• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amazo(DCAU) should be 4-C

Now, I recognise that Amazo(DCAU) hasn't displayed any feat that put him on 4-C. However, I watched this https://youtu.be/DvJvLm-F_00 . If you skip to 2:24, you see mostly stars in the direction he scans, after which he gains the glowy form he currently possesses. I think there is, at the very least, a high likelyhood of him scanning a star and gaining its properties. There's not much room for speculation here IMO as what is emphasized in the sky are the stars. In fact, I think suggesting he didn't scan a star would require even more speculation given that there's not much, if anything, to suggest otherwise. By process of elimination, the only conclusion I can come to is that he scanned a star.Hence, he is star level.

This is him copying '''all''' the properties of a star. Not just one or some. It's quite similar to when he scanned Stewart's GL ring.

Except the ring, and the people he scanned, all have supernatural strength and durability and physics and the likes. That's what he copied.

Stars don't have any fancy supernatural durability or anything, they're just big. Heck, most stars can't even survive a star level attack, because well, a star level attack destroys a star.

You would need to define what you mean by "supernatural" because what he copied from Superman and Hawk girl, for instance, were biological and technological in nature. He would simply scan a star and gain/exhibit it's properties on the same scale.

Also, your last statement is like saying our sun isn't star level. If a star gains sentience, would you say it's not star level? Even if he can't destroy a star, he should be on par with one and be able to affect/damage it on the same level a regular star would if it had a physical interaction with another star.

I don't need to define supernatural if I'm speaking in general, it'd be common sense that a fictional superpowered being's biology would be supernatural. This is an argument of semantics that misses the point.

And no, in case you haven't realized, the requirements of star level is "enough energy to destroy a star beyond its GBE", meaning if the sun got hit with star level energy, it would be obliterated. Gaining sentience does not mean gaining durability, not that it matters because what we are talking about here is Amazon gaining information from a non-sentient star.

"Supernatural" in the case of Martians is simply biology. But as you said. Semantics are irrelevant.

The sentience was just an example used to make my point. Again. Upon scanning, he gains all the properties of a star, density, durability, etc. It seems I would need a little bit of clarification on a few things. What would happen if the sun collided with an exact copy of itself? What tier would someone be classified under if they stated to be a living star (which Amazo had been implied to become)?

You once again fail to realize that the sun has no supernatural durability of any kind, it is simply due to sheer size. So unless Amazo took the size of a star, he takes literally nothing from this.

And at this point if you don't even know for sure what tier he'd be, then the point of this thread is lost.

Wouldn't this just mean he could generate heat and radiation like a star?.

At the very least, even if I conceded that He couldn't be Star level, he should gain the energy output of one... which would put him above the 5-B tier. He would have to be at least 5-B.

I know you will say "it does necessarily require a star to generate that level of output, like Flash's IMP". You'd be right. But I'm looking at Amazo having a similar power description like Sentry's "power of an nth number of suns/stars... not a power equal to said sun.

P.s I'm not in any way implying that Amazo has the same abilities as Sentry.

The energy output of the sun is only High 6-A, 3.8e26 joules per second. That's not reasoning for 'At Least 5-B'.

Amazo has nothing of the sort to reliably compare himself to a star. Sentry was actually stated to have the power of "1 million EXPLODING suns". And on top of that, it's not just a statement, it's later on literally proven to exist, so that's a direct statement and feat for Sentry.

[[1]]

Amazo has nothing in comparison. He is incomparable to Sentry.

The implication of my comparison of Amazo with Sentry was to make clear that he could equal the energy output of whatever star he scanned. Perhaps my lack of knowledge on the matter of star energy output (numerically speaking) made me a bit hasty. That I can concede. But I would still would maintain my stand on Amazo having a star's energy output seeing as he scanned it. Maybe this isn't grounds enough for an upgrade... that's fine. I think I'll rest my case for now.

P.S Amazo lost a little bit to easily against Emerl. Reasons highlighted here https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3659940

Have a good one!

Back