• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Apotheosis: Heaven's Cry: Game Thread

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Meta Thread

Sandbox

People with powers beyond humanity... Such a thing is heard of with an almost nauseating frequency in the realm of storytelling, but never in reality...

Until this moment.

As you all fell asleep, you were struck with a dream you remember quite vividly. A bright, holy light overhead, much greater than the sun you all grew up with. From those glorious heavens, came a voice.

"Be calm, ye who have been chosen... in fact, rejoice! For you shall be granted power only present in dreams, not unlike the vision I send unto you now. Through that, you may achieve whatever you wish. I shall observe that wish with interest. Go forth, Son of Man! Create a world, in which you can be proud!"

And, quite literally, you indeed awakened to a new power.

(So yeah, no intro with any diety or whatever, just start at some location and do as you please.)

(You all have non physical interaction, resistance to powers that take away control of your character such as mindhax, and a Danger Sense that will allow you to detect how threatening an attack truly is by instinct. 6-B, Massively Hypersonic+, Class P lifting strength. You may get destructive within those boundaries.)

The Phoenix girl manifests into existence with a crash of flames, finding herself in Central Park, New York, and starting a small fire.

The girl seemed stunned and started looking around quickly, trying to figure out what happened.

[I'll just put this here, others can spawn next to her if they want]

Alice Highwind, as she was known to most, was what one could consider a failed visionary. Lots of ideas going on within her head, but little ambition with which to actually make good on them. She was creative, yes, but ultimately too lethargic and depressed to do anything of substance with that creativity.

So perhaps it was a surprise when she woke up in an altered body, with a fresh, second set of memories. Brown hair had turned white, fox ears and nine tails stuck out from her body, and a sword hung at her side.

Oh, and she was standing in the middle of central park, next to a literal flaming woman. It was odd how calm she was, given the circumstances.

"So that wasn't a dream..." She looked at the phoenix girl. "Um... Hi?"

Serena 'wakes up' from her slumber, and that strange dream, her body feeling noticeably different, as she lay in the frozen, barren wastes of Siberia.

My head is killing me, and I had another odd dream. Actually, how did I get here?

As she wonders this and looks down, she sees several bullet wounds in her clothes, but no blood around, and seemingly no bullet holes in her. Several armed soldiers surrounded her, guns at the ready.

Right, war, battles, that's what happened here.

As she comes to this conclusion and reaches for her blade, all of the soldiers part and stand at attention, allowing a carriage pulled by a massive two headed dog to stop in front of her. Instinctively she realizes, all of these are her men, and she climbs aboard, her clothes mending themselves as she and her men made their way to the nearest city.

I start to stretch after waking up and rip off my left arm and watch the new one grow. "This is new." I say entering the shower.

The girl flapped her wings lightly, kicking up a slight wind around the two as she stood up.

"Hello. I take it you are just as confused as I."

Her form was in full view now, magnificent golden and flaming wings fully spread, but the fire seemed to not bother her in the slightest.

"Aaaaaaa..... I need to breathe......"

Bermuda wakes up in his apartment in New York and goes straight to the bathroom.

(Hm? I'm feeling strange today..)

Bermuda follows his routine.

The girl flapped her wings lightly, kicking up a slight wind around the two as she stood up.

"Hello. I take it you are just as confused as I."

Her form was in full view now, magnificent golden and flaming wings fully spread, but the fire seemed to not bother her in the slightest.
"Something like that, yes..."

She stared at the wings, inwardly thinking to herself something along the lines of 'she's beautiful'.

"Let me guess... you were woken up by a strange voice with powers you didn't have beforehand?"

Upon the blonde man arriving, she stared at him. "Uh, hello there."

"I remember having something, but not this. And yes, a strange voice."

She answered before lifting a bit off the ground and viewing both people at once.

"I assume you are another. I just got here too."

"I am. My name is Zephyr... or Alice. Either one works."

She looked up at the feathered woman, then at the blonde man. "What are your names?"

"You can call me Lancer for the moment", the man replied, bowing a little.

"I'll grant you the honour to know my true name only when I'll know if you will be worthy of that"

Zephyr frowned at his statement. "Keeping your name secret... I don't suppose that's an awful idea. So, do you have any idea who it was that did this to us?"

Inwardly, the human-turned-kitsune is surprised at her complete lack of panic. She's almost TOO serene about all this.

"Name? Name... I do not think I have one. Call me whatever you please. A fitting description of me would be "Phoenix"."

The winged woman answered, floating somewhat over the others.

"Phoenix... and I've become a Kitsune..."

Zephyr looked at Lancer again. "I don't suppose you're also some sort of magic creature?"

"Well, I'm not exactly working with a lot here. Although..."

She looked at phoenix. "Your power feels similar to mine, somehow. It's hard to explain..."

(why the wiki doesn't notify me)

"Smoke bomb" a ninja appears in the trees.

"Great I always wanted to be a ninja, now I feel like, The power runs through my veins"

"now I'm motivated" Frank said Bury the light it starts ringing out of nowhere.

Jake woke up suddenly with a start on the park bench. He could feel himself being stronger, smarter and with enormous forces of magic coursing through his veins. "Hmm. With all this power I don't have to be homeless anymore."

In an almighty explosion of fire, ice, wind and electricity; An imposing humanoid figure emerges from a small crater left behind by the explosion, roughly one mile away from central part.

Was this enigmatic being summoned?, created?, or something else?

The being examined the surrounding the area and detected multiple powerful beings nearby...

"Potential allies or prey found, proceeding to location"

After the shower he rips of an arm and grows one made of gold which is torn of and just puts it on a table and starts working to make some pills.

A wonderful land to start a conquest. Or, I think it is, is there a reason to do this, a cause for this sense of obligation?

As they approach the center of Irkutsk people shy away from the massive army predictably, but some realize that they aren't soldiers from this country and being to ask questions.

In an instant, they're grabbed by the Oprichniki and detained, and Serena approaches the clock tower in the center of the city to begin addressing the people.

"Ahem, so, its clearly a bit surprising to have something like this happen to you." She begins, placing a hand on the structure.

"We will use this place as a base of operations, from which to spread out."

For what purpose though? I'll do what I feel I need to I guess, but I don't understand it.

Shaking off her doubts, Serena grips the clock tower, and tears it out of the ground. The able bodied men are then made to begin work, excavating the center of the town to create an underground area for her.

While she awaits this, she walks over to the citizens that were detained earlier, and her pupils turn a bright gold, while her sclera turn red, resulting in the minds of the citizens being overwritten, and them becoming members of her army. She repeats this for all of them but one, who she sends running to report this to the nearest city and get help.

Her soldiers begin a march all throughout the Siberia region, the footfalls of thousands of men echoing through the region, as town after town saw the black clad army in the horizon.

As the looming figure begins to move forward, vivid memories begin to flow through it's mind like a gentle stream.

It gradually remembers that this world is not it's own and it was brought here through choice after making a deal.

Then new memories begin to overlap with the old ones like a clashing of two separate forces and from that clash, a name (or perhaps a title?) emerges from the deepest recesses of the mind...

H.O.W?

Releasing a flash of misty tar around itself, it escapes the oppressing fields around it into a flickering chrome air.

“Liberty has been granted to me.I am not yet ready”

CRUNCH

The Mandarin emerges from the borders of the pearly dimension,his body transformed into a pile of sliver feathers in the formation of a bird.Slick,grey coating the exterior giving it a gelato feel

“Mauger my anxiety, the world will feel peace”

Tyrus wakes up in his small one bedroom apartment drenched in sweat. His mind fixated on the almost lifelike dream he just had seen. Feeling rather parched, he quickly gets on his feet to go grab a glass of water. He then returns to his bedroom and finds a strange looking book resting on his bedside table. Tyrus didn't remember ever buying a book resembling this before so he picks it up to investigate. Upon touching its cover it fly's into the air with an aura of light surrounding it rapidly flipping through it's pages. A now very startled Tyrus begins to grab his head in pain as the knowledge of the book begins to inscribe itself into his being, while magic power begins to well up inside of him greatly increasing his physicality. The stress on his mind once again over takes him and he passes out on his bed.

About an hour later he wakes up only to find himself outside of his home, he quickly realizes that he is standing on the on top of the Empire State Building in New York City, which is several hundred miles away from his home. Confused and scared he begins to look around at the large city that is before him, he is almost memorized by the sight before him but is quickly broken from his trace when he realizes that he's wearing what looks like a suit of armor, with a satchel that contains his grimoire on his right side. With a mere thought the satchel flies open and his grimoire emerges and the hilt of a sword pops out from the book itself. Almost out of instinct he grabs the hilt of the sword and pulls if from the book revealing a white elegant sword that pulses with magic power.

After going through each of his swords and using minor displays of magic as to not draw any attention to himself he gathers his his thoughts and says "Heh, I guess that really wasn't a dream after all." He pauses for a moment, but only for a moment as he is quickly over taken with joy at the realization that he has superpowers and the possibilities that come with it. "I can't wait to tell all my friends back home about this, they are gonna be so jealous." However before he can utter another word multiple other surges of power begin to appear in or around Central park.

"A spiritual being like me. The two of us are both that."

She answered the woman's inquiry.

"What do we do now."

"Well, we have these powers... Strangely enough, all I care about is honing them."

As if to emphasize her point, she pulls out the unnaturally-long blade, swinging it to the side. Several dozen meters away, with precision enough to elicit no sound whatsoever, all the trees within the line of fire are cleaved cleanly in two, their top halves sliding down and hitting the ground with loud thud sounds.

The H.O.W approaches the central park area and notices several trees seemingly collapsing, the presence of those powerful energies it sensed earlier are just around the corner...

in the park a whirlwind of energy moved at high speed and then stopped rebelling against Frank.

"Great, Spinjitzu, I love Spinjitzu"

"Ninja-Go" The ninja continued to use the tornado of energy

Unsure of the intentions of the others the H.O.W uses it's predator instincts in combination with newly acquired invisibility, to mask it's presence.

Waiting to see how the three would respond to the newcomer.

Frank stopped when he heard a voice in his head.

"Heh, who was it" asked the elemental master

"Here! Behind you" the voice got louder.

The ninja turned around and couldn't see anyone.

"On your back, idiot" Frank looks at his back where was a Big Sword

"Great, you are a talking sword"

"In short, yes, but before it was the spirit of lightning, a mighty dragon"

"Great, now I'm a ninja and one day I'll ride a dragon" said the next Ultimate Spinjitzu Master

"There's someone watching us in hiding."

The Phoenix girl immediately pointed out, as her ability to sense life immediately indicated the presence of this being despite its invisibility.

Impressed with the extrasensory abilities of the avian looking individual covered in flames, the H.O.W reveals itself to the others in Central Park, before asking a simple question in a robotic tone:

Are you the same as me?

Back