• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I am not penalising him. I politely asked him to change to something less offensive, as it is a typical troll username. That's it. This has been common practice for years.

Just a note that I think that we disabled the ignore function.

I am not penalising him. I politely asked him to change to something less offensive, as it is a typical troll username. That's it. This has been common practice for years.
Yeah but it ain’t a big deal if we have a user with an edgy name, I say we just let him be. He doesn’t really need to change it

I don't think ignoring someone, whether through a function or by simply overlooking posts, should be a rule violation. If they won't read your arguments, then you better convince other people, and if they were your only person in a massive thread you had a chance of convincing, you must not have had a good argument anyway. If your posts are rhetorically convincing, then it sucks for them to not address them, which imo is punishment enough.

ofc continuing to post without permission would be an offence, so a staff member should look into that and delete posts if necessary.

Hmm. It does not show up for me. I suppose that I might have to take it up with our system manager.

When you click on the username of someone who isn't a staff member, it gives you 3 options to choose from

"Follow", "Ignore" and "Start Conversation".

It still shows up for me.

Its this:

image0.png

Why is it that the Bleach thread specifically needs to be completed as quickly as possible?

Other threads that dealt with important issues were dealt with and successfully concluded/applied even when the issues themselves took a long time for people to properly discuss as well as figure out a conclusion for it.

Plus, it seems like the point of that thread is for Arc7 (and iMade) to formulate a response/rebuttal to Kukui and AKM's points. Convincing the others to decide which side of the debate (and its members) are making better arguments comes secondary to that, from the looks of that thread.

Go to "preferences" on your account settings

Check the "Style:" setting on your "preferences" page

Set the style to "VSBattles Dark"

With these settings enabled, the Ignore function shows up when you click on someone's name in a thread.

Well, if members keep being disrespectful to the staff and ignoring their warnings, we eventually have no other option than banning them.

Well, it is not remotely a big deal to simply politely ask members to change trollish usernames, as this has been Fandom's and our own standard policy for a long time.

Let's switch topic to something more relevant and constructive please.

Okay, so back to my report here.

Regardless, Gin-sama keeps responding to the staff thread without permission, was warned more than once by other staff not to do that, and did so anyway.
I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to comment on the thread otherwise my comments would have been deleted by the mods attending said thread. The worst thing I've said to you specifically is that I'm ignoring you, which I am in order to avoid needless drama. Not to mention that
A: I only replied into regards to the lack of patience shown in the thread
B: Not even the staff present show any issues with me commenting. The only one with issues with that fact is you, you who aren't a staff member. Meanwhile the real staff members aren't even saying "unfollow" this thread, which is what they would say if they said legitimate issues.
C: Take my name out of your mouth, and try not to take this personally but I genuinely want nothing to do with you in particular and would appreciate if you stopped mentioning me and interacting with me whenever I'm actively avoiding you.
I’ve already reported Gin not that long ago for being disrespectful before, so there’s that, whatever happens to him, you can decide on it.
And we know exactly what happened last time? I wasn't penalized, nor was I given a warning due to that occasion not being a reportable offence.

To be fair, it did seem like DemonGodMitchAubin was sort of telling you to stop commenting.
@LordGinSama Did you think to consider maybe the opposition may disagree with your interpretation and have their own interpretation they consider to be valid? Also you have added nothing constructive and this is primarily for staff only besides those that have been named, not to mention I remember you saying you decided to leave the wiki recently, so if you have nothing that is actually meaningful to the conversation, then respectfully leave the thread
But it wasn't much of a direct order (this is primarily for staff only, if you have no meaningful contributions then leave), and I didn't see other staff members taking issue with your involvement. So I'm not sure if this should be considered a rule violation.

To be fair, it did seem like DemonGodMitchAubin was sort of telling you to stop commenting.
Yeah that's fair but at that current point in time that thread was a hot mess with several users misbehaving and what not. At this points I vocalized a genuine criticism I had for the lack there of patience given the situation at hand.
But it wasn't much of a direct order (this is primarily for staff only, if you have no meaningful contributions then leave), and I didn't see other staff members taking issue with your involvement. So I'm not sure if this should be considered a rule violation.
None of the staff have issues with me being present, just as long as there's no hostility and or controversy involved and so far I haven't. To quote Sera EX
"I think we should allow non-staff to reply here, so long that it isn't anti-staff rhetoric or toxicity (because I'm here and you know I don't play the toxicity game).

We needed more staff to the table, not less non-staff."

Aka it's fine for me to comment, and now we have Kukui intentionally reporting me for something everyone was given permission to do, while antagonizing and making up lies. The comment below is a blatant lie as I was never warned, let alone "warned more than once." he likes to antagonize me and blow actions way out of proportion, hence me using the ignore button in order to distance myself from him. And despite that fact here he is, using slanderous claims to make a situation which isn't reportable seem like a reportable offence.
Okay, so back to my report here.

Regardless, Gin-sama keeps responding to the staff thread without permission, was warned more than once by other staff not to do that, and did so anyway.

And if you read Kukui's own replies he comes off as much, much more aggressive and standoffish than me. Hell even in one of his replies he's blatantly disrespectful and basically telling me to leave the forum before I plan on leaving? It could be an issue regarding the way he structured his replies but this is pretty nasty behavior nonetheless.

He intentionally brought up the fact that I'm leaving the wiki (on my own accord.) and brings it up in the thread as if I'm being banned? Not only that but he also instituted that I leave early. Here's my reply.

Not only that, but I'd also appreciate if you didn't structure that sentence that way as it paints me in a negative light as if I'm banned. Even in the OP I stated that I'd be leaving soon, not immediately.
And here's his
And yet your still here. Besides, you have already been reported to the RVT for not only breaking the rule of a staff only thread, but the contributions you HAVE given here have not exactly been stellar.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to comment on the thread otherwise my comments would have been deleted by the mods attending said thread. The worst thing I've said to you specifically is that I'm ignoring you, which I am in order to avoid needless drama. Not to mention that
A: I only replied into regards to the lack of patience shown in the thread
No, you were warned to stop responding to the thread as the reply I linked can confirm because you werent given permission to speak in the thread, and you know full well to ask for permission first before responding to a thread that only staff and permitted users can speak in. And what do you do?

You reaponded anyway because you didnt care.
C: Take my name out of your mouth, and try not to take this personally but I genuinely want nothing to do with you in particular and would appreciate if you stopped mentioning me and interacting with me whenever I'm actively avoiding you.
Oh believe me, lets just say the feeling is very mutual here. But you trying to avoid me isn't grounds to ignore rules and having immunity to being reported, especially in a thread where the opposition mainly comes from the very person you are avoiding as a whole.

No, you were warned to stop responding to the thread as the reply I linked can confirm because you werent given permission to speak in the thread

Like I explained, that warning wasn't very strict.

and you know full well to ask for permission first before responding to a thread that only staff and permitted users can speak in. And what do you do? You reaponded anyway because you didnt care.

Responding to staff-only threads without permission is actually fairly common. If people become obtrusive, staff should delete their comments. I've ended up doing that myself before. And I think Gin has a fair point with Sera saying that non-staff should be able to reply; blanket permission from a staff member for non-staff to reply.

I feel like this is only an issue if you can point to messages that should be deleted. In which case a staff member should delete them, and Gin should stop replying. That's about all that's needed.

No, you were warned to stop responding to the thread as the reply I linked can confirm because you werent given permission to speak in the thread, and you know full well to ask for permission first before responding to a thread that only staff and permitted users can speak in. And what do you do?
Who do you think has more say? The calc group member while in the middle of a shit situation (at the time.) or a Administrator saying she's fine with it? And that's hardly a warning front Mitch either, if anything he's telling me to remain respectful, and that particular thread is dealt with. So again, let's not make up blatant lies here Kukui. And guess what? Sera said she was fine with normal users commenting, and I'm going to take the words of the trusted Administrator rather than the words of a user who's being ignorant of her very words and a calc member who had issues with the tone I had (keyword.)
You reaponded anyway because you didnt care.
And had permission from an Administrator. Sera said she was fine with it, as long as there is criticism without being toxic. My last reply wasn't toxic, therefore you have nothing to report other than a needless petty overreaction.
Oh believe me, lets just say the feeling is very mutual here.
That's cool, then stop talking to me. I'm not forcing you to talk to me, the only one who's continuing this. If you don't like me then don't interact with me and leave me out of your mouth, do that and we'll get along peacefully.
But you trying to avoid me isn't grounds to ignore rules and having immunity to being reported, especially in a thread where the opposition mainly comes from the very person you are avoiding as a whole.
The issue is that no rules were broken in the first place, nor am I saying I'm immune to being reported. You see what I mean by you intentionally being incredibly antagonistic? I have you ignored for a reason, so you can stop interacting with me before I report you on the grounds of actual harrassment. It seems you don't understand the concept of me not wanting to interact with you, please respect that and enjoy the rest of your day. This is going to be my last reply to you and I'm dropping this subject entirely as I haven't broken any rules despite whatever you may feel.

No, you were warned to stop responding to the thread as the reply I linked can confirm because you werent given permission to speak in the thread

Like I explained, that warning wasn't very strict.
Not very strict doesnt mean it isnt clear. He needed to get permission first before coming into the thread to give responses. And he said he did not care if it was or wasnt staff only.
and you know full well to ask for permission first before responding to a thread that only staff and permitted users can speak in. And what do you do? You reaponded anyway because you didnt care.

Responding to staff-only threads without permission is actually fairly common. If people become obtrusive, staff should delete their comments. I've ended up doing that myself before. And I think Gin has a fair point with Sera saying that non-staff should be able to reply; blanket permission from a staff member for non-staff to reply.

I feel like this is only an issue if you can point to messages that should be deleted. In which case a staff member should delete them, and Gin should stop replying. That's about all that's needed.
Yes, but being fairly common doesnt make it right or any more excusable. Especially since the responses he did give were not helpful to the thread, and others besides myself called him out on that.

Besides which, his replies (some of them anyway) were deleted in the thread because of it breaking rules and it not being that much helpful. His first response, which was this, got deleted and got called out on not being helpful.

Not very strict doesnt mean it isnt clear. He needed to get permission first before coming into the thread to give responses. And he said he did not care if it was or wasnt staff only.

Yes, but being fairly common doesnt make it right or any more excusable.
Especially since the responses he did give were not helpful to the thread, and others besides myself called him out on that.

Besides which, his replies (some of them anyway) were deleted in the thread because of it breaking rules and it not being that much helpful. His first response, which was this, got deleted and got called out on not being helpful.

But it does make it seem frivolous. If his replies have shaped up to the point where most staff don't seem to care, and he has tons of replies left up, why does it matter?

Like, a staff member told him to shape up almost a week ago, and he's seemingly been posting fine since then.

It's not like he's continuing to spam it with posts that staff have to keep deleting.

Last edited:
If his behavior stopped being disruptive and he followed the warnings, I don't see any reason for this report to go any further. From what I can see on the thread, that's what happened.
Yeah exactly, I even gave several counter arguments against the downgrade but I guess that was ignored just to antagonize me. As far as I'm concerned, nobody else other than Kukui has issues with me being present. Staff are fine with it, normal users are fine with it and if you notice how adamant he's being about this entire "no permission" subject despite being the only one complaining about it. Since then I haven't shown any hostility or toxicity and here he is desperately pushing the notion of me breaking rules. Quite frankly I think Kukui should be warned not to waste time on Report threads by forging false reports / wasting the time of users on something irrelevant.

Who do you think has more say? The calc group member while in the middle of a shit situation (at the time.) or a Administrator saying she's fine with it? And that's hardly a warning front Mitch either, if anything he's telling me to remain respectful,
Follow your own advice Gin, and lets not make up stuff here either. This is exactly what Mitch said to you after your first response into the thread:

Did you think to consider maybe the opposition may disagree with your interpretation and have their own interpretation they consider to be valid? Also you have added nothing constructive and this is primarily for staff only besides those that have been named, not to mention I remember you saying you decided to leave the wiki recently, so if you have nothing that is actually meaningful to the conversation, then respectfully leave the thread

And you didnt add anything meaningful to the discussion from that point forward.
and that particular thread is dealt with. So again, let's not make up blatant lies here Kukui. And guess what? Sera said she was fine with normal users commenting,
No, thats not what she said. She suggested that normal users be picked into responding into the thread to make things more fair and even besides it just being Arc, which we did. You came in much later than when this was said.

I think we should allow non-staff to reply here, so long that it isn't anti-staff rhetoric or toxicity (because I'm here and you know I don't play the toxicity game).

We needed more staff to the table, not less non-staff.

And thess were the most immediate responses to that from 2 staff members afterwards:

If non-staff want to be here they should go through the standard procedure of getting a staff member to vouch for them, otherwise no. And the derailing certainly isn't helping right now.

Agreed with this. Several knowledgeable non-staff members have been invited already. Let's wait to see what they have to say.

Sera suggesting normal users being allowed in isn't grounds for giving just any normal user to participate. Hasch, the only other person arguing against me besides Arc, had to ask Damage for permission before giving me counter arguments in the thread recently, so you are no different in this regard.
And had permission from an Administrator. Sera said she was fine with it, as long as there is criticism without being toxic. My last reply wasn't toxic, therefore you have nothing to report other than a needless petty overreaction.
And another wrong response. You werent given permission, from anyone on that thread. Point out who gave you permission and I will apologize.
That's cool, then stop talking to me. I'm not forcing you to talk to me, the only one who's continuing this. If you don't like me then don't interact with me and leave me out of your mouth, do that and we'll get along peacefully.
You came here of your own accord to what I perceived to be a RvT report, so this isn't my concern.

But it does make it seem frivolous. If his replies have shaped up to the point where most staff don't seem to care, and he has tons of replies left up, why does it matter?

Like, a staff member told him to shape up almost a week ago, and he's seemingly been posting fine since then.

It's not like he's continuing to spam it with posts that staff have to keep deleting.
I dont want to be here all day with this and keep everyones time up with this, so i'll just end it here with this.

If what I brought isnt report worthy, thats fine. But I perceived it as report worthy because this thread most certainly isnt one for derailing non-helpful responses from people who arent going to actively participate (proven by the fact that he has me on ignore when im outright the only opposition in the thread).

Arc and Hasch are the users I am arguing with in the discussion because they are the users who were given permission to respond and are actively doing so. Gin isnt contributing in this manner by actually giving arguments, and thats why I deemed it report worthy.

If this isnt report worthy, once again thats fine and I will apologize for bringing this in the first place. Im just explaining my reasons for why I reported this.

I literally don't even have to bother replying to the comment above, the user is on my ignore list and nobody is taking his side on the subject. Therefore I'm going to continue to ignore them to avoid drama, I'm gonna unfollow this thread and the staff can decide to reach out to me if they have anything to add but I very seriously doubt they will.

Back