alchemy" sounds curious to me. Well, something says to me I will need to go there, so I may as well go there right now."

Jozu tries entering the mysterious place.

Once you arrive, you see many Elementals constructing things in the surrounding areas, seeming to reshape the area to be more liveable.

At the center is the bird woman, who seems to have a rather vacant expression and looks significantly out of things.
Jiraya would take a mental note of the elemental beings, deducing they are creations of pheonix-like woman because of them sharing a similar energy signature to hers.

He would then descend from his golden cloud to the soil of the mountain and walk the rest of the way to where the bird-humanoid, observing her with an odd glint in his eyes, something almost ... childlike.

Last edited:
Dy1's sights sets upon where the voice was from, as he uses Tiger's Eye to see it in better detail... "Hm?"
He identifies it. A man dressed in a cloak, his face of unyielding neutrality to the situation.

"This distance is not necessary, is it?"

He raises his hand, amplifying his speed a bit as he rapidly closes the distance, stopping 5 meters away from Dy1.

"So... have you come here to strike me down?"

[Glory of Alchemy]

A man of surprisingly large and muscular stature is working in the corner, next to a sink and a bunch of strange items in jars and vials you can't really discern. You can see many of such a thing beyond the front desk, which serves to stop you before you get too deep into the shop. He looks over upon hearing you enter.

"Huh, haven't seen your faces around here. Give me a moment, I'm preparing something..."

Suddenly a malformed, feathered creature bursts out of his hand and attempts to fly around, to which he reacts by pulling a gun and immediately ending it's life, if it could be called that.

"... Really should be more wary of ethereal spasms..."

He sighs and starts cleaning things up.

"So, I assume you just got drawn in by the name and don't really know what I do here exactly?"

@DMUA

don't really care about shape... maybe you can sway me over with some upfront benefits? Gimme a Mana Drop."

“Very well.”

Back within the dimension, the Mandarin is dumbfounded at the furry beast requests.

Speakin within whispers in the scrapeyard.He bellows through his pourous throat.

“Discover; Mana”

Insight fills his mind.Digging deep within the fleshy pile,he clutches two face shards. Their muscles spasming and twitching,he grinds them to goo.

plob plob plob.

“Create: Glass”

A large vial appears before him, he pours the goo inside the glass. Radiating a azure hue natural to mana.

“This should do”

He flickered the potion into his summon’s hands.The summon speaks once more,breaking the silence.

“Here you are..M-a-n-a”

"... Why is it blue? It's supposed to be green... Just what kinda con are you runnin', huh?"

[Glory of Alchemy]

A man of surprisingly large and muscular stature is working in the corner, next to a sink and a bunch of strange items in jars and vials you can't really discern. You can see many of such a thing beyond the front desk, which serves to stop you before you get too deep into the shop. He looks over upon hearing you enter.

"Huh, haven't seen your faces around here. Give me a moment, I'm preparing something..."

Suddenly a malformed, feathered creature bursts out of his hand and attempts to fly around, to which he reacts by pulling a gun and immediately ending it's life, if it could be called that.

"... Really should be more wary of ethereal spasms..."

He sighs and starts cleaning things up.

"So, I assume you just got drawn in by the name and don't really know what I do here exactly?"
"I... Yes, that's an accurate summary. What DO you do here, exactly?"

"Alchemy a seemingly magical process of transformation, creation, or combination. Right?" I say picking up Goldie. "Based on the bat that is what you do here." I say.

"...Strike down... I would've initially said no, as I wouldn't kill a person by my own will, going against my programming... however, I feel if you are the one that killed those people back before the earth was like this... then I have no other choice" Dy1 says, a serious look on his face, as his Dyl Buster... no, this was like a combined version of the Dyl Buster and Ween Buster... is aimed towards the individual in question.

Why is it blue? It's supposed to be green... Just what kinda con are you runnin', huh?"
“Hmm...usually in the fairy tales I’ve read Mana often appears in such hue.Perhaps that is not the case here?”

A pink swirl appears over the vial, the liquid is now green.

“There? Better?”

"... I don't know where you got that or why you had to manually change it's color, but no way I'm touchin' it."

The creature straight up leaves without a second thought.
"...Strike down... I would've initially said no, as I wouldn't kill a person by my own will, going against my programming... however, I feel if you are the one that killed those people back before the earth was like this... then I have no other choice"
"... I don't really see what's such a cause for concern. History is built on bloodshed... After all, in the very same country that used to be here, religion was enough of a justification to slaughter and torture swaths of people. It's just common sense that someone would come around and kill them all off like the dogs they were."
"Alchemy a seemingly magical process of transformation, creation, or combination. Right?"
"Yeah, but, considering the times, I'm very specific with the services I offer."

He goes over to the other side of the room, and hits a big fancy button, unveiling a complex machine that takes up most of the room.

"... I take all sorts of components and turn them into buddies anyone can use. Normally from the stuff wandering around in the wastelands. This patented process is something I have dubbed, plain and simply, Re-creation. You have any components I can use? Alternatively, if you have any Akashic coins, I might be able to spare some of the stuff around the shop for your use."

The girl seemed to be too lost in thought to make much notice of his presence.

The Elementals didn't seem hostile.

The boy doesn't mind that at all, as he simply sits on a rock nearby the girl and continues observing her, admiring her even.

He bears no ill will as swell.

Last edited:
"Re-Creation, huh... What sort of components do you accept? I have a myriad of weapons available, if you consider those usable. I haven't heard of these 'Akashic Coins', though."

Back