• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

About the resistance part
Ah. Well, "upscaling" is the wrong word in this case if you ask me. Arceus gets all pokemon abilities and resistances because they're aspects of him. Upscaling is the wrong word to use to describe this.

Instead just specify that they're part of him and thus he gets the resistance.

The profiles mentioned were Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. Arceus was not included. And those resistances were added to those profiles.

Ah. Arceus should have his page opened then too. Not just for those reasons but also to get abilities that have been accepted but hasn't gotten yet either.

Ah. Arceus should have his page opened then too. Not just for those reasons but also to get abilities that have been accepted but hasn't gotten yet either.
So those that are getting the resistances isn't only due to upscaling, but rather it simply being a part of their being?

In that case I guess everyone else that was listed (Arceus itself wasn't originally listed) should have the resistance to extreme cold and cosmic radiations removed.

No, it should be removed. It was added for a bad reason without a CRT.

I just looked at the CRT in question, and the only discussion on it was
So the only reason given in that thread or this one is one which has been debunked. I have no clue why they should be kept.
Then the reason given here was wrong. Not to derail this, but when your literally space, its kinda obvious that you should resist what comes from within space.

"If you're the embodiment of space, you should resist everything within space"

Well, guess you should give Palkia resistance to every single event that has ever happened in Pokemon then, huh.

Also, that only applies to one of the pokemon listed, not to the other 5.

It was added to a profile without a bloody CRT. It should get removed until one is made. I should not need to write up a CRT to remove it, that's not how things happen.

Yeah, thanks.

Since that thread only aims to add radiation resistance to Palkia, cold resistance to Giratina, and both to Arceus, could we remove cold resistance from Palkia, radiation resistance from Giratina, and both from Dialga, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf?

Yeah, thanks.

Since that thread only aims to add radiation resistance to Palkia, cold resistance to Giratina, and both to Arceus, could we remove cold resistance from Palkia, radiation resistance from Giratina, and both from Dialga, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf?
If they have not demonstrated those abilities, I suppose so.

The Sound Manipulation page has some confusing wording.
The manipulation of sounds - actually use the properties of sound waves to transmit information, the enemy's attack infrasound or ultrasound (or just sound very high power), the creation of zones of silence or sound barriers.
The grammar's off to where I'm not sure how to properly fix it. It looks like that wording has been that way since the page was made in 2015.

If I unlock those pages for you, are you willing to handle it Agnaa?

Thank you.

I will unlock the following pages:

Palkia
Giratina
Arceus
Dialga
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf

Tell me here when you are done.

The Sound Manipulation page has some confusing wording.

The grammar's off to where I'm not sure how to properly fix it. It looks like that wording has been that way since the page was made in 2015.
Before any of that... it's very weird how sound manipulation is defined as the ability to manipulate other stuff via sound, instead of as the ability to manipulate sound IMO.
Also how casting a spell that requires a chant apparently is supposed to be considered a type of sound manipulation, regardless of what the spell does.

The page should IMO just be remade in its entirety. It doesn't match our usual ideas of what a "manipulation" page should be about.

As far as just grammar goes, what I suppose it wishes to say is:
Manipulation of sound - The ability to use the properties of sound waves to transmit information, to create soundproof barriers, to create zones of silence or to attack the enemy with very loud noise and/or soundwaves with special frequencies. This ability is typically limited to what can be accomplished by using sound within the reals of the real life laws of physics.

Before any of that... it's very weird how sound manipulation is defined as the ability to manipulate other stuff via sound, instead of as the ability to manipulate sound IMO.
Also how casting a spell that requires a chant apparently is supposed to be considered a type of sound manipulation, regardless of what the spell does.

The page should IMO just be remade in its entirety. It doesn't match our usual ideas of what a "manipulation" page should be about.

As far as just grammar goes, what I suppose it wishes to say is:
I wholeheartedly agree, but think that rewording is a good stopgap measure.

Manipulation of sound - The ability to use the properties of sound waves to transmit information, to create soundproof barriers, to create zones of silence or to attack the enemy with very loud noise and/or soundwaves with special frequencies. This ability is typically limited to what can be accomplished by using sound within the realms of the real life laws of physics.

I agree with this reword.

I believe Class H used to indicate human-like LS? It's an outdated term. Anyway, firearms are 9-C, that doesn't really need to be justified. Agreed for the ghost part tho

Thank you for helping out DontTalk. I agree with your rewording and other suggestions.

I believe Class H used to indicate human-like LS? It's an outdated term. Anyway, firearms are 9-C, that doesn't really need to be justified. Agreed for the ghost part tho
Yes. The ghost statistics should probably be changed to Unknown.

I corrected the lifting strength rating.

Back