• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extremely Tiny Pokemon God Tier Hax Upgrade: Resistance to Cosmic Radiations & Extreme Cold

And by extremely tiny, I mean it. This should be an obvious given, but protocol has to be followed.

First things, Cosmic Radiations. And if nothing else, this goes to Palkia (and Arceus). Palkia literally is space, so cosmic radiations that come from what space is should logically go to what Palkia in and of itself is.

Next, extreme cold. Giratina at the very least should get this since it's been shown to be unaffected in snowy and icy environments before, the latter being it's own ice from inside the Distortion World.

There. Now we can discuss.

For the record, I don't particularly care that much about this. This thread was made so the people who want this added for them can make the case for them themselves.

The Palkia and Arceus one seems really dicey. Cosmic radiation doesn't "come from space" in the abstract of empty space, it comes from stars fusing elements together. I see no reason why being space should give you resistance to that, any more than "being space" would give you resistance to literally every event that takes place within space.

Giratina one seems fair tho.

Oh yeah, Arceus should get them too but not for that reason.

Upscaling does not give you someone's resistances. But all other pokemon are aspects of Arceus, so it's prolly fair for Arceus to get those resistances.

Upscaling does not give you someone's resistances. But all other pokemon are aspects of Arceus, so it's prolly fair for Arceus to get those resistances.
That's what I mean by Upscaling for Arceus.

Upscaling is a bad term to use for that in any case, but yeah, per recent changes, just upscaling to someone else doesn't mean you automatically inherit their resistance(s).

Wouldn't original spirit Arceus have the resistances of every pokemon in existence then??? That should be added

It's more because hierarchical position. Since way weaker Pokémon showed to be able to survive in outer space, why the hell the gods who can bust the multiverse and are avatars of abstract entities shouldn't?

Because there is no reason for them to scale to those particular resistances. That is not considered sufficient evidence for any verse on the site.

Something else about Arceus I just realized too, for what its worth. His dimension literally has galaxies and an actual outer space within it, and IIRC Arceus was sleeping inside of a black hole, so even without using the "pokemon are aspects of him" reasoning, he himself should get it for that alone.

But like I said, I largely don't care that much on this.

Because there is no reason for them to scale to those particular resistances. That is not considered sufficient evidence for any verse on the site.
I mean.

You see Tao Trio, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Victini, Mewtwo and Genesect (can provide scans if you wish) being in outer space. It would be weird if the gods can't despite fodder dudes can instead. It's more about context. Plus they should scale to Palkia who should resists for the reasons already told.

Well they haven't survived in space so they don't get resistance. Find it weird all you want, but there's literally no proof or indication from their abilities that they'd be able to do that. This thread was already linked to you about this. We don't assume that god-tiers scale to every ability of fodder in a series, that's just not anything ever done.

I have no clue why they should scale to Palkia when Palkia's reason is "is literally all of space". Those other characters aren't literally all of space, they do not scale to abilities Palkia gets from literally being space.

Back